Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119895 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 3: Dragon Hatchery
« Reply #1080 on: February 16, 2016, 08:05:23 pm »

The roper grumbles back again, "Ām kez udos."
Spoiler: Dwarven. (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 16, 2016, 09:32:27 pm »

<Try another language then...>
"Speak [language]?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 17, 2016, 03:51:57 am »

Sadly, the creature simply makes the multi-limbed version of a shrug. It doesn't speak Common, Draconic, Elvish, or Gnomish.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 17, 2016, 02:40:52 pm »

Arwen finally snaps himself out of his daze as he sees Mirella hurt. His grip on his sword tightens as he charges forward, throwing all his energy into getting closer. He leaps off the cliff, aiming to land near the Drakes. His ribs twinge with the movement, but he takes a deep breath and roars.

"Belikri, STHARL!" A risky strategy, but it had worked thus far... Even if it didn't, they'd be after him. Granted, he couldn't use his sword in this condition, but he had access to magic now... He'd figure this out somehow.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 17, 2016, 08:38:07 pm »

(Falling Damage: 2 damage!)
Arwen leaps off the edge, and lands solidly on the ground, losing his footing.

(Arwen's Animal Handling, with Disadvantage: 12 5, Failure.)
The drakes turn to the new intruder, and growl, unwilling to betray their cultist masters.

(Mirella's Death Saving Throw: 1, CRITICAL FAILURE! +2 Failures!)
Mirella drifts through a featureless, black expanse. Time seems to pass, but she has no reference for its passage. Slowly, she assumes, small dots of silvery light pierce the darkness, until she is floating through a great, starry expanse. After more time, a silvery orb appears, approaching Mirella. It grows and grows until she is able to recognize Selūne, the moon namesake of her patron goddess. It keeps approaching until it is larger than she's ever seen it before, and then it keeps growing.
Eventually, she touches down gently on its dusty, lifeless, cratered surface, next to a wooden inn, strikingly out of place. A brass sign in the shape of a crescent moon hangs outside, and the door is slightly agar.
Spoiler: The sign (click to show/hide)

Back on Toril, the drakes split up, one heading after Arwen, the other after Mirella.
(Drake 1's Multiattack vs. Arwen, with Advantage: 12 18, 11 14, One Failure, One Success! 5 damage!)
(Drake 2's Multiattack vs. Johanna, with Disadvantage: 13 18, 24 12, Two Failures!)
The raking teeth of the drake bites Arwen's forearm, and he can feel the beast's saliva working its way into his veins. The other drake claws ineffectually at Johanna's arcane shield.

Suddenly, a shout comes from the pit at the far end of the cavern, "Jaka!"
Spoiler: Draconic (click to show/hide)
Kobolds spill out of the pit, and small glass flasks arc fly from their hands through the air, and splash over Arwen and Johanna, and their respective drakes.

(Johanna's Dexterity Save vs. Glue Bomb: 10+1, Success!)
(Johanna's Dexterity Save vs. Fire Bomb: 2+1, Failure! 8 damage!)
Johanna's ward causes a splatter of a glue to wash over her, but a flask of oil ignites, burning off most of her magical shield.

(Arwen's Dexterity Save vs. Glue Bomb: 2+2, Failure!)
(Arwen's Dexterity Save vs. Fire Bomb: 2+2, Failure! 1 damage!)
Arwen finds himself entangled in a gooey substance, unable to move and attack properly. What's worse; a flask of oil splashes on him, and burns him a little before he can put it out.

Spoiler: Initiative: (click to show/hide)
It is Adrik's turn. Would he still like to help Mirella?
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Map.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 17, 2016, 09:59:05 pm »

In order:Stabilize Mirella if nobody else does so, get those drakes to stop attacking!  And/or have the other drakes help.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 18, 2016, 09:26:06 am »

Action: When my turn comes up, go to Mirella and administer a healing potion to stabilize her! Drag her away from the drakes if I can, toward the ledge.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 18, 2016, 10:23:55 am »

Mirella knew somehow, deep down, that she should feel somewhat worried, but she could not help but feel a certain serenity as she drifted through the endless night, stars and moon shining around her.  As she drifted down onto the surface of the moon, she looked up at the sign on the inn, then at the door.  Without hesitation, she pushed the door open and stepped inside.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 20, 2016, 05:36:26 am »

Mirella knew somehow, deep down, that she should feel somewhat worried, but she could not help but feel a certain serenity as she drifted through the endless night, stars and moon shining around her.  As she drifted down onto the surface of the moon, she looked up at the sign on the inn, then at the door.  Without hesitation, she pushed the door open and stepped inside.
As she opens the door, Mirella suddenly realizes how cold it is out as she's met by a warm, cheery heat. The inn is well kept, the furnishings worn by use and polish. Silvery shadows drift through the inn, sitting by the hearth, nursing mugs at the bar, and murmuring in ethereal whispers in the corners. A matronly woman from behind the bar, the only other substantial figure here, looks up at Mirella and smiles at her, with a glint of sadness and pride in her eyes. "Not yet, my dear. You don't need a final wayhouse yet; your journey is far from over," she says, her voice carrying perfectly over the insubstantial crowd.
And Mirella is picked up by a sudden electric shock, and jolted from one place to another; from the inn to the cavern.

(Adrik's Handle Animal: 11+1, Success!)
With a quickly barked order, Adrik calls off the drake attacking Johanna. It growls, but stays put, merely bearing its teeth at Johanna, npt attacking.

(HP recovered: 4+4+2, 10 HP recovered!)
Johanna pulls out a Health Potion, and uncorks it, giving off a little static shock. Johanna pours it into Mirella's mouth, closes her mouth and pinches her nose, imitating something she saw once at college.
After a tense few seconds, Mirella bolts upright, coughing and sputtering, but very much alive again.

It is Arwen's turn.
Map.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 20, 2016, 11:15:05 pm »

Arwen pauses a moment, taking as deep a breath as he can what with the broken rib and all that. This Drake was annoying. Nothing he couldn't handle if his sword was usable, but it wasn't. So he was going with Magic. However... The four drakes near the entrance could use some exercise... So Arwen pointed at the drake in front of him, and while a fireball arced from his finger, he called out to his newest ally.

"ALICE! LOWD!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Arwen uses ANOTHER Firebolt, aimed at the Drake, and commands Alice to come help him out.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 21, 2016, 05:18:47 am »

(Arwen's Spell Attack, with Disadvantage: 4+4 17, Failure!)
The drake lunges, throwing off Arwen's aim, and the bolt goes far wide.

(Arwen's Animal Handling, with Disadvantage: 1 19, Failure!)
Alice refuses to leap down the ledge to attack.

It is Mirella's turn.
Map.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 22, 2016, 09:23:51 am »

Mirella burst up as the shock jolted her back to her body, quickly recognizing the situation around her as still being in the midst of battle.  Using her quarterstaff, she forced herself up from a prone position onto her feet, but still unstable, she then channeled healing power through herself.  "Thank you," she said to Johanna as the magic flowed through her, closing the worst of her wounds. 

Stand up, cast Cure Wounds (L1) on self

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 22, 2016, 10:03:48 am »

Johanna took a guard position in response-legs and shoulders tightly aligned in trained geometric precision, barring the lizards with hammer in a two-hand grip, a stance probably as old as Dwarfdom itself-hoping the Drakes would stay stuck for long enough to get Mirella across the room and up the ledge.

She responded to Mirella quickly enough, though, though her words were somewhat muffled by the mask she was wearing to keep out the worst of the gas.

"Hey, You can make it up to me later, right? I don't usually wade into the fray like this, but I had a lot of defensive spells I wasn't using for anything better...couldn't stand the thought of someone as pre...uh, someone good as you dying in a miserable hole like this...

..Whops, I'm rambling...must be the gas...ahem, cough...

Anyway! I'm not sure how long the lizards are going to stay stuck in place. We need to get ourselves out of this trap! Can you make it across the room and, up the ledge? Whatshisface should be up there to give you a hand. I'll cover you. To the best of my ability, heh."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 23, 2016, 04:04:58 am »

(Mirella's Cure Wounds: 3+4+3, 10 HP recovered!)
Mirella climbs to her feet, and her magic stitches her wounds closed.

(Drake 1's Str Check against glue: 19, Success!)
(Drake 2's Str Check against glue: 10, Failure!)
One drake is able to pull itself out of the glue entangling its limbs, while the other one is still stuck.

The kobolds launch another barrage of bombs against the wizardess and the newly revived cleric.
(Johanna's Dexterity Save vs. Glue Bomb: 4+1, Failure!)
(Johanna's Dexterity Save vs. Fire Bomb: 3+1, Failure! 3 damage!)
(Johanna's Dexterity Save vs. Fire Bomb: 18+1, Success! 1 damage!)
(Mirella's Dexterity Save vs. Glue Bomb: 19+1, Success!!)
(Mirella's Dexterity Save vs. Fire Bomb: 8+1, Failure! 5 damage!)
(Mirella's Dexterity Save vs. Fire Bomb: 13+1, Success! 4 damage!)
The pair, without any cover to utilize, is blasted with the brunt of it. Mirella is able to shrug off the glue, but Johanna is not so lucky.

It is Adrik's turn.
Map.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 04:21:59 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 23, 2016, 05:31:03 am »

Snilloc's Snowball Swarm the middle of the pack of kobolds.

"<F**K OFF, YOU [STRING OF VILE INSULTS!]  OR FACE ME!>"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 04:04:14 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 94