Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119904 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 1: Greenest in Flames.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 12:55:12 pm »

Johanna whirled her hammer again, and the cloud that engulfed the previous Kobold solidified, and smoked on over to another one...

Action: Another Poison Spray on the closest kobold!

Con Saving throwing 13 on target, or...
Damage: 1d12 Poison
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 01:11:21 pm »

By Arwen, a cloud of gas forms, entrapping a kobold, (Con save: ... Failure) who takes a small sniff, (Damage roll: 4) and begins vomiting his guts out.
Mirella's staff strike is (Attack roll: 6+5, Failure) deflected by the kobold's badly made leather armor.
Edit: (I forgot again.)
It is Arwen's turn.
One Kobold is next to Mirella, and a very injured and a healthy one are by Arwen.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:15:45 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 01:18:43 pm »

Arwen is gonna attack the healthy one!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 12:55:18 pm »

Arwen delivers a stab to the gut, (Attack roll: 18+6) running them through. (Don't even need to roll for damage, you'd have killed them with a 1.)
The remaining kobolds, realizing that they are greatly outnumbered, follow the other kobold away in the town.
50 XP for all!
The woman leans on her spear for a moment, catching her breath before speaking. "Cuth, kids, come on out. They're gone."
As her family comes out of the alley, she continues to speak. "Thanks for saving us. I didn't think I be able to hold out against them. I'm Linan Swift, this is my husband, Cuth, and these are our children."
Cuth is staring his wife's bleeding leg. "Linan, you're wounded!"
"Which is why we need to get to the keep, and quickly! They won't leave the gate open for long! Adventurers, if the raiders come after us again, I won't be able to hold them off. Can you get us to the keep?"

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 12:58:29 pm »

Mirella nods, then looks at the others.  "We can, yes.  At the very least, I can.  I think it may be best for the rest of us to make for the keep as well, unless we want to make a sweep for more survivors."  She knelt down beside the woman, looking at the injury on the leg.  "Please, hold still a moment."

Cast Cure Wounds on Linan

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2015, 01:15:03 pm »

Johanna nods grimly.

"I think we have to hope most people got safely to the keep-we'll save everyone we can on the way, but we must move swiftly. If the Dragon breaks the defenses of the keep, I doubt many of the villagers will survive..." She says, putting forward her own argument.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2015, 01:20:49 pm »

"The keep is probably the best place to mount a counterattack anyway.... Can you walk, miss? If not, I'm fairly certain I can carry you there." Arwen wipes the blood off of his blade, then sheathes it, looking at the corpses. Probably nothing useful on them anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2015, 01:54:17 pm »

"Let's go quickly then, once she is healed. They won't be holding that gate for long." Johanna says, waiting for the healing to be done.

Action: To the keep quickly, form a protective circle around Linan and Co.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2015, 02:20:03 pm »

Sweetpea, for her part, was already moving up and rummaging for any likely looking loot on the kobolds. She wrinkled her nose at the smell - rank sweat and rotting leather. After the cursory look over - really for any obvious pouches and the like than the proper search she'd prefer she rose and started moving ahead of the others. She assumed they were kobolds, at least. She'd never seen one before now, and the street stories of monsters in the sewers had as much exaggeration as deadly truth.

"I'll look out ahead. I'm faster, and quieter. If there's more monsters ahead then I can see them before they see us."

Loot quickly, then stealth ahead of the others towards the keep
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 09:59:32 pm »

Cast Cure Wounds on Linan
Linan waves you away. "Save your magic. There may be more injured people in the keep."
"Can you walk, miss? If not, I'm fairly certain I can carry you there." Arwen wipes the blood off of his blade, then sheaths it, looking at the corpses. Probably nothing useful on them anyway.
"I'll be fine."
(Investigation: 9+2) The kobold's weaponry is horrible. Nothing of any interest here, not even a single copper piece.
Loot quickly, then stealth ahead of the others towards the keep
(Investigation: 3+2) You find nothing else.
(Stealth: 5+8 vs Perception... Success) Sweetpea, skirting along the back of the houses, spot a group of four kobolds and two humans in leather, wearing blue cloaks, standing in the street, arguing. They have yet to notice the party. She relays this information back to the group. The two groups are about 75 feet apart, with a building intervening.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 10:17:06 pm »

Arwen thinks, then nods. "We should go stab them too. And maybe get information out of them."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 09:32:12 am »

"Let's sneak  past. We've got innocent people with we need to get to safety. We can't afford to waste time." Johanna says.

~~~

((I'm willing to go democratic on this decision, btw. Let's just decide, and go for it. Last person, try not to put us in a tie. :P

@MyiM: Is it possible for us to go around them, btw, or are they pretty much unavoidable?

Choice 1/Kill zem all!-One vote
Choice 2/Avoid them for now...-One vote))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 10:26:19 am »

((You can avoid them, you can fight them, or you can try something clever.))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 01:22:14 pm »

"We could do both. I lure them in the opposite direction, break off, and rejoin you after you've snuck past. I'm fast on my feet. They won't catch me."

It was a tactic she'd used in her criminal days plenty - the fastest on her feet, she'd served as the one who led the guards away, scrambling over rooftops and walls like a green-skinned monkey.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2015, 01:52:08 pm »

Mirella glanced from one to the other.  "I don't really know either way.  I think it's curious they're arguing out in the open, though.  Did you happen to hear them at all?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 94