Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47

Author Topic: Clone Room (G5 Registration)  (Read 47902 times)

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Room (8/∞)
« Reply #285 on: February 10, 2015, 10:12:22 am »

The goal isn't the survival for the individual clone, the goal is to get the Lover shot. So, by stating you and Anailater are clones you give the hero two more free kills while the hero decides who is the lover.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 10, 2015, 10:28:15 am »

Yeah...but the hero's goal is not to kill clones. The hero's goal is to find the lover. Free kills don't get him anything, he needs to kill people who are threats to him.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 10, 2015, 10:39:17 am »

Yeah...but the hero's goal is not to kill clones. The hero's goal is to find the lover. Free kills don't get him anything, he needs to kill people who are threats to him.

So giving him free information is going to make it easier for the clones to win, aye?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 10, 2015, 10:42:43 am »

It's a double-edged sword. The hero knows who a few clones are; However, so do the clones. So, if they worked together they could vote out the lover. 

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 10, 2015, 10:46:07 am »

It's a double-edged sword. The hero knows who a few clones are; However, so do the clones. So, if they worked together they could vote out the lover.

I disagree, they can't work together publicly (what's the policy on PMs?) else the Hero will kill them. There is no benefit to announcing you're a clone, because that's one less person the Hero needs to consider as Lover, or two if you announce that another person is a clone.

Considering the entire point of the game is for the Hero to find the Lover, I find it to be a pretty stupid way for a clone to play.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 10, 2015, 10:48:42 am »

Nah, it's a pretty stupid way for Clones to play. If one clone does it, they can get away with the gambit, in part because the hero can't trust them.

Also, Terra is still BF.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 10, 2015, 11:04:39 am »

Nah, it's a pretty stupid way for Clones to play. If one clone does it, they can get away with the gambit, in part because the hero can't trust them.

Also, Terra is still BF.

Clones win as a team though. If you eliminate one or two people for the Hero to consider, it's making it easier for the Hero to win. Which means the clones lose :P

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 10, 2015, 11:05:09 am »

Well if a good chunk of the clones say they are clones we can make a good assumption on who the lover is and kill them, also no one has told me how the clone voting works .-.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 10, 2015, 11:06:47 am »

Clones win as a team, but only the surviving clones. Anyway, if the gambit works, the hero can't kill you quite yet.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 10, 2015, 11:19:53 am »

Playergamer: Since you're a clone, why didn't you reveal Terra as the Best Friend after she announced who the Lover is?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 10, 2015, 11:27:12 am »

LuckyKobold, Kevak, HugoLuman or Elephant Parade are the Lover, through process of elimination.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 10, 2015, 12:07:04 pm »

LuckyKobold, Kevak, HugoLuman or Elephant Parade are the Lover, through process of elimination.
And I'm chopped liver?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2015, 12:09:37 pm »

So, Ama, what has your strategy been so far?
Remove the people that say they are clones so that there will be a higher chance of me being right when I start randomly shooting.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 10, 2015, 12:23:03 pm »

And I'm chopped liver?

Well you will be, once Ama gets their hands on you :P

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 10, 2015, 01:23:45 pm »

Isn't it possible that a clone may have lied about who they were told about, if they saw that the person they got was the same as someone else got then they could choose any of the others to be a clone, making it more likely that the hero would shoot the lover or best friend.

What I'm saying is we have no proof that these clones were telling the truth, we now the people that pointed others out were either clones or the best friend, but we don't know anything about the people who were pointed out.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47