Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119990 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 2: Raiders' Camp
« Reply #495 on: November 04, 2015, 10:51:31 am »

Her piece said, Mirella launched another burst of divine power at the creature, trying to drive away the shadows once and for all. 

Fire another Guiding Bolt cast as a second-level spell

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 04, 2015, 08:33:05 pm »

Arwen and Johanna:
The pair hide in the brush overlooking the area where Arwen freed Leosin, the monk. A raven-haired woman in purple robes with a golden trim is raging, lashing out randomly with an impressive looking halberd at the mercenaries surrounding her. They've clearly given up on trying to calm her down, and now are just trying to get out of the way. There are almost no cultists left, besides a few a few Black Wings.

Mirella:
(Mirella's Spell Attack: 10+5, Success! 1+1+5+4+3 (13) damage!)
Mirella's second blast floods the rest of the black smoke with silvery moonlight made solid, and the cultist vanishes in a skyward flash. With a clatter, their remains collapse in a pile of mangled bones, claws and scales. And like that, Mirella is alone in the tent, except for the prisoner.

Spoiler: Mirella's status (click to show/hide)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 04, 2015, 08:48:59 pm »

Arwen watches the spectacle with interest, chuckling a bit. "So what do you think we should do? I'm not exactly in a condition to do too much fighting."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 04, 2015, 08:50:02 pm »

Mirella sagged slightly, leaning on her quarterstaff.  Whatever spell was behind that shadowy blow, it had drained her more than she had let on.  She walked over to the prisoner, loosing the binds and gently laying him down on the ground.  Then, she set about the task of waking him up, hoping the cultists hadn't used powerful drugs or magic to compel too deep a slumber. 

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 05, 2015, 03:00:19 am »

Mirella:
(Medicine: 20+3, CRITICAL SUCCESS!)
Mirella's healer kit contains a small elixir, made from ground beans grown on trees in southern lands. It's known for being a stimulant, and great for waking people up. Mirella pours some into the prisoner's mouth, and holds their nose to make them swallow. After a moment, the man wakes with a start, panting. Seeing Mirella, dressed in the robes of a Black Wing, he screams and tries to scramble away, but his arms give way. He lies on the stage, cowering from Mirella in a fetal position.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 05, 2015, 08:50:32 am »

Mirella's eyes widened slightly at his reaction, then she remembered her robes.  Quickly, she lowered the hood to reveal her face and pulled her necklace out to show the full moon plainly.  "Shhh, don't worry, don't worry.  I'm not actually working with these cultists.  I'm Mirella, a priestess of Selūne."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 05, 2015, 09:56:05 am »

Arwen watches the spectacle with interest, chuckling a bit. "So what do you think we should do? I'm not exactly in a condition to do too much fighting."

"Let's go get Mirella before we jump into any more fights. We've done good so far, but we're still outnumbered...even if they managed to kill most of themselves."

Action: Back to Mirella!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 05, 2015, 10:31:06 am »

"I'll wait here, in case she goes somewhere else. Please hurry." He wishes her luck as she goes to find Mirella.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 05, 2015, 03:15:10 pm »

Mirella:
(Persuasion check with Advantage: 1, 19+3!)
The sacrifice begins to break down, crying tears of joy. It takes few moments for him to calm down.
"Thank you! Thank you so much! I was... They were going to kill me! Oh gods... Praise Selune! I'll never forget to pray to Her again! Thank you again! Thank you a thousand times, Mirella! You're a saint!"

Johanna:
Johanna pokes around the Black Wing camp, and, after searching through the smaller tents and checking the dead bodies lying around the camp, enters the largest tent. Inside she finds Mirella on a makeshift stage, with a large pole coming from the center. The cleric is leaning over a crying man, who is thanking Mirella profusely. There's a dead cultist who tumbled off the stage, and a pile of bones off in another corner of the stage. Neither Mirella nor the prisoner has noticed Johanna.

Arwen:
Abruptly, the woman stops raging, and tries to regain her composure. She looks around at the remainder of her men, and bellows a single command, "FIND HIM!" With that, she turns and stalks off to the command tent.
The cultists and mercenaries jump into action, fanning out around the camp, picking it over carefully in the last dredges of sunlight. The sky is a quickly-fading purple, with blackness swooping in like a bird of prey. Arwen's scabbing wound from yesterday's battle with Cyanwrath aches slightly.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 05, 2015, 03:20:23 pm »

Johanna coughed loudly.

"Heyo! Looks like you've been busy Mirella! Ya got a new friend there? I rescued a dozen prisoners me'self..." She said, trying not to sound too arrogant.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 05, 2015, 03:24:14 pm »

Johanna:
(Charisma Check, Opposed by Mirella's Insight: 13+0 vs. 7+5)
Johanna is able to mask her arrogance, mostly because Mirella is distracted. Still, that's another success!

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 05, 2015, 03:26:56 pm »

Arwen weighs his options. Sneak up on her and talk to her, or investigate the other tents and perhaps heal? He absently brushed a finger along the wound, glad that he'd settled his business. But most importantly... Who were they looking for? He motioned for Rex to follow him, and for the monks to remain in hiding. "If I get dragged away, I want someone to be able to tell the others where we went."

With that, he went into the tent, grinning. "Heard you were looking for someone?"

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 05, 2015, 03:37:50 pm »

Mirella smiled as she heard Johanna's voice behind her.  "Somewhat, but all is well now that their ritual has been stopped."  She said, utterly oblivious to any pride, then paused briefly in her words to help the man to his feet, offering her shoulder should he have need of it.  "Where are the prisoners you rescued?  Have you taken them to a safe area yet?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 05, 2015, 03:52:50 pm »

Arwen:
The woman is stewing on a stool, looking over some maps when Arwen barges in, Rex stomping along behind him. She looks up with a start at the intruder, and then returns to her maps.
"Unless you've found the half-elf, get the fuck back to work, merc, before I disembowel you."

Mirella:
The man can barely support his own weight, so she ends up basically carrying him. Whatever they did to him, it's going to leave a serious mark.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 05, 2015, 03:56:09 pm »

"The Monk, right?" He grins, giving Rex a pat on the head. "That's what I came to tell you about. It seems some adventurer set him free, and we're having trouble locating him." Not technically a lie. He was an adventurer, and they WERE having trouble finding him, the complete morons.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 94