Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119808 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #855 on: December 15, 2015, 11:35:40 am »

Johanna padded along, lost in thought.

"...What's Entity/Being in the nine hells is described as a 'Laogzed', anyway?" Johanna said, having recovered some of her cognizance.

Action: Can I identify the species? Also, what's a Laogzed?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 15, 2015, 11:37:14 am »

"Dunno, that's why I asked."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 15, 2015, 02:09:50 pm »

The creatures see pretty happy at Adrik's response, and rasps out "Laogzed, jaci ui wer bensvelkilti [pause], wer bensvelkilti sonear. Jaci [pause] zyak algbo, batobot shio waereic [pause] di jacion. shio laogzed tir ui sone; jaci geou sone froneel. Jaci geou nomenes svaust jilg mitne, jaci geou sone svern waere, jaci geou sone rothe, jaci geou sone kifel nuresi, jaci geou sone hamir vaecaesini, jaci geou sone kifel svess moliki, jaci geou sone nomenes svaust ingellar persvek waereic vur hak jaci geou sone waereic. Hak ergriff jaci geou qe ekess sone, vur jaci geou sone Laogzed.
"Laogzed sone froneel, zyak yth waph bensvelk vur itrewic iwiek ihk wer soneir. demak udoka? Clax hesi [pause] ekik waere.
"Yth re nomenes svaust ingellar persvek waereic."
Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)

Adrik:
(Adrik's Intelligence Check: 19+1)
These are Troglodytes. They're a race of primitive reptilian humanoids who carry a repulsive odor which causes harm to those around them. The spoken troglodyte language is apparently derived from a simplified version of the draconic tongue, but this is accompanied by a vast, full vocabulary consisting of smells generated by troglodyte scent glands. Adrik learned of them from his adoptive father, when the dwarf was explaining the multitude of dangers present below ground.
(Adrik's Intelligence Check: 2+1)
Laogzed is a deity from the Mulhorandi pantheon, a god of vegetation, death, the dead, justice, and harvest.

Johanna:
(Johanna's Intelligence Check: 7+4)
These are Troglodytes. They're a race of primitive reptilian humanoids who are known to smell bad.
(Johanna's Intelligence Check: 17+4)
Laogzed is the deity worshipped by troglodytes. Its symbol is an oozing toad-lizard, or a lizard's head. Laogzed's sacred animal is the toad. Laogzed is described as a disgusting, vile being who resembles both a toad and a lizard. It is said that Laogzed is a declining power, a single-minded deity concerned only with filling its disgusting maw with food. It has no interest in its followers or priests aside from how good they might be to eat. Its lack of concern for the Realms or its worship is likely to lead to its eventual extinction

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Map.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 15, 2015, 02:49:10 pm »

"Ah, I recall now...Laogzed. Fairly disgusting, that one. They described him pretty well enough I don't have much to add-except, that he doesn't really care for his followers or priests...I'm not sure how much they care about him in turn, though it might be the difference between friendly contact and them trying to offer us on an altar."

She responded to the creatures, far more noble accented Draconic tongue. She had learned from a Dragon, anyway.

"Demak wux ihk svabol, thurirli?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 15, 2015, 02:54:19 pm »

((Is there a Draconic translator I should know about?))
"Right.

... Take our... Out of the cave... There's a word they spoke we didn't smell, I bet..."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:00:23 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 15, 2015, 04:53:00 pm »

Arwen approaches, and nods.

"Interesting dialect. Haven't heard Draconic spoken like that before." He nods, listening to the chatting. The Eater, huh...

Arwen too, rolls his checks!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 17, 2015, 04:34:29 am »

"Demak persvek itheik ihk laogzed! Yth xinpivi ihk jacion! Tuor ocuir?" The troglodyte gestures at the cave walls around him.

Arwen:
(Arwen's Intelligence Check: 10+2)
These are Troglodytes. They're a race of primitive reptilian humanoids who are known to smell bad. Arwen's old ex-adventurer coworkers said they smelled so bad it hurt.
(Arwen's Intelligence Check: 9+2)
Laogzed is the deity worshipped by troglodytes. By all accounts, Laogzed is a disgusting entity.

Map.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 17, 2015, 09:08:10 am »

"It's entirely possible they want to sacrifice us...or, they want to be our friends.

I'm for seeing which. If they are the sort who eat random people, we're better off dealing with them ourselves-so that can't hurt anyone anymore. If they are friendly, we could use their help infiltrating the cave-I'm sure they know of many secret tunnels and passages even the cultists are ignorant of. It's a worthy risk."

Action: I vote for Lizardfolk friendship!

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 17, 2015, 10:43:16 am »

Arwen thought for a moment, noting the omitted words AND the strange sound of the words. He shakes his head and begins to speak to the Troglodytes in their own tongue.

"Wux renthisja di katimai di sililos. Si huven ekess vucot svaklar astahii re. Si tepoha creolnali si zklaen discuss mrith astahi. Mrith wer edge di sia cayosin, probably."

Spoiler: Translation (click to show/hide)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 17, 2015, 10:44:48 pm »

The troglodyte seems shocked. "Dout caex renthisjic?!"
"Wer katimai di sililos re batobot idol," the troglodyte says, gesturing towards the east, "svaklar astahii xurwk wer tilsin bikil sthyri. Wer waere gethrisjic bekiwilt, astahii [pause] wer tiamo waere."
Map.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 18, 2015, 09:27:36 am »

((OOC: Hey guys, can we get everyones opinion here? Either we're following/fighting the Lizardfolk or just going straight into the dungeon. Or do I just need to drag everyone around by the ears again? :P ))

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 18, 2015, 01:39:55 pm »

Arwen nods. That information would come in handy. For now...

"Thric, merely vin expression. Si apologize ihk tikil confusion. Yth geou demak wux ihk vi moxt while, sva wer zi gekip.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 18, 2015, 01:49:33 pm »

Johanna coughed.

"Work on your syntax, boy!"

"Jaci jahus ekess yenta... Thric, batobot jahus filki vin haiyear siofmea. Si mi bivai ihk sia jikmadator ricin."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 18, 2015, 04:04:10 pm »

They seem initially confused at Arwen's butchering of the language, but when he agrees to come along, they get excited.
"Axun, axun! Bensvelk, bensvelk! Confn, confn! Yth majak wux toma di xinpiviri vur visp wux svanoa Laogzed daska vur opsolada wer waereic!"
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:43:48 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 18, 2015, 04:12:18 pm »

"Eh, what's the worse that can happen!

Come on, let's go visit the lizards. Hopefully they can find us a back entrance..."

Action: We're following them, apparently!

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 94