Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119995 times)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen slings the Crossbow over his shoulder, staring down the dragon. He tries to gauge the color from here, but may not be able to...

"<Arwen Dunwood. Someone who knows that a Dragon is smart enough to have a reason before torching a place. I have a feeling that cult has something to do with this.>"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Mirella picked up her quarterstaff from where she had stood it against the wall beside the chapel door, stepping out .  Beside the door, just finishing his last bites, she saw Arwen, Sweetpea was near the main gate, and Johanna just coming out of the tower where the healers had been working.  "Is everyone ready?" she asked simply. 

Johanna doesn't look ready, but she nods all the same. Her face is grim, reflecting the situation.

"Aye...I'm ready. I've got a little bit of my wind back. Bring 'em on...heh.

...Also, why is Arwen talking to the Dragon? Does he want to end up in its belly?"
She asked quietly, wondering if they should attack now while it was distracted.

((Also, is it possible to blast the Dragon from the courtyard if need be? How high up is it?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Nodding back to Jo, Mirella looked up at Arwen.  "I don't believe so.  I am uncertain, but if he can learn something or convince it to back off...somehow...I am inclined to let him make the attempt."  Though she couldn't understand anything of what either he or the dragon were saying, she couldn't imagine what else he would be speaking to it for.  Accepting a crossbow and quarrel of bolts from the guard as well, she climbed up the ladder to the upper barricades. 

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Johanna remembered then that not everyone could speak Draconic.

"Oh yeah, let me translate...Uh, he's asking the Dragon why it's attacking...the Dragon is laughing, asking why he even has to answer, being the superior being...Arwen says he's the one asking...I think he called the Dragon stupid, and accusing it of working with the cult...which is really quite obvious by now, I would think..." She continues...

((Assume auto-translate even if I don't post))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Johanna decided not to make herself too inviting a target-she wasn't wearing any armor, and was sorely wounded in any case-she would no doubt look like an appetizing treat standing on the wall. She positioned herself at the base of the doors, ready to pop out and fire a quick firebolt at the flying menace.

Action: Assuming diplomacy ends with Arwen getting swallowed whole, Johanna heads to V17, pops open the door, and unleashes the barrage from the ground with a firebolt at the Dragon. Afterwards, she closes the door, and ducks back into cover at X17
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 02:38:24 pm by Dwarmin »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen slings the Crossbow over his shoulder, staring down the dragon. He tries to gauge the color from here, but may not be able to...

"<Arwen Dunwood. Someone who knows that a Dragon is smart enough to have a reason before torching a place. I have a feeling that cult has something to do with this.>"
Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)
The dragon opens its maw and lets loose a blast of lightning that blasts through the ranks of the defenders, killing three and wounding another three instantly.

(Spell attack roll: 8+5, Failure!)
In response, Johanna sends a bolt of fire dragon-ward, but it goes wide.

Map.
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

((A dragon cult being related to the fact a dragon is attacking? Truly, he is the Sherlock of our time.))

Before

Sweatpea had paused for a while. As said, old habits died hard... it wasn't really heroic, but she wasn't really a full Hero yet. She needed to think of a Hero name, after all, and every hero needed gold. For heroic stuff - at least, the stuff not granted by gods and plundered from tombs and the like.

Pick their pockets.

After
 Sweatpea paused, listening to Arwen either gargle a throatful of gravel and phlegm or talk to the dragon. Well, if it tried to attack again she'd aim for the eyes. Even dragons needed to see.

It let out a burst of lightning, filling the air with the smell of burning flesh and leather, mixed with the stink of ozone. That was... unpleasant to say the least.

It was a dragon attacking. The whole thing seemed slightly surreal somehow.

She moved up the ladder, fired an arrow towards the dragon's eye, then moved back down.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen chuckled. He did so love a challenge.

<"Well, you may only FLY for the Dragon Queen.... but how about landing?">

With that said, he took off at a SPRINT towards the dragon, skidding to a stop at the edge of the building.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:34:28 pm by FelixSparks »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A little over an hour ago, Sweetpea pushes through the wealthy villagers to 'get to the well'.
(Sleight of Hand: 6+6 vs...)
She comes out of the crowd with only one pouch. They were glaring at her for barging through, so she didn't feel comfortable taking more than one. She's not sure they didn't see her, either. She leaves quickly after a small drink from the well, and finds a quiet corner against the chapel to count her loot. 8 Golden Lions, a disappointing sum. But strangely, there is also a small metal box, the size of a child's fist, engraved with Dwarven lettering and geometric patterns. There seems to be a small button on the top.

In the present...
(Attack roll: 9+6, Miss!)
Sweetpea takes a shot on the run at dragon, but it harmlessly bounces off its scaly hide.

Governor Nighthill's voice breaks through the night, "To arms! Drive the beast away!"
The guards begin to take shots at it, but only one hits. However, that bolt finds a soft patch underneath a wing, and the beast falters for a moment, before diving about twenty feet to dodge the rest of the incoming crossbow fire.

Map.

Damage dealt to the dragon: 9

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Action: Shootan' another firebolt at the Dragon, yes. Same movement as last round.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Mirella hefted the guard's crossbow uncertainly.  She knew in principle how to use it, but that wasn't the same as actually having used one before.  "Let's see, span, wind, aim, and-ah, shoot."  The trigger was a bit more sensitive than she had expected, and she watched as the bolt went sailing off vaguely in the direction of the dragon. 

Move to W14, fire crossbow at the Dragon

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Spell Attack: 1+5! CRITICAL FAILURE!)
Johanna steps out of the door and aims her hand at the dragon's wings, just barely visible over the crenelations. She makes the simple hand motion to conjure the flame, and chants the simple incantation, but... nothing. No flame bursts forth from her hands.
She ducks back into the tower, her mind suddenly filled with great doubts.

(Attack Roll: 8+2)
The badly aimed bolt sails through the air and clatters off the dragon's scales. She hit it! Not bad for a first try!
Now, to see if she could hurt it...

What are Sweetpea and Arwen doing?

Map.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen's trying to get to the ladder! As fast as possible, to WRECK THE DRAGON!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen climbs up to the walls, and dashes clockwise to get ready to jump on the dragon.

What is Sweetpea doing?

Map.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Sweatpea repeats her action.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 94