Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119804 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #930 on: December 31, 2015, 03:03:43 am »

(Adrik's Animal Handling Check: 9+1)
They, grumpily, sit on their haunches, despite their seemingly never ending hunger. The jerky quickly dismisses their indignation.
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Map.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 31, 2015, 03:07:51 am »

"I don't think there's anything here except their food storage..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 31, 2015, 10:16:55 am »

"I think they're feeding more than just a half dozen lizard dogs in here.

I think we've nothing to lose by fouling the meat-cut down anything we're feeding the drakes, and I'll take care of the rest. Those other Buggers can eat their masters, instead."
She said, waving her hammer and sending a cloud of nasty poison toward the nearest carcass....or she would have, but thought better of it.

Am army of stinky Lizards was marching here, and had been promised food-lots of food. It would do no good to make them grumpy, as she and her friends would probably suffice if they did not hold up their end of the bargain.

Johanna thought a moment. She knew Kobolds averaged out to eat about a pound of food a day-though, like any Reptiles, they could get by with a big meal in a long while rather than eating every day-though, they would usually eat anything they could get, anytime. She tried to think back to how many Kobolds she had already seen and counted...adding in the half dozen lizarddogs, which probably ate five times as much based on weight...and how much it might cost to feed an actual Dragon, adolescent or adult...she began a series of mental gymnastics, if only to get her mind off the smell.

Action: Can I guess how many pounds of meat is in here? Can I guess how many creatures they might be feeding by how much they might eat?

Either way, make sure to ruin all the meat with my poison spray before we move on...

I CHANGE MY MIND
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:42:35 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 01, 2016, 06:29:42 pm »

(Johanna's Investigate Check: 6+6)
There's probably about two tons of meat here.
(Johanna's Investigate Check: 2+6)
With the changes in population this camp has seen, thanks to the party's actions the day before, it's impossible to judge what composition of humanoids, kobolds, dragons and drakes they were intending to feed.

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Map.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 01, 2016, 06:32:29 pm »

"Not a bad idea."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 01, 2016, 07:52:08 pm »

"Right... So, we ready to go take down the leader?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 01, 2016, 07:53:51 pm »

"As we'll ever be?"
Sigtext

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 01, 2016, 11:46:05 pm »

Mirella glances around at everyone, still caring for the drakes.  "Almost so.  I believe I have one more spell that may help us, but it won't last more than a minute, so I'll not cast it until we're in front of the entrance."

Contingent action: Right before we enter the Barracks, cast Bless (2nd) on all four characters (1 min duration/Concentration)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 01, 2016, 11:47:34 pm »

Ready Magic Missiles, I suppose.
Sigtext

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 02, 2016, 10:23:07 am »

Arwen grins and heads towards wherever the big boss is, or wherever they haven't yet looked. "This'll be fun."

Arwen readies his Blade and Magic Missile!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 02, 2016, 10:27:31 am »

Action: Johanna also readies her shield and resist energy spells in case of a sudden attack upon herself, since apparently we're doing that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 02, 2016, 11:39:34 am »

Johanna paused her spellcast before the burst of gas, scratching her scalp.

"...You know, in retrospect, I suppose we should leave the meat alone-we'll need it to bribe the Trogs into helping us. I almost forgot they were bringing an army here. They'll likely steal everything so the cult can't use it, and will probably be less likely to eat us afterwards."
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 02:50:03 pm by Dwarmin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 02, 2016, 02:22:59 pm »

"Not a bad idea..."
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 02, 2016, 04:22:07 pm »

"Not a bad idea..."

"Well, you're in an agreeable mood. How about you lead the group forward, and set off any traps in our way with your face?" Johanna said, in good humor.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 02, 2016, 04:23:33 pm »

"I'll pass, thanks."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 94