Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119998 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 2: Raiders' Camp
« Reply #480 on: October 28, 2015, 09:42:29 am »

Mirella moved to interpose herself between the figure and the person who was to be the sacrifice, quarterstaff at the ready. 

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 29, 2015, 05:19:19 pm »

Johanna:
(Strength Check with Advantage: 2, 10+1)
The acid sizzles nicely against the wood, and Johanna aims her swing at the somewhat weakened strut. It hits squarely, but the strut won't give way. In addition, this swing shook the entire tower, and got the kobolds' attention.
In their high pitched, reptilian voice, one leans over the side, and shouts down to Johanna in a mix of surprise, fear and anger, "HEY! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

Mirella:
The smoke rising, forming into a vaguely humanoid form, with flashes of claws, skin, bones and scales within the smog. Two bright acid-green eyes glare with fury at Mirellla and the creature swoops forward to attack.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Mirella's turn.
Spoiler: Mirella's status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 29, 2015, 05:25:13 pm »

"I was getting your attention! Don't you know we have a battle to win? Get down from there and head into the fray!"

Hey, it couldn't hurt.

Action: Try to bluff them out of their tower and into battle.

If it dose not work, smash, smash, smash away!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 29, 2015, 05:30:31 pm »

Johanna:
(Opposed Bluff check: 17+1 vs. 14, Success!)
"You coulda just shouted! <Stupid pink meat>... Watch the tower while we're gone!"
The kobolds climb on down, and join the fray, leaving nothing in the way of freedom.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 29, 2015, 05:35:00 pm »

"So... Wanna break out all the prisoners?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 29, 2015, 05:48:19 pm »

"...didn't expect that to work..."

She headed back to the prisoners.

"Alright, no ones watching, above or below. Let's get to work...

...I suspect you all will not want to linger around much longer, and in truth, neither do I-but, I have to collect all my friends. Then we'll all get out of here. One of my friends is a Cleric who will see to your wounds, assuming we all get out of this mess. It's about a half days walk back that way to Greenest, and if you all want to set out I can understand that. I'd advise you to stay put, but in all honestly I might not BE back. So if I'm not back when the day turns, just head out.

It goes without saying, keep your heads down. The Cultists have worse problems than you, but...well, arm yourselves and do what you have to do. If it's me coming back, I'll be waving my hammer all lit up, see? So don't pincushion me or my friends if you see that.

"

Action: Go and free the prisoners! Let them collect some weapons, and maybe food or water if it is available, then lead them out of the camp, to what I hope is a safe distance and a nice place they can stay out of the way and out of danger. Tell them to stay put until I return, or until  midnight, at which point give them the directions back to greenest in case I don't return...it's also possible this action combos with Arwens in a timey wimey fashion...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 29, 2015, 06:36:03 pm »

"Oh, so are you Tiamet's pet?  What did you do to the cultist?"  She swung around with the staff, trying to see if the creature would be affected at all by a physical blow.

Attack the smoke creature with two-handed quarterstaff

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 30, 2015, 03:50:28 am »

Arwen:
"Let's go."
(Deception: 4+1)
Arwen can't convince any of the casters to heal him, but mostly because they're too busy with the melee.
As Arwen and Co. approach the entrance of the camp, they see Johanna leading a group of prisoners out, and flags her down.

Johanna:
"Yes, ma'am! Bless your soul! God speed!"
(Investigate: 15+5)
Johanna and the prisoners manage to a collect a full suite of weapons, cultist robes, food and water from the abandoned campsites. The group is about to set out, when Johanna spots Arwen limping towards her, with his drake, the monk's apprentice, and a new figure, being supported between Arwen and the monkling.

Arwen and Johanna:
Johanna gets Arwen up to speed on the plan, and the two lead the group out of the camp.
(Arwen's Survival: 18+0) (Johanna's Survival: 5+3)
Arwen leads the prisoners into a gulley, hidden between two hills, a few minutes north of the camp. It's well hidden, and everyone should be safe. One of the prisoners, a half-elf, limps up to Johanna and Arwen.
"Thank you again, Arwen. And thank you, Dwarf. I am Leosin Erlanthar. Are you his," the half-elf coughs, gesturing at Arwen, "companion; the cleric?"

Mirella:
At Mirella's words, the smoke creature hisses in rage, with a voice that sounds like simmering acid. "You did thisss to me! I wasss going to be perfect, in Her image, and you ruined me! I'll kill you! I'll feassst on your sssoul, blasssphemer!"
(Mirella's melee attack: 3+5, Failure!)
Mirella's swing passes harmlessly through the smoke, and her stomach drops. How can you fight a creature that you can't hurt?
(Smoke creature's spell attack: 22, Success! 9 damage!) (Mirella's Constitution save: 10+3, Success!)
The cultist/creature doesn't have the same difficulty attacking their foe, and lashes out, grabbing the cleric's face with its semi-corporeal hand. Mirella can feel her vitality dissipating with the touch of the cultist.
It is Mirella's turn.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 30, 2015, 08:32:00 am »

"Nay. I'm more of the opposite of a Cleric...anyway, let's go get our Mirella and hie for the hills. And that Elf guy, whatever his name was."

Action: But, let's go get Mirella first. I'm sure I saw her being dragged to the Black Wing tent.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 30, 2015, 10:50:18 am »

"Probably a good plan. Especially since Mirella's our healer."

Action: TO THE RESCUE!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 30, 2015, 10:56:45 am »

"You did this to yourself.  Selūne, not Tiamat, will judge me for my actions today, and I won't be found wanting."

Throw a Guiding Bolt (second level spell) inna face

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 30, 2015, 10:57:04 am »

"Anyway, what have you got done, Arwen? I admit, I went along with your distraction and got all of the fools to fight one another...I even managed to send some Kobolds out of the camp to spread dissent among the ranks in other parts of the cult, as it were. Be on the lookout for someone called 'Frulam Mondath', by and by. She's apparently a high ranking leader in the Black Wing sect...I'd like to get more information on this cult before we leave. I wonder if we could capture someone high ranking and take them back with us...that'd be a good end to a proper job...

Speaking of which, they'll probably think it's odd if a Red and Blue cultist decided to stop fighting, and be friends. Let's get to the same destination, but different routes, ey?"

Extended Action: Make sure me and Arwen don't enter skipping side by side. Might ruin the surprise...still going to the same place, though.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 04, 2015, 04:09:14 am »

Johanna and Arwen:
The human and the dwarf slip back into the camp, unnoticed, since the fighting is over. The valley is a scene of carnage, dozens of the dead are strewn everywhere. A few of the wounded are propped up, as if someone was caring for them, and then left in a hurry. From the rear of the camp, a woman bellows in frustration. Her roar is loud enough to shake the birds, who were just settling back into the trees, into the air again.

Mirella:
(Mirella's Spell Attack: 14+5, Success! 4+3+1+1+4 (13) damage!)
Mirella's bolt of light is a direct hit to the creature's 'face' area, and the divine radiance stirs into inky black smoke, like milk into the blackest of coffees. The cultist's resolve seems shaken by this turn of events, and hisses as they attack.
(Cultist's Spell Attack: 6, Failure!)
It's shakiness is clear, as it swipes at Mirella, who ducks underneath the smoggy tendril, easily avoiding it.

It is Mirella's turn.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 04, 2015, 07:54:11 am »

".... Who was THAT?" Arwen grins, making his way towards the sound. Whoever it was might make for a good ally... The deaths did disturb him, but now was not the time to dwell on such things. He did what he did now to prevent more meaningless deaths.

Arwen moves towards the roaring woman!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 04, 2015, 10:11:26 am »

Johanna could only imagine someone was having a bad day, which was in most ways her fault. She wasn't exactly sure which side they were on, so prudence would rule the day...

Action: Johanna tries to sneak up on the figure without alerting her

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 94