Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119888 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Interlude
« Reply #660 on: November 17, 2015, 04:37:57 pm »

"Thank you, but I didn't make them.  I purchased them from the herbalist in town.  None of you owe me anything for these.  After all, we are working together, are we not?"  She paused for a moment as though remembering, then pulled out the list, showing it to the others.  "Oh, yes, that reminds me.  She did ask if we could find any of these ingredients if we happen to be out.  It is not especially urgent, but if we happen to see any, it may be nice to bring them back."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 17, 2015, 04:46:11 pm »

"Maybe I could study it, as well, although I doubt that I'd get anything out of it."

"Bah, you just have to practice it a bit, don't ya? Sorcerers learn by doing-Wizards learn by study. Sorcerers know the secrets to all sorts of powers, but can master only a bit of that energy. Wizards can master everything eventually, but they start out not knowing nearly anything-they have to earn it, piece by piece, through hard work..."

"Thank you, but I didn't make them.  I purchased them from the herbalist in town.  None of you owe me anything for these.  After all, we are working together, are we not?"  She paused for a moment as though remembering, then pulled out the list, showing it to the others.  "Oh, yes, that reminds me.  She did ask if we could find any of these ingredients if we happen to be out.  It is not especially urgent, but if we happen to see any, it may be nice to bring them back."

"...Horned Slugs. Those little buggers were always sneaking into my Blushrose bushes..." Johanna comments, studying the list.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 17, 2015, 04:47:35 pm »

"Yeah, but learning to do more would be a good thing.  More versatility is always better in combat.  And you all seem to have more things you all know how to do."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 17, 2015, 05:29:32 pm »

"Versatility at the cost of specialization, sure."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 17, 2015, 05:48:28 pm »

"Well, actually, you specialize more than I do, I bet."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #665 on: November 17, 2015, 06:47:03 pm »

The party leaves a little before noon, and heads out once more onto the the trail to the camp. However, when they arrive, they find it abandoned. The stinking huts of the kobolds have been burnt, but the cultist's huts and guard towers remain. A few people carrying bows meander around the camp, some carrying rabbits and pheasants looking rather disinterested in maintaining the camp, keeping watch or doing much else besides lazing around.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 17, 2015, 06:49:43 pm »

((Are these CULTIST people or NORMAL people?))
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 17, 2015, 06:52:29 pm »

They are not wearing the black robes characteristic of the cultists. Their clothes are a mix of dirty browns and greens.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 17, 2015, 06:53:33 pm »

Arwen curses. The cultists must have left. He looks towards the people and then looks to his companions. "Should we announce ourselves?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 17, 2015, 06:57:36 pm »

"Let's just keep walking."
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 17, 2015, 07:29:15 pm »

"They're probably a bunch of bleeding bandits. We want to leave them to terrorize the countryside? Greenest isn't in much shape to defend herself, being as so many of her defenders were recently killed."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 17, 2015, 07:31:55 pm »

"In, not on.  Be ready, but certainly don't assume they're after us."
Sigtext

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 17, 2015, 08:49:17 pm »

Arwen nods, agreeing with Johanna. "They also might know where the cultists went. It's at least worth asking."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 17, 2015, 09:06:01 pm »

"Aye.  Who's ta intr'duce us?"
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 18, 2015, 10:11:46 am »

"I usually do the talking for the group...but you seem more charismatic than me, Mr. Adrik. Why don't you give it a shot?"

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 94