Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119835 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #840 on: December 14, 2015, 03:35:44 pm »

"No, but we should make sure it's not the lever to a barrel of explosives."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 14, 2015, 04:27:14 pm »

Arwen turns around, looking at both of the talkers, rather annoyed.

"Look Johanna. If I wanna touch the fucking spear, I'm going to touch the spear, and I'm more than capable of handling any trap it may spring, and you should know that by now. Beyond that, order me again and I'll toss you INTO the room ahead of us to trigger anything in there. Am I clear?"

The ex-guard did not take well to being ordered around.

Arwen goes back to taking the spear.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 14, 2015, 04:41:48 pm »

Johanna didn't bother to say anything, but it was clear she was very disappointed from the look on her face. She wondered if he was the same person he had been when they met...or if perhaps the real person was only coming out. Surely people changed...not always for the better. Still, to threaten a friend for trying to help you-was something that clashed with Johannas ideas of what friendship meant. She couldn't understand it, and hoped it was only the foul magic contamination that had affected him somehow.

What could you say? They had fought together. She had killed other men to keep Arwen safe. Watched them die to her fire and acid. The mere thought that perhaps, he hadn't been worth any of that was fairly chilling.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 14, 2015, 05:28:46 pm »

Adrik:
No knowledge of stonework is needed to see that the cave is natural, and has seen recent heavy foot traffic.
14AP is an edge of stone, jutting out, separating two caverns.
(Adrik's Investigation Check: 16+1)
The spear has a pitted blade, and isn't connected to any sort of trap. It should be safe to handle.

Johanna:
(Johanna's Investigation Check: 4+6)
The spear has a pitted blade, and isn't connected to any sort of trap. It should be safe to handle.

Arwen:
Arwen picks up the spear. Nothing happens.

Mirella:
On the edge of the light cast by Arwen's orb, Mirella peers over the ledge. The cave floor drops ten feet, and then another ten to what smells like a refuse pile. In the very bottom of the pit, Mirella can just make out a strange humanoid lizard, scraping at the cavern wall with a focused expression. Her shadow crosses its vision, so it looks up, and gives a cheery (for a lizard) smile and wave. It says something in a raspy, hissy language.

Arwen, Adrik and Johanna:
The trio, now relaxed from the tension of the danger of a discarded spear, lets their attention wander to the passage to the east. At the base of these steeply descending stairs, a curtain hangs across the passage. It is made from hundreds of heavy leather strips, each about the width of a human hand. The strips are fixed to the ceiling and are long enough to drag on the floor. The curtain extends from wall to wall. The leather comes from a variety of local animals and is badly cured. The curtain is several layers thick with no gaps, so you can't see through it at all.

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Map.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 14, 2015, 09:58:55 pm »

Arwen nods towards the curtain.

"Three gold says something important's behind there."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 14, 2015, 10:02:12 pm »

"Probably an ambush, too. Be ready."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 14, 2015, 10:08:42 pm »

Arwen nods.

"Ambushes are important. Should I go ahead and march in with my thunderous voice?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 14, 2015, 10:11:39 pm »

"Prepare to but don't waste it."
Adrik prepares a Ray of Frost.
Sigtext

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 14, 2015, 10:29:13 pm »

Arwen chuckles. "Can't exactly waste a Cantrip."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 14, 2015, 10:30:08 pm »

"Ach, my bad."
Sigtext

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 14, 2015, 10:32:06 pm »

"I didn't mention it before now, you couldn't have known. Mir, Jo, are you ready?"

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 14, 2015, 10:53:56 pm »

Mirella give a slight smile and a polite wave back to the kobold, then steps back slightly.  "I do apologize, but could I borrow one of you now that you've concluded your little tiff?  There seems to be a...lizard being down here, and I do not speak the tongue.  It does not look quite like a kobold, though it is rather dark."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 14, 2015, 10:59:49 pm »

Adrik follows Mirella.
"I know many languages.  It's worth a shot."
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 15, 2015, 02:12:13 am »

The creature isn't a kobold, that much is clear. It's much larger, about the size of a human. It smiles and waves at the newcomer. Adrik can make out three other of the same creatures in the darkness, who the original one beckons forth into the light. They peer up the cliff at the cleric and sorcerer, blinking at the sudden change in light level. The original one speaks again. "Ava'yorn! Wux re ti katimai di sililos? Wux thurirl? Wux tuor nymuer di Laogzed?"
Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Map.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 15, 2015, 05:59:56 am »

Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)
"They're friendly, and apparently they don't like cultists either.  Then they asked me if I wanted to hear about Laogzed? 

I asked them about Laogzed, and also who they are."

Roll my checks, I suppose.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 11:36:36 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 94