Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119852 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #720 on: November 30, 2015, 11:49:45 am »

"I could destroy quietly enough-a touch of poison would put them to sleep...but, I suppose you are right. If we get beat by a bunch of Kobold newborns we don't deserve to be in this line of business."

Action: Let's move on!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 30, 2015, 11:54:52 am »

"Aye.  Onwards."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 30, 2015, 02:43:57 pm »

(Passive Perception checks: ... vs. ...)
Two cultists, wearing strange masks and wielding wicked looking blades, dash out of the shadows behind the cave's pillars, and fall upon the party.

(Cult 1's Melee Attack (Multiattack): 7, 25 vs. Arwen's AC, One Success! 4 damage!)
The first cultist sidesteps from the shadows just feet from the party, and drives her blade into Arwen's side. Luckily, his armor deflects the worst of the blow.
The other cultist just dashes forward, having taken a more distant hiding spot.

Having won initiative, Before anyone can react, the cultists continue their onslaught of blows.
(Cult 1's Melee Attack (Multiattack, Advantage): 22 24, 21 12 vs. Arwen's AC, Two Successes! 11 and 9 damage!)
(Cult 2's Melee Attack (Multiattack, Advantage): 15 14, 16 23 vs. Adrik's AC, Two Successes! 17 and 7 damage!)
Working with a kind of synchronicity that's almost supernatural, the two cultists' blades flash, cutting deep into Adrik and Arwen, leaving heavy wounds in the both of them.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Adrik's turn.
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy status (click to show/hide)
Map.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 30, 2015, 03:12:47 pm »

((How much move do I have anyway?))
Adrik flings Magic Missiles into the cultist that just hit him  (1Actually 2)
"Ach, tha' hurt.  I'll be sure tae repay the favor."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:04:30 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 30, 2015, 03:48:59 pm »

Johanna nudged Arwen on the shoulder from behind.

"Concentrate everything got on one a time! They fight too good side by side!"

Action: Backstep to O20 and magic missile on the same target Adrik is firing out. Magic Missile Massacre!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 30, 2015, 04:03:31 pm »

Adrik flings Magic Missiles into the cultist that just hit him  (1?)
((2 hit you. 1 attacked Arwen both times.))

Mirella murmured a brief prayer to Selune before raising her now-glowing shield, calling forth divine light to shine on the two who had been attacked.  She then stepped forward, quarterstaff and shield ready.

Channel Divinity (Preserve Life) on Adrik and Arwen (+20 HP to each); 5' step to Q23

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 30, 2015, 06:13:15 pm »

(Adrik's Magic Missile damage: 2+1, 3+1, 1+1, 10 damage!)
Adrik's spell thudthudthuds into the cultist, sending him staggering back, before he comes back, charging into the fray again, but coughing up blood.
It is Arwen's turn.
Map.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 01, 2015, 03:11:58 pm »

".... Son of a bitch!" Arwen roars and swings his new blade, attacking Cultist 1!

SWORDS!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 01, 2015, 03:24:59 pm »

((... Argh.))
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 01, 2015, 04:20:41 pm »

(Arwen's Melee Attack: 2+7, Failure!)
Arwen, completely misjudging the balance of the new blade, swings with a horizontal chop, but the point doesn't swing quite as he imagined it would, and gives the cultist plenty of time to dodge.

(Johanna's Magic Missile damage: 1+1, 1+1, 2+1, 7 damage!)
The three bolts of magic down the already beleaguered cultist with a crunch of bone.

The dark cave brightens a little with a silvery flash of light, which dies, leaving Adrik and Arwen's wounds healed.

(Cult 1's Melee attack against Arwen: 9 vs AC, Failure!)
Distraught by the lose of her companion, the cultist flies into a rage, and in her fury, flails ineffectively at Arwen.

It is Adrik's turn.
Map.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 01, 2015, 04:25:59 pm »

Magic Missiles.
"I suppose ye kinnae be convinced to yield up yer information in exchange f'r yer life.  Because otherwise, you die very soon."
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 01, 2015, 04:45:41 pm »

Johanna nodded to herself, and began moving her fingers carefully, like she was sewing a spiders web...

Not having to make a detailed face was something of a boon-a mask, a shapeless body, and a cult uniform had fewer identifying marks that would fool a potential illusion spell-the difficulty would be the chin, of course, but Johanna had got a decent look. And the Cultist would not be pressed to notice details, indeed if she stopped to do so Arwen would cut her in twain...

She carefully crafted an image of the Cultists companion staggering to his or her feet despite the wounds, at the same time veiling the fallen body. The figure would then 'rejoin' the battle, and Johanna knew that she could maneuver the remaining cultist into a serious, indeed fatal mistakes if it worked, that Arwen or Mirella would take quick advantage of-she had noted the figures often struck as a mirrored pair, trying to confuse opponents-one would go high, the other attack low repeatedly to drive a wedge in a defenders guard-or one would strike out harshly forward, and the other would fend off an incoming attack-sometimes one would make a quick jab, and the other would cover the retreat. A single person doing this would quickly be slain, she had no doubt-striking as if to expect a follow through that would never come, and trying to fend off attacks for someone who didn't exist.

Johanna had an idea that the cultist had been friends with that one, or more-maybe a lover, or a sibling-she knew the most potent of illusions always were the ones you wanted to believe. This would be childs play...if terribly cruel... Assuming the battle did not end prematurely, she would not let this ones dying rage harm her friends.

Already, the ice was growing in her heart.

Action: Minor illusion spell-create a false image of Cultist 2 getting back up despite his/her wounds and rejoining the battle. Obviously intending to trick the remaining attacker into trying to fight as if there were two of them left. I believe I can make this spell only visible to my target, correct?

((OOC: Well described illusions are much more likely to work, I'm sure! Though I totally expect this to be over anyway.))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:47:33 pm by Dwarmin »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 01, 2015, 04:50:26 pm »

Arwen grimaces, spinning the hilt of the blade in his hand to readjust his grip, trying to slash upwards at the cultist! This new blade... He would MAKE it work, until he had his old blade back. For now, this would make a good stand in, so long as it started proving itself.

"<Get out of my way!>"

MORE SWORD!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 01, 2015, 04:51:27 pm »

"Surrender, and we'll be lenient.  Fail to do so, and we shall be victorious."

If cultist is not convinced to surrender by myself or Adrik, attack with quarterstaff

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 01, 2015, 10:50:55 pm »

(Adrik's Magic Missile damage: 4+1, 3+1, 4+1, 14 damage!)
(Adrik's Intimidate check: 1+5)
"YOU KILLED HIM! AND I'LL KILL YOU FOR IT," the cultist sobs through fits of coughing up blood. She seems unresponsive to any further form of negotiation.

(Arwen's Melee Attack: 3+7, Failure!)
This time, Arwen's failure wasn't the sword's fault; the cutlist, imbued with a surreal strength, batted away his swing like it was nothing as she flung herself at the group.

(Johanna's Deception (Intelligence) check with Advantage: 10+4 12 vs. ... CRITICAL SUCCESS!)
Johanna conjures a convincing illusion that, while visible to everyone, is clearly not an actual person from every angle but the one that it's intended for. The still standing cultist, seeing this, cries out "Neviam! I knew they couldn't kill you that easily! Come! Let us bath in their blood in Tiamat's name!" and redoubles her onslaught.

(Mirella's Melee Attack: 15+5, Success! Damage: 8+3)
"HA! We'll never surrender! You can't stop the might of our-"THUNK
Whatever she was going to say, it was interrupted by Mirella's staff colliding with her face.

Map.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 94