Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 120003 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 2: Raiders' Camp
« Reply #465 on: October 12, 2015, 08:06:30 pm »

Arwen:
(Investigate: 4+2)
There's nothing to be found on them, though Cyanwrath does have a nice set of splint armor, but it's way to big for Arwen to wear.
Well, there is that chest in the corner...

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 12, 2015, 08:09:55 pm »

Arwen immediately loots the chest. Maybe his party members will find something on the bodies that he missed.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 12, 2015, 08:37:25 pm »

Arwen:
(Strength check: 12+4)
Arwen easily forces open the chest, hearing two snapping sounds, one from the lock on the chest, and one from below the chest itself. It is quickly followed by a hissing sound like dozens of angry snakes- or like liquid moving through open tubes. A moment later, liquid sprays out from dozens of tiny holes in the walls and ceiling. Wherever it splashes onto the floor, the moustier on the stone bubbles and smokes. Within moments, the chamber is filled with acidic mist.
(Dexterity save: 15+1, Success! Half damage: (4/2=) 2 damage!)
Arwen dives out of the room, but not before taking a breathful of acid by mistake.
(Constitution save: 11+2, Success! No damage!)
After a few moments, the mist settles, and Arwen is free to approach the chest again. Inside, he finds a few seemingly random items, including a dozen scrolls, some inscribed with arcane symbols, a globe made of sea-glass, a pouch with a few small clay wafers, and some jewelry; a string of pearls, a gold-and-sapphire ring, and a pouch containing half a dozen cut and polished precious stones.

Spoiler: Arwen's Status (click to show/hide)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 12, 2015, 09:01:14 pm »

Arwen looks over the spoils, nodding. most of this was probably magic. And since Cyanwrath TRAPPED it, it was probably valuable. He'd split it with everyone else later, but for now, he took first dibs by slipping the ring on and heading out. Hopefully one of the saved hostages was a Cleric.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 12, 2015, 09:19:29 pm »

Mirella acknowledged the order.  "I understand."  Stepping back, she palmed her mirror from a pouch, the material component she needed.  Softly, she murmured under her breath, "And I'm sorry I couldn't persuade you to leave without violence."  She began murmuring the first spell, a protective spell that the other cleric would likely take as her taking his words to heart.  The target, on the other hand...

Surprise round: Cast Sanctuary on the "sacrifice."  Attack the standing cleric with the quarterstaff, dual-wielded.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 13, 2015, 08:38:46 am »

Johanna decided now was as good a time as any to get the prisoners free...but, she was sure the Kobolds were lookouts and had someway to way to warn the camp of intruders...or prisoners escaping. Nothing could perhaps unite the squabbling cultists right now except an external threat. She had to distract them!

Action: Question, could I maybe set the tower on fire without the Kobolds noticing?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 16, 2015, 04:15:58 am »

Arwen:
Arwen slips the ring onto his right hand's ring finger, and... nothing happens. Curious. He expected some sensation, some rush of power, but there was nothing. It deserved further investigation, but there were more pressing matters.
Rex and the monkling had succeed, cutting their way through the kobolds without mercy. The rest of the cave's inhabitants deliberately ignored them and Arwen, not wanting to have anything to do with whatever went down, and so Arwen limps out into the dusky light once more. Rex and the Monkling are relatively nearby, standing by a cross in the shape of an X, with a figure slumping in chains.

Mirella:
With a flash of light, the prisoner is shielded and Mirella flies into battle, staff raised above her head.
(Mirella's Melee Attack: 19+5, Success! 3+3 damage!)
One of the ends of Mirella's staff is tipped with a heavy iron cap, and she uses this to bash the ritual leader in the leg, forcing it to bend in a way that legs really shouldn't bend with a crack.
(Ritual Master's Melee Spell Attack: ... Failure!)
The ritual leader traces his finger through the air, gathering what little smoke remains floating free in the air, and drives the small could straight at Mirella, but she knocks it aside with her staff.

Meanwhile, the cultist who was being enveloped in the cloud is now on the floor, moaning and writhing, as the cloud, its flow of new smoke ceased, begins to thicken, blocking observation of what is happening beneath the layer of smog.

Spoiler: Mirella's status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 16, 2015, 11:25:56 am »

Arwen moves over to them, bringing his sword up above his shoulder... and attacks the chains holding the figure!

"This him?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 16, 2015, 01:14:52 pm »

Johanna:
The tower is made from rather green wood, which probably wont burn well, but it shouldn't be too hard to weaken one of the struts, and bring the tower down.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 18, 2015, 12:36:10 pm »

Johanna figured it wouldn't be too hard to get under the tower without being seen...the Kobolds probably had a lot more interesting things to watch than her.

Action: Commence tower sabotage!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 18, 2015, 05:57:12 pm »

Mirella started to reach for the other cultist to drag him out of the smog, but couldn't quite manage it as an attack from the leader narrowly missed her.  She swung again at the ritual leader, hoping to knock him out in a single hit.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 21, 2015, 05:52:45 pm »

Arwen:
The figure is a lithe half-elf, dressed in a ragged blue and white tunic. The monkling only nods in response to Arwen's question. The chains are weak, and snap easily under good steel. The monk collapses into the arms on his apprentice, clearly weakened by the ordeal of his imprisonment.
"And who's this, Nesim," the half-elf coughs weakly in question.
"This is Arwen, master. He's an adventurer, and helped save Greenest from the cult!"
"Ah, good man. What's the plan to get out of here?"

Johanna:
(Strength Check: 3+1)
Johanna swings at the supports with her hammer weakly, and fails to damage the struts in the slightest.
Luckily, her swings are so weak that the kobolds don't notice anything.

Mirella:
(Mirella's Melee Attack: 8+5, Success! 7+3 damage!)
Mirella swings upward to hit the ritual leader in the chin, putting them on their back. Mirella pokes him with her staff, and with no reaction, she figures he's not getting back up.
The moaning from the cloud begins to die down, and the smog begins to rise up, as if the figure inside it was standing up.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 21, 2015, 07:02:29 pm »

"In all likelihood? Have the cultists wage war against each other, free the prisoners, set the place ablaze and leave. I've already had my revenge on Cyanwrath, and if you have the ability to heal, I should be able to take out anything else we come across. If not, your pupil and Rex here will have to guard us as we find my companions. I took quite the beating, I'm afraid." He laughs lightly, giving the Drake a pat on the head. It was a good companion.

"However, I am open to suggestions."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 28, 2015, 03:14:09 am »

Arwen:
The monk blinks, surprised. "You've certainly got it under control. I'm sorry, but I'm going to be of no help; I'm no healer, and I can barely walk on my own. Name's Leosin Erlanthar. Now, they'll notice I'm gone soon. We need to move."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 28, 2015, 08:31:59 am »

Action: Use acid splash to weaken a strut, then knock it out!

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 94