Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119935 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Interlude
« Reply #630 on: November 15, 2015, 01:45:40 pm »

((Heh.  Funny.  Adrik is kind of penniless at the moment though.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 15, 2015, 08:07:00 pm »

Mirella:
The town's apothecary is staffed by a single young halfling woman, who is setting up a rough table for a counter. Pottery and glass shards, mixed with herbs lie swept into the corner. She looks up, tiredly, at Mirella as she enters the shop. Then, recognition springs up in her eyes. "Hey, aren't you one of the adventurers that saved the temple? I was in there! I can't thank you enough! What brings you to my shop?"
Mirella smiles.  "Thank you, but I was just doing what I could to help.  It was the least I could do.  As for what brings me here, I was looking for restorative or healing potions to help supplement my own magic.  As well, I was curious if you had any ingredients to allow me to restock my healing kit.  Horsetail, aloe, or charcoal, for instance."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 15, 2015, 11:42:57 pm »

Arwen:
Flaconmoon chuckles. "That sure narrows it down."
Ever since his close-encounter with that orb in the cave, Arwen felt... strange. He could feel invisible strings everywhere, wrapping around his every move. Now, he finally realizes that feeling was not combat fatigue, but a web of magical energy, surrounding everyone, invisibly. Gentle tugging at the strings does nothing, but study should reveal something more.

Adrik:
Adrik idly wanders the town as the group wraps up. He passes a group of children playing ball in the burnt skeleton of a house, and they pause to stare at him, before returning to their game. Life goes on, despite calamities.
Adrik is about to move on, when he spots something strikingly blue in one of the ruined houses, reflecting the morning sun into his eyes.

Mirella:
"Of course, I've got a bit. The good news is that the raiders couldn't tell healing salves from dysentery relief. The bad news is that anyone who gets dysentery for a while is out of luck. I've got some healing salves left, and plenty of those three you mentioned.
Let me get them for you." She disappears into the back, and returns with a small pot holding the materials Mirella asked for, and a few vials of a thin, brown liquid. "The ingredients are on the house, but I'm afraid that, as much as I'd like to, I can't just give away the health potions. They're forty gold a piece."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 15, 2015, 11:51:30 pm »

Arwen spends some time experimenting as he walks about town, having left the company of the old priest. Fascinating... What were these?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 16, 2015, 03:39:50 am »

Arwen:
(Int check: 20+2)
Spoiler: History dump (click to show/hide)
Arwen plays with the strings very gently, and, after some prodding, stumbles on the right combination of gestures and muttering to toss a small ball of fire. A few tweaks to the formula, and he's spraying fire from his hands. Within an hour, he develops an impressive repertoire; he can throw fire, make REALLY loud noise, fire off bolts of force, shoot lightning bolts, and channel the elements into destructive attacks. Of course, he'll have to try it in action to really get used to casting on the fly.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 16, 2015, 05:52:11 am »

Adrik will move out of the glare and see what or who he can see.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 16, 2015, 10:45:56 am »

Within an hour, he develops an impressive repertoire; he can throw fire, make REALLY loud noise, fire off bolts of force, shoot lightning bolts, and channel the elements into destructive attacks. Of course, he'll have to try it in action to really get used to casting on the fly.

Johanna had heard a magical barrage a ways off, and rushed to the scene, ready to fight whatever evil demon had shown up and started tossing spells around the village. Instead, she found Arwen.

"...You were a bloody Sorcerer this whole time?" She asked, perplexed. "Yer didn't need any training you clod, you've got the magic in the blood." Johanna said, a bit miffed. "Unlike people who have to work their whole lives to get it..." she grumbled, stalking off.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 16, 2015, 10:59:29 am »

"Thank you," Mirella said as she accepted pots.  "Regarding the healing potions, I'll take eight, please, if it won't deplete your stocks too much." 

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 16, 2015, 11:07:01 am »

Adrik hears the magic going off in the distance but ignores it for the moment.
Sigtext

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 16, 2015, 11:41:03 am »

Arwen stares at the spells he casts in wonder. He could do magic. HE COULD DO BLOODY MAGIC?! He was nearly beside himself when Johanna found him, and shook his head, unable to keep the grin off his face.

"Nah, I know how hard it is to be a Wizard... My uncle was one.... Gave me the Mage's Primer one time when I was six. I'm a fast reader... But I've never been able to see the weave before now, much less interact with it... Why can I..." He pauses, having a flashback to his most recent near-death experience with the orb. ".... Of course... The Orb... But why would it..." He hurries behind Johanna and takes her shoulder in one hand. "I need to study that thing." The wild, determined look was in his eyes, coupled with.... hunger? Yes, he NEEDED that knowledge. Why was he just now able to cast spells, without years of practice? Had he truly been a sorcerer? Shouldn't be, unless it came from his father's side... He needed answers, and luckily he knew exactly where they were. Back at that camp.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 16, 2015, 11:51:56 am »

"Some sort of aberrant magical contamination, then...you know, sometimes that has uh...side effects. You haven't begun glowing, have ya?" She asked, seriously
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 16, 2015, 12:33:15 pm »

Arwen checks himself for magical contamination. "Not that I've noticed..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 16, 2015, 12:38:30 pm »

"...Still have all your limbs I see...always a good sign...

Anyway, make sure to tell me if anything...weird happens. Right."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 16, 2015, 03:00:57 pm »

Adrik continues attempting to discern what he is looking at.
((*attempts edit-based bumping*))
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:25:07 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 16, 2015, 07:37:49 pm »

Adrik:
He has to move aside some of the rubble to properly examine it, but it reveals itself to an azure scale, the size of Adrik's hand, with fingers spread wide. From where he stands in the rubble, Adrik can make out a few more fallen scales.

Mirella:
"Of course, ma'am. That'll be three hundred twenty gold pieces. I'll just grab the rest from the back."
A minute later, the halfling returns, arms full of vials, and eyes full of an idea.
"If it's not too much to ask, ma'am, I've been running low on some of the rarer ingredients. I've heard that adventurers often run into valuable herbs and fungi on their travels, so I would really appreciate it you could keep an eye out for some. Here, I've got a list here."
The list is written in the scrawl characteristic of medical professionals throughout the multiverse.
Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 94