Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119916 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #1125 on: March 17, 2016, 05:56:43 pm »

Action: Right, let's push forward! Also, looks like we're stealing some Dragon eggs. Also, apply healing potions to Mirella (Really Culise, maybe you should handle that part of the action? :P )
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 18, 2016, 03:18:44 pm »

Cast Cure Wounds (level 2) on self

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 18, 2016, 05:31:58 pm »

"I'm not sure IF he's dealt with a dragon before, but if he's home, he'll know what to do. Even if that is directing us to someone else. It's only about a day or two's ride from town." Arwen hefts the egg, thinking about putting it in his bag. "I need to pick up my sword when we get back to Greenest, so after that I'll be ready."

Arwen is ready to move when the group is!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 18, 2016, 05:37:00 pm »

"Is leaving now the best course of action?  They will be far more prepared for us next time or, even worse, launch a suicide mission to attack the town or something.  Strike while th'iron's hot..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 18, 2016, 06:45:42 pm »

"Did you think I meant now? I meant AFTER we take care of everything here. There's no reason to leave yet. Not until the town is safe."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 19, 2016, 02:26:11 am »

(6+4+4+4 HP recovered!)
Mirella channels her connection to the divine into her body, and her wounds knit closed. It's like gettting a splash of cold water in the face while asleep; wakes her right up.

The next logical place to push forward is back in the shrine's southwestern corner; there's a tight passage that leads to a rope ladder up through a slick, three foot wide passage. It looks like it goes up about 30 feet, to an opening covered by some sort of thick fabric; light breaks through, but it's dim and gridded. Faint sounds of a woman shouting at someone can be made out, but they are muffled and unclear. If someone is quick and quiet, they could climb up the ladder to eavesdrop, or even surprise attack the cultists.

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Map.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 19, 2016, 07:52:56 pm »

The shouting dies for a moment, and a murmured, quick response comes, before being shouted down by the yeller again.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 19, 2016, 07:58:49 pm »

((Hey everybody discuss.))

"If I can get up there I can spy on them or blast them."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 20, 2016, 04:10:06 pm »

"I'm in armor and in my condition, I'm not gonna be very stealthy, so I can't go. But I could provide casting support from here... Or a distraction..." He DID know that one thunder cantrip... Perhaps it'd come in handy.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 21, 2016, 07:50:59 am »

"I apologize, but I am likely in a similar state with my armor and lack of ability.  If you are willing to make the attempt, we can cover your escape should they discover your presence.  I also have a mirror if you wish to peek over the edge without exposing your head."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 21, 2016, 02:48:22 pm »

"All right."

Do whatever plan we come up with.  Carefully.
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 24, 2016, 08:18:41 am »

Action: Party plan!

Send Adrik to sneaky sneak up the ladder. He borrows Mirella's mirror to spy on whatever is going on above us.

The rest of the party lines up at the bottom of the ladder-if Adrik determines we could all get up safely without being attacked, he performs a silent hand signal when the coast is clear. If then, send up Arwen (he climbs the ladder halfway, as well, prepared to assist in the sneak attack if needed), Mirella, Cian and Myself follow up in that specific order. I will guard the rear!

Above action is not binding on Adrik, depending on how he acts on what he sees.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:42:13 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 25, 2016, 01:21:46 pm »

(Stealth, with Advantage: 12 17)

Adrik quietly climbs the ladder, and shifts the rug covering the opening slightly to look out into the room. All the while, the shouting had died down a little, and when Adrik reached the top, it was clear that it had transformed into a simmering rage. Through a small gap between the rug and the edge of the shaft, he maneuvers the mirror into position, spying a woman dressed in elaborate purple robes, with somewhat ridiculous shoulder pads that are styled to resemble dragon horns. She has her back to Adrik, but he can see the legs of a few, three, maybe four, cultists who are otherwise blocked from sight by the woman's robes.
It's immediately clear that the shouting was coming from the woman as she growls "It must have been the saboteurs. And we still have no idea who they were? No survivors at all? No witnesses? None of you saw ANYTHING?!"
The cultists respond with a chorus of "No, ma'am!" However, after a brief moment, the woman snaps, "You there! Spit it out already!"
"Uh... Yes ma'am! I found a small cookfire, with the ashes still warm! The area smelled like someone cooked Rothe meat; I used to fight with a Dwarven mercenary, and his dinner always stunk like a cow's arse. I think one of them is a Dwarf, ma'am!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 25, 2016, 01:34:33 pm »

Stay there and keep listening.  Silently.
Sigtext

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 26, 2016, 06:48:42 pm »

Arwen waits for a signal to either draw them away with a wellplaced Thunderclap, or start blasting them with his other spells.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 94