Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119983 times)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #1185 on: April 26, 2016, 09:23:35 am »

Arwen perks at the sounds of battle. "Should we go intervene then?" He grins, one hand resting on his blade.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 26, 2016, 10:08:10 am »

Mirella:
She shrugs. "You won't get anything out of me. Let me go, or don't, it's the same results, except my way, you get paid."
"Nonetheless, I believe my position stands."  Mirella returned the now-empty waterskin to her pack and relaxed across from the prisoner.  "Would you consider it remiss if I asked why you chose to follow the dragons so fervently?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 26, 2016, 10:27:52 am »

Arwen perks at the sounds of battle. "Should we go intervene then?" He grins, one hand resting on his blade.

"Those are probably our stinky lizard friends come to help, unless the Clan is fighting itself again. I suppose we should go help them. Anyone opposed?"

The elf speaks up for the first time in a while. His voice is shaky, as though he is weary of more violence.

"A-a battle... yet more foul, reptant menaces...?"

"If I'm right, only half of the menaces we have to worry about. You know what a Troglodyte is, i assume? A human sized lizard, not a lizardman-just related. Smell really quite awful. We offered them some help in clearing out this place, in return for reinforcements. I'm not sure if it's much of an improvement in regards to ownership, but they were friendly to us and they don't seem to want much, but this cave and to worship their God."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 26, 2016, 02:19:51 pm »

Adrik indicates assent to the plan.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 26, 2016, 02:35:31 pm »

"I-I see... I had feared more drakes. But yes, I will assist."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 26, 2016, 04:17:36 pm »

"I-I see... I had feared more drakes. But yes, I will assist."

Johanna socked Cian in the lower chest.

"Don't mumble, boy! Speak up! Yer got a thought in your head, please feel free to contribute!" She growled, taking on the same barking method of communication she used on Arwen. Despite being an 142 year old Elf, he had already seemingly been downgraded to 'boy'.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 26, 2016, 04:55:32 pm »

Arwen draws his blade, moving towards the combat!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 28, 2016, 10:00:41 pm »

Mirella:
"Have you ever met a dragon? If so, you would know why; they are the closest thing on this worthless earth to the divine, and they will rule over its ruins."

Adrik, Arwen, Cian, Johanna:
The group follows the sounds, and emerges through a passage out to the shadows in the entry hall. They quickly come across the troglodytes, as Johanna keenly deduced, finishing up the clearing of their home. The dozen or so primitive humanoids ready their weapons in response to the intrusion, but one of them, possibly one of the original few (it's hard to tell them apart), stops them short. "Astahii ti darastrix siliti. Canotak vucot zahae [pause], shar jaci [pause] winhal. Vinxa ihk rhyaex, nomenes svaust ingellar persvek waereic thurirli! Svaklar ui [pause]?"
Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 29, 2016, 05:40:33 am »

<"I'm sorry?  We don't understand who or what you're asking about.">
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:53:21 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 29, 2016, 08:22:41 am »

Johanna had already more or less deduced the pauses were likely some sort of olfactory communication method.

<"I'm sorry?  We don't know who or what you're asking about.">

She pushed Adrik in the side.

"Think before you speak, eh? I've figured they use smell to communicate as much as words-especially when it comes to proper names of things. To them, a smells unique to a person, I'd think-enough they can probably pass alot more information then we can in just a scent. Of course, we can't pick up on that.

They're talking about the fella we picked up-figure he's alright-and, asking where Mirella is."

Johanna shunted him away and took over diplomacy.

"Hesi thurirl ui tokeq - jaciv ui naktair sauriv shafaer ir di wer malsvir darastrix - siliti yth sitelia, ir di yoweth vers.

Re mobi tikil throdenilt darastrix siliti zahae? Yth ornla demak vargach, sjek vi vargach ui zulf ekess qe ehtaha!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 29, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »

"Yes.  I knew that.  That is why I asked.

...Very well then."
Sigtext

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 29, 2016, 03:23:09 pm »

"I cannot say I have, before your attack on Greenrest.  Something like that is not worthy of worship, and would not be worthy even if I weren't already sworn to another cause."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 30, 2016, 03:08:23 pm »

Arwen sheathes his blade, content to let the others do the talking.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 30, 2016, 11:34:34 pm »

Adrik, Arwen, Cian, Johanna:
They bear their teeth and hiss excitedly when they hear of the prisoner.
"Svabolen? [pause]? Astahii svent throden di nomenes svaust ingellar persvek waereic. Majak udoka! Yth svent vur sone!
Mobi ui thric vargach, ergriff rhyaex. Tuor demak persvek rhyaex?"
Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)

Mirella:
"Not worthy of worship? Have you ever felt such power? That's what the dragons offer in return for our service, a taste of that penultimate power. Do you want a taste? Even the small fragment I offer is ten times what your god will ever let you have."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 01, 2016, 11:22:53 am »

Yth geou sone nomeno ir poktosh - irral, yth rigluin jacioniv ekess anyui creol visidarkic. Hesi aryte ui putole dout waere, sia thurirl - yth re slathalinir wer darastrix siliti svak'ni yth ehtah astahi, zyak yth zklaen dryic irthir zahae hesi irlymi. Yth geou clax jacioniv karif mojka, vur qe assured jaciv geou ehtah thric ssifisv persvek nomeno tobor usv wer frevor. Johanna said, not leaving much room for debate.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 94