Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119802 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #975 on: January 06, 2016, 12:08:08 am »

Take a look through the passages, do not enter any.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 06, 2016, 12:12:34 am »

Arwen groans, clutching his chest. "That... HURT."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 06, 2016, 12:14:06 am »

"...Good grief...Uh, Mirella?  Healing for Arwen is probably in order..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 06, 2016, 10:30:01 am »

Johanna pulled on a pair of thick gloves she had bought, for rooting through Kobold scat-she was looking for...well, anything, really. Maybe a hand written note explaining all the cults defense arrangements, or a dossier on their goals and organization! Perhaps the Kobolds might have actually filched something useful-no better place to hide a rose then among thorns.

Or, maybe just some clues that would mean nothing to anyone...but, someone with her particular set of skills. A badly drawn map would be really helpful, anyway.

Action: Explore the room (carefully) looking for any ahem 'enemy intelligence'. Time to use my investigation roll!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 06, 2016, 11:12:17 am »

With the battle complete, Mirella walked over to Arwen.  "Hold still, Arwen.  Adrik, please keep a weather eye on where the other kobolds fled to; it would be unfortunate if they struck at us again while we were still recovering."

Cure Wounds on Arwen, then check his ribs and other extra injuries from the crit

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 06, 2016, 12:09:02 pm »

Do as requested and keep an eye on the kobold.  With a weapon at the ready.
Sigtext

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 06, 2016, 02:35:20 pm »

Arwen hisses as she checks his ribs, pain coursing through his body. "Ngh! Careful, I think one of those rocks broke something..." He shakes his head, clearing it of the bloodlust of battle. "That... Was not my best plan. I can admit that. But jeez if this doesn't sting..."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 06, 2016, 06:14:30 pm »

Adrik:
The passage to the south is a rough stone staircase upwards, and, once its reached its peak, it descends again into darkness.
The kobolds seem to have fled into a small crevice, too small for any of the party to fit into.
The knocked out kobold doesn't move at all, simply lying on the floor, knocked out cold.

Johanna:
(Johanna's Investigation: 14+6)
Johanna finds 38 gold dragons, 7 five-pound silver tradebars, each minted with the mark of Baldur's Gate, and worth 10 gp each, 82 silver shards, and 704 copper nibs. The nibs were divided into eighty eight stacks of eight coins each. Dozens of dragon-themed talismans and amulets are carved from bone, soapstone, wood and ivory. The workmanship on most of them is terrible, but four have a unique, if savage, artistic flair. They should fetch a good price to a collector of artistic oddities.
No intelligence, though.

Mirella:
(Mirella's Cure Wounds: 3+4 HP recovered!)
Mirella intones the classic healing prayer of Selune, the first every clergy learns by heart;
"Thy Light to every sense impart,
and shed Thy Love in every heart;
Thine own unfailing might supply
to strengthen our infirmity.
"
Mirella's hand glows silver as she closes Arwen's wounds.

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Map.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 06, 2016, 06:52:14 pm »

"Kobolds are good at hiding treasure, apparently...we'll sort this all out later.

Anyway, let's get going, if Arwen is feeling a bit better?"

Action: I believe there's only one way forward? (aside from the Kobold Kill Tunnel) So let's go that way! When the rest of the party is ready to go, anyway.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 06, 2016, 06:54:43 pm »

"This might be the cultists' stores, too.  But yes, onwards, please."
Sigtext

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 06, 2016, 08:18:42 pm »

Arwen winces. The magic had not been as effective as before... Why was that? Hmmm...

"I'll live. Probably. I've got more in me, so I can keep going."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 07, 2016, 08:52:20 am »

Mirella nodded, slightly concerned as well. "As you say, but please be careful about attacking any more packs of kobolds alone.  I've a couple more spells, but the rest of us are here for a reason, and some of your injuries will only heal with rest."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 07, 2016, 11:22:15 am »

Arwen nods, and grips his sword tightly.

Arwen is ready.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 07, 2016, 12:28:08 pm »

Mirella is ready

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 07, 2016, 08:57:18 pm »

The path slopes up, and then down, rough, bloodstained, stone steps, underfoot.
This chamber has been enlarged and reshaped from its original form. The floor and three of the walls are smooth and stalactites and stalagmites have been polished into gleaming columns. Every surface glistens with moisture, and the air is warm and humid. The flat walls of the chamber are decorated with shallow abstract carvings of dragons. Dragons' tails coil into intricate patterns and knots that flow across the walls. The creature portrayed in the northwest corner stands out: a five-headed dragon, rising from an erupting volcano. Other dragons, which seem dwarfed by the five-headed monstrosity, flock to its side. A small, empty, wooden chest with silver and mother-of-pearl inlays sits overturned, like the refuse of a fit of rage, on the floor in the corner, in front of the monstrous dragon carving.
Arwen instantly recognizes this chamber; it's the one he killed Cyanwrath in. The corpses have been cleared, but the stench of battle and death still hangs in the air.

Two cultists were hanging around in the room, chatting. Once they see the party, they dive for their greataxes.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Johanna's turn!
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Map.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 94