Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119872 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #735 on: December 02, 2015, 06:11:17 am »

((Is the cultist down?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 02, 2015, 10:52:08 am »

((OOC: She took like 25 damage, so I'm guessing yes.))

Johanna prodded the body with her hammer.

"Well, she had spirit, I'll give her that...I suppose these two were guards...let's see if they have anything on them."

Action: Time for corpse looting!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 02, 2015, 11:16:49 am »

Arwen grimaces, taking a few practice swings with his new blade. "You have my apologies friends... Still getting used to this one." He sighed and sheathed it for the moment, assisting with checking the bodies.

LOOT AHOY!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 02, 2015, 02:59:22 pm »

Looting occurs.
"It's okay.  Mostly.  That hurt.  I'm okay now, though.  Thank goodness."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 02, 2015, 03:01:21 pm »

(Johanna's Investigate Check, with Advantage from Arwen and Adrik: 12 18+6)'
Besides their weapons, masks and robes, the cultists only have 22 copper nibs, copper coins from the city of Waterdeep.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 02, 2015, 03:03:26 pm »

"Well that wasn't exactly unexpected.  Let me take a look at the weapons.  They might be worth something."
Also, the people, do they look... Well, anything?
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 02, 2015, 03:05:40 pm »

Their weapons are well made sword/knife things. They probably function a lot like a scimitar.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 02, 2015, 03:06:48 pm »

Arwen looks over the meager findings, nodding. Made sense... They should concern themselves with moving forward though.

"Let's keep going. I don't want to give them time to prepare."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 02, 2015, 03:10:48 pm »

Adrik grabs the sword-knife things, unless Arwen wants one.
Sigtext

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 02, 2015, 03:20:08 pm »

Arwen passes on the blades.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 03, 2015, 03:43:28 pm »

Everyone gains 100 XP!

The group continues on, further into the cave. The entrance to the cave ends here at a 10-foot drop-off. To your right, broad steps are roughly hewn into a natural stone ramp. The cavern below is carpeted with a profusion of fungi ranging from a few inches high to nearly as tall as a human adult. Two paths lead through the fungi into the shadows; one to the the right, and one on the left.

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Map.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 03, 2015, 04:03:27 pm »

Johanna wasn't one of those 'cave' Dwarfs-she liked the sky over her head, and the wind blowing in her hair. Thus, the sight of mushrooms filled with her mundane dread of someone slightly embarrassed at not knowing how to 'represent' their race. Of course she was a Dwarf! She should know ALL about mushrooms! Right?

In truth, all she knew was they were served well when fried and buttered, and on the side a juicy beef steak.

"Huh, I wonder if this is a sort of mushroom farm-Kobolds have to eat too, right?. How quaint. My Da told me our family back in the mountain, grew farms like this...I think that was why we left...Look, there's a Plump Helmet!...I think..."

Action: Can I identify any the species of fungus? Nature/Arcana?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 03, 2015, 04:11:23 pm »

Well, roll Adrik's knowledge check.

Also, why is there suddenly a protrusion where I could have sworn there wasn't one before?  Where the cultists were.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:17:17 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 03, 2015, 04:52:15 pm »

(Johanna's Intelligence Check: 17+4)
As Johanna claimed, there are a number of plump helmets among the fungi. However, there are far more sinister fungi among them.
The largest of the bunch are called violet fungi, carnivorous fungi that lash out with tendrils to kill its prey. The decomposing corpse quickly decomposes, feeding the soil and providing a bed for a new violet fungi to grow in. Johanna counts four of them.
Many of the mushrooms in the garden are look like some strange, blue version of a psilocybin mushroom, a hallucinogenic mushroom. Closer investigation is required to properly identify them.

(Adrik's Intelligence Check: 3+1)
The mushrooms below seem to be amanita muscaria, a mushroom known for its curious effect; when eaten, your height doubles.

And there was a protrusion there. ((I went back and checked the edits. Unless you give me a cell number, then I have no idea where you're talking about.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 03, 2015, 04:56:51 pm »

"Ach, tha dinnae make any sense a' all...'t dinnae make sense when I read it either.

I ha' no clue what these are.  Johanna?"

((24M))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 94