Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119820 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 1: Greenest in Flames.
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2015, 02:05:58 pm »

Johanna seems a bit nervous at the idea offered by Greenpea.

"...They're obviously not afraid of anything in this village, Mirella...or it's a trap of some sort. It could be an illusion spell, like what I did earlier, with someone waiting to attack us.

Greenpeas plan is the fastest way, though, to get past them. If she says she can do it, I trust her."

Action: So, we're going with the distraction plan, then?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2015, 02:38:17 pm »

Johanna was concerned about her - it showed on her face, in her body language. It was kind of touching, she'd feel for someone she'd barely met. Sweetpea offered her a small smile of assurance, stifling a cough that would ruin the illusion.

"I'll nab 'em from the right. Skirt around the left, be careful, be quick."

She kissed the dragon fang for luck.

"Luck!" she chirped and headed off.

Stealth round the right of the enemies and arrow 'em, aiming for the humans.
Burn an inspiration to get a second round of sneak attack against the other human.
Then once they get reasonably close, leg it until I lose them.
Stealth then head for the keep.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:13:03 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2015, 02:43:09 pm »

Johanna nodded as the Elf vanished. She hoped her new team mate was as quick as as she claimed.

"Well, let's not waste the chance she's giving us..." The Dwarf wizard said, counting down in her head.

She wasn't much of a praying Dwarf, but she also sent up one a silent one to Lathander.

Morninglord. With my eyes, I see your sunrise...
With my hands, I sense your warmth...
With my heart, I feel your love...
This I beg thee, oh Morninglord-keep my new friend safe. She walks in darknesss, but serves the light, so dim thine holy glow that she make walk unseen, amongst the shadows of death.
Amen...'

It wasn't much as prayers went, but it couldn't hurt.

Action: As soon as they are distracted, we're off to the keep!

Also, if I was the only one who got an inspiration point, btw, I give it to Sweetpea. If she already has one, give mine to her if she expends her own in the course of her escape back to the keep.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:02:34 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2015, 01:14:23 am »

Sweetpea pops out from behind a house, taking pot shots at the arguing group (Attack Rolls at advantage: 12/12+6, 19/17+6, Two Successes. Damage rolls: 2+5+4, 4+3+4). One human gets nailed in the chest, and when the other turns to look, receives an arrow to the stomach for his trouble. The kobolds let out a cackle, quickly followed by a battle cry, as they swarm towards Sweetpea. (Stealth: 13+8) She quickly looses them, and slips towards the gates.
The rest of the party, seeing this, continues forward until they are within 50 feet of the keep doors, which are being cracked open for them to pass through.
This is about the time that they see a different group of kobolds and blue cloaked humans dashing towards them, weapons drawn, intent on getting inside the keep, and wrecking havoc. It'll be unlikely that the guards can close the gate in time to let you and the family in, while still keeping the raiders out. You tell the family to run to the gate, draw your own weapons and prepare to do battle.
The party is 50 feet from the gate. The enemy, a human and three kobolds, is 30 feet from the party. Sweetpea is 30 feet southeast from the party, and ~80 feet from the enemy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is Mirella's turn.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2015, 09:47:32 am »

"Shoot and move! There will be more where those came from-We must get to the keep or we'll be overwhelmed!" Johanna said.

She was more worried the Dragon might get curious and see what the commotion at the front gate was.

As her partners moved to fight, Johanna began an incantation-she fumbled a few syllables (It was 'Nol-Fien-Othi-KAL-am', not 'Nol-Fien-Othi-LAL-am'), but recovered quickly-she sensed she could get out a spell before the enemies acted, if only thus.

She aimed for the Human-the Kobolds were probably (maybe) innately evil, but she knew he had chosen to be here, and thus he was much more guilty than they...

Action: Fire bolt on the Human!

If he's dead, fire bolt on the closest kobold.

Afterwards, move 25 feet toward the gate.

Spell Attack: +5
Damage: 1d10 Fire

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2015, 11:37:41 am »

Sweetpea had slipped away from the scampering scaled ones with ease, leaving the cultists - she assumed, anyway - dead or dying. It wasn't the first time she'd killed someone. Not everyone she'd killed had deserved it as much as the cultists either.

She'd deal with the bad dreams she'd have later.

Move to join the party
Snipe the human.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2015, 01:31:45 pm »

Arwen's grip on his blade tightens as he surges forward, blade gleaming as it arcs towards one of the kobolds!

Arwen introduces his blade to the Kobold's soft, squishy neck!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2015, 08:02:20 pm »

Mirella closes the distance, and swings at a kobold (Attack roll: 5+5, failure), but they duck underneath the swing.
Sweetpea, moving to stand with the party, fires at the human, (Attack roll: 1+6) but it goes wild.
Mr. Kobold, meet Mr. Arwen's sword. (Attack roll: 17+7) Mr. Kobold tries to avoid Mr. Arwen, but Mr. Arwen insists, for 12 damage. Mr. Kobold can't stand the overwhelming force of Mr. Arwen's swor-personality, and takes a very long nap.
Johanna hurls a mote of fire towards the human, (Attack roll: 17+5) hitting them square in the face, (Damage: 5) leaving a nasty burn.

The remaining two kobolds attack Arwen and Mirella, (Attack rolls: ... Failure and Failure) but the pair are too heavily armored. The human strikes at Arwen, (Attack roll: ... Success!) ripping a gash in his chainmail, (Damage: 2) but luckily only draws a little blood.

There are two kobolds and a human still up. Mirella and Arwen are engaged with them, while Sweetpea and Johanna are staying back.
It is Mirella's turn.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2015, 09:32:52 am »

((Culise has been gone for a few days, still. Need to auto her. Unfortunately. :( ))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2015, 10:30:45 am »

((kk))

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2015, 11:36:17 am »

Mirella heals Arwen with Cure Wounds.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:23:40 pm by Culise »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2015, 01:04:52 pm »

((Don't we have an OOC? ))

Sweatpea's chest twinged as she released the arrow. Her flinch sent it sailing off course, bouncing off the ground. She wheezed for a second, hunching over, before grittign her teeth.

She aimed at the human once more.

Don't close your eyes. Breathe and release.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:52:27 pm by GiglameshDespair »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2015, 05:54:37 am »

Mirella channels some of her goddess's divine energy into Arwen's wounds, and they stitch closed, for (3+3+3) 9 HP.
Sweetpea steadies this shot, (Attack roll: 16+6, Success!) and it flies true, striking the human (Damage: 4+4+4) dead in the chest, felling them with the single shot.

It is Arwen's turn.

There are two more Kobolds still up. Both are engaged with Mirella and Arwen. You start to see larger groups of raiders moving on the keep, so it's probably a good idea to get into the keep soon.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:31:00 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2015, 12:48:20 pm »

((Nice. Two suggestions-add an text indicator for inspiration, which I believe everyone has right now, and don't forget the initiative rolls. :P

Ergo-

Inspired! ))

Tracking the arrow's flight, Johanna saw that Sweetpea had fired it.

"That's me' girl! Get over here, Lass!" She cried boisterously. "There's a bunch of ugly-robe-wearing-cutist-idiot-bastard-ass-lizard-rat-scumbags coming this way!" Johanna described, colorfully. She continued to move to the door of the keep, her hammerwand ready for another flick of flame.

Action: Flicking another firebolt at a sneaky kobold, whichever one is still alive/injured. Move the rest of the 25 feet to the door of the keep.

Spell Attack: +5
Damage: 1d10 Fire

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 94