Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47

Author Topic: Clone Room (G5 Registration)  (Read 47721 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Room (8/∞)
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2015, 10:43:08 pm »

Registered for Game 2 (11):
Playergamer
LuckyKobold
Ama
hector13
Elephant Parade
Cryxis, Prince of Doom
Peradon
mastahcheese
kj1225
Kevak
HugoLuman

Thinking about the Best Man role... the problem is, the Hero could just shoot all the Best Man claimers until he hits the Best Man, at which point he'll know who the Lover is.

How about for this round, we try a slightly different mechanic, where the Hero picks who they think the Lover is? If they pick a Clone, that Clone wins and the game continues. The number of chances Hero gets to pick will depend on the total number of players. If 11, then 3 chances. Do you guys like that?
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2015, 10:47:21 pm »

How about for this round, we try a slightly different mechanic, where the Hero picks who they think the Lover is? If they pick a Clone, that Clone wins and the game continues. The number of chances Hero gets to pick will depend on the total number of players. If 11, then 3 chances. Do you guys like that?
Sounds like its more challenging, thats for sure.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2015, 10:47:29 pm »

Well, it's still pretty much dependent on luck. Which is the problem. There needs to be some way to narrow it down. For example, Mafia normally has a class that just investigates. Seeing as this is like mafia with one townie and a lyncher that could be useful.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2015, 11:12:58 pm »

solution: don't have best man flip on death. have them appear as a clone if they die. that way, killing them doesn't tell you anything.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2015, 11:15:38 pm »

solution: don't have best man flip on death. have them appear as a clone if they die. that way, killing them doesn't tell you anything.
Was just about to post this!

We could also try this, with the Best Man included:

Using the normal system (clone elimination), make it so that when the Hero shoots a player, it is not revealed whether they were a Clone or the Best Man, only that they were not the Lover. In the end, if the only remaining players are the Hero, Lover, and Best Man, they win.

This is also interesting:
You know what might make it more interesting? If each player knew the role of one other player.
Ear teeth

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2015, 11:15:45 pm »

+1
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2015, 11:46:10 pm »

+1
+1
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2015, 12:09:43 am »

How about another alternative?

You have a Hero and Lover, and you have Hero Clones and Lover Clones. No one is announced at the beginning, except for gender.

I thought best man as clone was a little off, since clones are supposed to look like the lover. So ... best girl?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2015, 12:12:22 am »

That sounds like a significant alteration of the premise, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2015, 12:29:59 am »

+1
+1
Most likely going with this. Next game shall start some time tomorrow.
Ear teeth

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2015, 04:09:25 am »

I was thinking that you could have one of the clones have a special role that allows them to "deflect" a Hero kill onto the person *they* think the Lover is.

Makes it a bit more insidious.

It should be a one-shot skill though, otherwise silliness.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2015, 04:18:41 pm »

I was thinking that you could have one of the clones have a special role that allows them to "deflect" a Hero kill onto the person *they* think the Lover is.

But then the hero could loose even if they deduced the identity of everyone. Not to mention, using it would make you a sure target for the next turn, and what protection would the actual lover have?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2015, 04:35:47 pm »

But then the hero could loose even if they deduced the identity of everyone. Not to mention, using it would make you a sure target for the next turn, and what protection would the actual lover have?

Well that's the risk. You could potentially win the game, or just kill another clone and then die yourself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2015, 04:37:09 pm »

But that means that every choice is a gamble, even if you somehow knew for sure someone was a clone.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2015, 04:43:32 pm »

Of course. I just like WIFOM in mafia, and some of the different roles are entertaining.

To balance it a bit, there perhaps needs to be something the Hero can do to avoid having the Lover killed... but I don't like that.

I don't think there's really any way beyond cheating that a person could have 100% accurate read on anyone.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47