Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119875 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #780 on: December 07, 2015, 04:14:41 pm »

"Great.  Just great."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 07, 2015, 04:19:32 pm »

Mirella cocked her head to one side, briefly nonplussed.  "I apologize, but I believe you may have me confused with another person.  I am Mirella, a priestess of Selune, and my companions are on the ledge above.  Shall we return to them, rather than tarrying down here?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 07, 2015, 04:25:46 pm »

The halfling shakes his head sadly.
"Oh, Otto! You seem to have taken a blow to the head. Yes, let's go up to Fincher's Bluff. Old Man Piney lives up there; perhaps we can trouble him to let you rest and come back to your senses." He attempts to stand up, but his arms give out, and slip on the slightly slimy cave floor.
"Dear me! I seem to have been stung by a bunderschznat, and now I can't stand! You'll have to carry me, Otto."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 07, 2015, 04:30:13 pm »

Mirella glanced up at the others and shrugged.  Lifting up the halfling, she began to carry him up the steps to the others. 

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 07, 2015, 04:34:01 pm »

"She's probably been sniffing too many mushroom spores!They can really mess with your head..." Johanna comments, thinking back to her own 'experiments', which usually involved seeing all the Gods and the entire universe in a wooden cup of pease porridge.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 07, 2015, 04:35:26 pm »

Arwen can't help but chuckle at this development. This was hilarious. Annoying, but hilarious. "Well, seems we've found another paycheck. It's a shame we can't take him back now, and I can't think of any safe places to stash him... Mirella, will you watch him while we continue on? I have a feeling he'll be... Useful. If nothing else."

Arwen doesn't cast Fire Bolt, but moves along instead.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 07, 2015, 04:40:54 pm »

Mirella drops the halfling on the top of the steps, and he turns himself to face Adrik.
"Good morrow, Mr. Piney! My manservant has taken a blow to the head, and has forgotten who he is! And I've been stung by a bunderschznat! I was hoping that we could possibly trouble you to rest our heads and recover at your cottage before we return to Underbough Park. I'll make it worth your trouble. And introduce me to your lady friend," the halfling says, tipping an imaginary hat towards Johanna. "I didn't know you were courting again, you old rascal!"
Upon hearing Arwen, he turns his head sharply, and glares at the fighter. "YOU! Richard! I thought they locked you up after they finally caught you with my wife's necklace in your shack! Are you here to rob Mr. Piney too, you dirty scoundrel?"

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 07, 2015, 06:04:08 pm »

Arwen paused. This was happening now. Well... He gave a devilish grin. Might as well have fun with it.

"And as I told you before, it was given to me. For.... Services rendered to your wife~"
He grinned, shaking his head. "Nah, nothing like that. Mr. Piney here hired me for protection while we check out this cave. You're welcome to come along, if ya like. Just a quick venture downward then we'll be on our way~"

Arwen has activated "Mess with the pompous ass" mode.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 07, 2015, 06:53:58 pm »

"Very possibly.
This is Johanna.  We're business acquaintances, actually.
Ah.  The frumious bunderschznat.  Quite a terrible thing, that."

Adrik has affected a similarly posh accent and is racking his memory about anyone matching this description.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:03:00 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 07, 2015, 07:00:31 pm »

Johanna seemed a bit taken aback by the comment for some reason.

"Huh? But, um...I'm not...ah, never mind...

...Mirella, do you have anything to counter these spores, if that's what they are? To deal with poison or disease? I don't like the thought of bringing him with us, but we can't leave him here in this state. He'll probably go out and try to order the potential bandits to swing the traveling carriage around, and bring out his bags from the den."

"Ah, well, it's good to meet you too sir. Uh, Old man Piney said you need to drink some nice cold water-bunderschznat bites really dehydrate the body fluids, don't they? And how did you end up in this...'pickle'..anyway?"

Action: Ask some questions, and give her some water.

Btw, how is the mans health from what I can tell? Maybe he's just mad from thirst? Also, do I know a place called Underbough Park? Or the other places he has mentioned?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:27:53 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 07, 2015, 07:03:36 pm »

((The halfling is a guy halfling.))
Sigtext

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 07, 2015, 07:08:38 pm »

"I may, but I cannot be certain it will work on mental effects.  Do you believe it to be the spores?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 07, 2015, 07:09:51 pm »

"I'll see if it's magic, I guess?"
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 07, 2015, 07:27:08 pm »

"I may, but I cannot be certain it will work on mental effects.  Do you believe it to be the spores?"

"Spores, and being hung on a ceiling for days and days without food or drink or hope of rescue. He also might have been kidnapped from the villages. Maybe he lived through something terrible..."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 07, 2015, 07:49:33 pm »

The halfling glares at Arwen, and turns down his offer, "No, Otto and I need to rest. You all go on."

"Business, hmm? You were never subtle, Mr. Piney. Oh, yes, the bunderschznat is quite frumious, like you wouldn't believe. Picked me up and took me back to its lair, all the way from Underbough Park. I wouldn't have made it out without my dear Otto." The halfling affectionately pats Mirella's shoe.
(Adrik's Intelligence Check: 3+1)
Why, of course! This is the Lord Underbough, snatched from his mansion on the Greenfields. He's a direct descendant of Dharva Scatterheart, the halfling who built Greenest, and once fancied herself the queen of the Greenfields.

"Thank you very much, Miss Johanna." He takes a long drink from the dwarf's waterskin. He blinks a few times, and wrinkles his brow in confusion. He murmurs out a quiet "Please excuse m-" before collapsing in exhaustion.
(Johanna's Intelligence Check: 18+4)
Underbough is the halfling equivalent of the human "Smith", the dwarven "Stonewhatever", and the elven "Twinkle/Sparkle/Moonbeamwhatever". Johanna is pretty sure that he's just delusional, but there could be an "Underbough Park" somewhere in the realms, and it wouldn't exactly be a surprise. The likelihood that this man came from it is low.
(Johanna's Medicine Check: 8+3)
This is a clear case of exhaustion. Food, water and rest will do him well.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 94