Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119965 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #1170 on: April 24, 2016, 09:49:03 pm »

The group splits; Adrik, Arwen, Johanna and the latest addition, Brother Cian, performing one last sweep of the cavern.

Adrik, Arwen, Cian, Johanna:
They pass through an empty guard barracks, and then into a chamber on the left. This one is large, and mostly empty, except for a few overturned boxes, broken pots, scattered coins, and small gems, abandoned in a hasty evacuation. There is a single cultist sleeping soundly, surrounded by several bottles of wine.

Mirella:
The woman doesn't break her perpetual glare. After a minute of the group having left, she raises her hands to her mouth, and tips them back, her looking questioningly.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 24, 2016, 10:02:34 pm »

As the others left, Mirella listened for any sound of battle.  When the sounds of combat didn't rise up from beyond the spell's range, Mirella relaxed slightly.  At the cultist's hand gesture, Mirella cocked her head slightly in question, then remembering the silence spell, allowed it to lift.  "My apologies.  Would you care for some water?"  Pulling out one of the waterskins, she watched for the woman's response; if it was affirmative, she moved to carefully place it in the woman's bound hands so she wouldn't drop it.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 25, 2016, 03:00:17 am »

She gives a grunt to the affirmative and takes the waterskin without so much as a 'thank you'. She downs a large gulp before handing it back. In the mundane silence after, she breaks her glare for the first time since she was captured, scanning the room.
After a moment, she returns her gaze to Mirella, speaking in a tired voice. "How much are they paying you?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 25, 2016, 05:43:40 am »

"Well then."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 25, 2016, 08:34:37 am »

Mirella tilted her head slightly in thought, not quite sure about the thrust of the query.  "Pay hasn't really come up much, though we've received a few dozen platinum.  We were caught up in your attack on Greenrest, and so," she gave a slight smile, "here we are."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: April 25, 2016, 08:46:58 am »

"Shh! Let's just take what we can get our hands on and get out of here. I'll keep an eye on snoozy over here."

Action: Prepare to knock the cultist into the land of greater dreams if he wakes up
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 25, 2016, 12:37:40 pm »

Mirella:
"I'll pay you that again if you leave your knife and step into the the other room," the woman says with a poker face.

The cultist probably wouldn't wake up for anything less than being attacked by a howling monkeybee, he's that drunk.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 25, 2016, 02:00:09 pm »

"I say we take him with us. Maybe he'll be more cooperative than the woman... She seems shifty." He picks up some of the coins and jewels, making a note to divide them amongst the party later. "If they aren't going to use these, we might as well.... I wonder if there's any wine left?"

Arwen prepares to tie up and transport the poor drunk, and checks the room for notable coin drops and any remaining wine.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 25, 2016, 02:04:06 pm »

Welp.  Meticulously search, you never know what you'll find hidden in some debris.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 25, 2016, 02:05:39 pm »

"Carrying two of them around seems to be risky. Also, he's obviously not...very high up in the chain of command? I doubt he knows much of use."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 25, 2016, 02:21:59 pm »

"Hey, soldiers hear things. Never know what he might know. Besides, we could always put him to work rebuilding Greenest for the trouble he caused."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 25, 2016, 03:04:58 pm »

Mirella shook her head slightly at the offer, faintly amused.  "That is a kind offer.  Unfortunately, we would not receive the answers we actually need from that, so I'm afraid I must decline."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 25, 2016, 07:45:34 pm »

The party is getting lots of rope tying practice today, and swiftly binds the cultist. It takes a little longer to loot the room, but it is successful, to a point. The total value of the debri of any value is a minute 16 gold dragons. Still, it's something.
Towards the end of the search, garbled sounds drift through the cave towards the group. It takes a minute for anyone to recognize it; it's the sound of battle.
(Brother Cian's Perception, with Advantage: 10 15+5)
Brother Cian can make out the sound of reptilian shouts, screams of pain, and metal clashing with stone.

Mirella:
She shrugs. "You won't get anything out of me. Let me go, or don't, it's the same results, except my way, you get paid."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 25, 2016, 07:59:41 pm »

"...Well then."
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 25, 2016, 08:27:28 pm »

The elf speaks up for the first time in a while. His voice is shaky, as though he is weary of more violence.

"A-a battle... yet more foul, reptant menaces...?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 94