Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119908 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Interlude
« Reply #645 on: November 16, 2015, 07:53:58 pm »

Gather them, then.  Who knows what they're good for, but they're definitely good for something.
If nothing else, as souvenirs.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:01:29 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 16, 2015, 08:00:37 pm »

Mirella pays for the potions and accepts the list.  Looking it over, she considers it for a moment.  "I am afraid I cannot promise that I will return with everything on the list, but I will certainly watch for anything on this list and if possible, return with what we can find."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 17, 2015, 03:47:51 am »

Adrik:
Adrik collects a good six scales in total.

Mirella:
"Well, whatever you can find is appreciated! The more you find, the more powerful potions I can mix up for you."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 17, 2015, 05:49:28 am »

Store them safely.
Then, keep wandering until it's time to regroup unless there's something else interesting.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 17, 2015, 09:44:07 am »

Action: Johanna makes sure to purchase a spare axe from the smith...angle for a good bargain, at least try not to be cheated.

"Even a Wizard has to chop wood now and again. Or Orcs. I don't need it to be fancy-but, If the blade flies off in the middle of battle, though, I'm coming back and turning that apprentice of yours into a toad."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 17, 2015, 10:20:48 am »

And also...

Later, Johanna spoke to Mirella about something on her mind...

"I can't make any sense of these scrolls, Mirella! It's infuriating-like someone made a magical spells that work fine, but shouldn't...in other words, it might be the power of Religion. Or maybe I'm just too dumb to figure it out.

They might be more expertise. At the very least, you could use them yourself, whereas I probably can't-maybe once you've...I dunno, cleansed them or something. Dedicated the magic to Selune?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 17, 2015, 11:05:01 am »

"Ah?  It could indeed be divine rather than arcane in nature.  I would be rather surprised to find an arcane scroll too complex for you to even identify, given how talented you've shown yourself thus far in your field of expertise.

"I shall certainly take a look at them, if you think it would help."

Examine the scrolls from Johanna

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 17, 2015, 11:24:27 am »

"Good, good! ...see here's this one...is that a five headed dragon-Goddess breathing fire at the Heavens, trying to bring them down? Or, just a divine tomato sauce stain..." She said, whipping out the odd scrolls. "Also, I can't tell if this little person kneeling in the middle is a man or a woman. Or even a person-they got too many parts on the wrong places. Is he praying, or is she making a cake? And what's up with the little cheese wheels with the numbers everywhere? Do those mean something?!" Johanna commented. To her, it was just a chaotic mess written by an unsteady (probably drunk) hand-she hoped Mirella was more learned in Religious study, and could probably make out some sort of pattern.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 11:35:20 am by Dwarmin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 17, 2015, 11:57:21 am »

Adrik, hearing a discussion about languages, walks over.
"May I take a look as well?"
Adrik, too, examines the scrolls.
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 17, 2015, 12:22:44 pm »

Johanna handed a scroll to Adrik.

"Here, you take the one that looks like a cloud of angry butterflies with brooms and candles, are fighting a giant cheese grater with two monkey heads..."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 17, 2015, 03:31:12 pm »

Johanna:
(Intimidation: 16)
The smith glares at Johanna, trying to discern whether or not she's bluffing about the toad bit. "Four gold for a Handaxe, and eight for a battleaxe."

Mirella and Adrik:
Together, the cleric and sorcerer discern the meaning of the scrolls. One is a scroll of Resistance, another is of Bane, and the third and only other readable scroll is of Earthbind.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 17, 2015, 03:41:13 pm »

"I'll take one of each." Johanna says, rubbing her chin.

Johanna nodded.

"Right, that makes perfect sense. The kneeling thing depicts an Earthbinding spell...it's a bit wonky...but, I can rework the basic framework into a proper spell for my book. Thanks for your help, friends."

Action: Acquire the Earthbind scroll! Also, ready to go.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 17, 2015, 04:13:22 pm »

Mirella looked at the sorcerer as Johanna descended upon the Earthbind scroll.  "You can take what you need.  Don't worry about me."

Whenever the group first gets back together (probably at some point between the smith negotiations and the above):
Mirella paused as the others arrived.  "Everyone, I picked up a few potions in case we run into any trouble.  I want you all to have these in the event we should split up again, or if some other circumstance precludes me from using my magic."

Give two healing potions each to the other three

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 17, 2015, 04:22:59 pm »

Mirella looked at the sorcerer as Johanna descended upon the Earthbind scroll.  "You can take what you need.  Don't worry about me."

"I worry about ya all the time, but in this case neither of you can use this scroll-Sorcerers don't need to write things down, and Clerics couldn't learn this unless they were a sort of Earth domain, I suppose. Adrik could use it just once, yes, but I can copy the spell down for myself-and, then we'll have it as part of my arsenal for good...I'm not just snatching it for purely selfish reasons...only partly!"

"Everyone, I picked up a few potions in case we run into any trouble.  I want you all to have these in the event we should split up again, or if some other circumstance precludes me from using my magic."

Give two healing potions each to the other three

Johanna held up the potion to the light, as if inspecting them for impurities.

"Useful enough. Thank you kindly! Anyway, how much do I owe ya? I'm not asking for nothing-you must have incurred some costs to make them, and I'll gladly make a donation to Selune, as it were."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 17, 2015, 04:26:28 pm »

"Maybe I could study it, as well, although I doubt that I'd get anything out of it."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 94