Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119894 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #1095 on: February 25, 2016, 04:00:40 pm »

Johanna took a guard position in response-legs and shoulders tightly aligned in trained geometric precision, barring the lizards with hammer in a two-hand grip, a stance probably as old as Dwarfdom itself-hoping the Drakes would stay stuck for long enough to get Mirella across the room and up the ledge.

She responded to Mirella quickly enough, though, though her words were somewhat muffled by the mask she was wearing to keep out the worst of the gas.

"Hey, You can make it up to me later, right? I don't usually wade into the fray like this, but I had a lot of defensive spells I wasn't using for anything better...couldn't stand the thought of someone as pre...uh, someone good as you dying in a miserable hole like this...

..Whops, I'm rambling...must be the gas...ahem, cough...

Anyway! I'm not sure how long the lizards are going to stay stuck in place. We need to get ourselves out of this trap! Can you make it across the room and, up the ledge? Whatshisface should be up there to give you a hand. I'll cover you. To the best of my ability, heh."

Mirella remained silent for a moment as the magic healed up her wounds, letting Johanna speak.  "It's no problem; I'll certainly repay you, but-"  The flasks dropped around them, Mirella narrowly dodging all but a blast of flames, while Johanna took the flames as well as a blast of glue that somehow didn't quite seem to bind her in place.  "Ah, I don't believe I shall be fleeing and leaving either you or our bound friend here to the tender mercies of these drakes."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 01, 2016, 10:25:04 pm »

(Adrik's Spell Damage! 3+5+5 damage!)
An explosion of snowballs blasts away three kobolds, leaving only standing. It shakes in its boots rags? scales? It's clearly not a subscriber to the 'Fight to the Death' school of combat.

Spoiler: Initiative: (click to show/hide)
It is Johanna's turn.
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Map.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 01, 2016, 10:34:36 pm »

Ahh, the sweet smell of koboldean fear.
<"Surrender.  Order the drakes to stop attacking.  Or else we feed you to them.">
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:36:21 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 05, 2016, 09:10:52 am »

Action: Stall turn till after Mirella.

FREE MYSELF FROM GLUE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:44:53 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 05, 2016, 04:41:52 pm »

Johanna waits for Mirella's lead, eyeing the drakes warrily.

Spoiler: Initiative: (click to show/hide)
It is Arwen's turn.
Map.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: March 07, 2016, 04:03:52 pm »

((OOC: Edited my action slightly-attacks on the drakes already get advantage since they are glued, no need to aid action.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 08, 2016, 11:10:28 am »

Mirella whipped a small dagger from her belt, using it to chip away at the glue with one hand while her other hand maneuvered her shield between the two of them and the trapped drake.  "Let us see if we can get rid of this junk, 'ere any more kobolds arrive."

Aid Another: help Johanna free herself from the glue

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 08, 2016, 12:45:10 pm »

((ooc: Edited my turn again))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 09, 2016, 04:16:15 pm »

(Arwen's Strength Check, with Disadvantage: 8+5 11, Success!)
Arwen rips free from the glue, pulling up his shield and barking a command to sit at the Drake engaged with him.
(Arwen's Animal Handling, with Disadvantage: 15 19, Success!)
At Arwen's command, the drake relaxes, sitting on its haunches, waiting for further instructions. It looks down at Arwen, who is still sitting on his ass.

(Johanna's Strength Check, with Advantage: 17+1 2, Success!)
Johanna, with the help of Mirella, is able to free herself from the glue.

The drakes sit around, restlessly, eager for something to kill.
The last kobold freaks out, drops its weapons, and drops back down into the pit from whence it came. It doesn't need to be told twice to surrender.

With the roper, drakes, and kobold no longer attacking, combat seems to have been resolved.
+725 XP!

Map.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 11, 2016, 12:12:53 pm »

Johanna breathed a sigh of relief.

"Alright. At least that's over...we need to fall back, but...at least we saved this pathet...this poor Elf. Are you awake in there, buddy?" She said, banging her hammer on the bars. He was probably already awake.

Action: Let that poor player out of his cage already! One of the Kobolds no doubt has the key!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 11, 2016, 03:39:56 pm »

Mirella sagged slightly, not quite up to par after her injuries.  As Johanna went looking for a key to the cage door to let them all out of the pit, she turned to the elf beside them, undoing the ropes around their hands and feet to free them

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 11, 2016, 03:50:00 pm »

"So...Now that we have all these dragons..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 11, 2016, 06:57:03 pm »

The key hangs on a wooden peg opposite the top of the stairs. Adrik retrieves it and tosses it to Johanna to open the door.
Mirella unties the ropes binding the elf, and lifts them to their feet.
Arwen picks himself up slowly, staring the drake in the eyes, daring it to try something. It decides to not try something.

Map.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 11, 2016, 08:07:12 pm »

Arwen lets out a few wheezing gasps, his ribs hurting more than ever after that strain breaking free of the glue. He leans against a wall with one shoulder, looking to the rest of the group. "There was a captive here? Let's get them out of there... And do we need to go much farther? I'm starting to feel these broken ribs..." He looks back to the drake, hissing between his teeth. If it started fighting with him, could he fight it off? He wasn't sure... But it most likely wouldn't come to that.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 12, 2016, 11:22:39 am »

The elf stops his quiet meditation terrified whimpering and looks up at Mirella as she lifts him to his feet. His eyes widen, and a grin of joy spreads across his face as he realizes what's happened. He speaks in a sincere, joyful tone, but with a bizarre accent that resembles a bastardized version of Common.

"I am saved! Pray tell, who art thou, and how may I repay you?"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:41:39 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 94