Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Save file too corrupted - sry guys  (Read 70797 times)

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24)
« Reply #300 on: March 18, 2015, 07:21:51 pm »

Oh... Poor Ringo.  We knew him hardly at all.

Lol, I just noticed that we have one minor clan wiped out before it was even in play at all. Such a sad, short, pointless life he had.

Also, do you want me to upload the save before the 19th or on the 19th?

"That's it? You came here to earn your fortunes? (All I wanted was to make a place for my Lord...) You know what, fine. You can all stay as long as you help us build this place." I sighed resignedly. "I have more important things to worry about."

"So when are we going to get our own rooms man?"

"Just make yourselves busy already!"

With that our numbers increased to 20.

Meanwhile

"You better hurry up and bring those goods if you want to trade with us." Nish told 'Wrathwell' Vabokluzat.

"Oh don't you worry. You'll be amazed at what you see in just a moment, ah here comes Asob Itebtangath now."

"Here are the swords Vabokluzat, I hope its enough to get something."

"Shh! Don't go saying things like that, especially near... Nevermind, just get out of here and let me handle this. Now, what do you think of these obsidian swords Nish? Aren't they just superb?"

"I'd say only four of them are close to superb, the rest are sub-par. I can give you at most 700 worth in goods for those."

"Are you so sure? Come on now, why don't you take one for yourself. Have this one here."

"Hmm.."

"Here, how about we take those two bins of cloth and those copper bars for our lot of swords, what do you say?"

"All right. You have a deal." (Nish is pleased with the deal. "Those suckers, their goods were worth at least 1050.")

"Good, now if you'll pardon me I feel quite tired I think I'm going to take a na.."

"You all right?" Goodness she must have been tired, she fell asleep right next to the depot. "All right everyone! Were packing up and leaving this place. Till we meet again."

Just after our "meeting" ended I received some good news from Goden.

"We've stuck native gold!"

"Where at Goden?"

"Um, I forgot."

"Are you sure we stuck gold."

"Yes yes! I know we have it
Spoiler: somewhere." (click to show/hide)

It turns out that the gold is at the bottom of our soon to be trap pit. Hopefully there won't be any problems retrieving if we can't get it all out before any enemies come.

[Unbeknownst to everyone, wolverine men and women keep coming onto the map from time to time. They even passed right by the entrance once and no one noticed.]

"Hey chief, whats going on?"

"What's with the yaks Savotdeler? It seems like the're spooked by
Spoiler: something." (click to show/hide)

"Is that a magma crab? Are you seeing this as well? The're supposed to be in the volcano, not scaling the mountains."

"No, you're most definitely not seeing things. It looks like they decided to see what the surface is like and found some
Spoiler: Wolverine men (click to show/hide)
in the process."

"Quick! Someone get some traps ready at the bottom of the mountain! We got our selves some magma crabs to catch"

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 18, 2015, 07:50:07 pm »

The Murderpaddles Clan lives on through Ringo's husband 'Crazedmined' and only son 'Boulderslip'.  If/when Boulderslip starts having kids, the Murderpaddles Clan may just bounce back from the brink of extinction.

'Ringo' was female... didn't see that one coming.

In other news, the OP has been updated with the various Clan bloodlines.  Instead of putting them all at the bottom of the page, I just stuck them in the turn list up top instead.  All bloodlines are updated to Year 27.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:02:47 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 18, 2015, 09:35:59 pm »

A few days later

"Traps are almost set up!" Cries Kel from the mountain base below.

"Get away from there now! They're on the move and I can't stop them!

"What? I cant hear you."

"I said get away!"

"All right, I'm moving, just let me set up this last trap. Holy smokes! You weren't kidding when you said they were coming!" A flying globule of magma hits Kel at this moment.

"Ouch! Hey cut that out! We only want to capture you. You're supposed to run this way, not shoot at me!"

Another globule hits him, this time it makes trough his cloak, hitting his upper body.

"Augh! Now you've done it, I'm on fire now!" [Kel is literally is on fire]

"Stop it Kel! We need them alive! Let your anger out on something else later!"

"No stopping me until this thing dies! That hurt!"

[A little while later and three combat pages later Kel emerges victorious against the magma crab]

"You're supposed to capture them not kill them Kel..."

"Look, I'm not just going to sit there and take it while it shoots glorified magma at me."

"Fine, I'll get the other one, and don't interfere this time."

"Too late for that. It's mine! Disgusting little bugger."

With that Kel singlehandedly killed both magma crabs before we even had the chance to capture them. My reasoning for why he was able to survive his upper body fat melting like that was because he had so much of it, he is a
Spoiler: corpulent (click to show/hide)
fellow.

Its so sad though. It was a male and female pair of magma crabs.  :'(

Kel is looking a little pale but other than that he's not complaining about his condition.

During this whole incident, "Gearmighty' had been recruited to make mechanisms and cages. I'd say she's outdone herself, she's gone and made the first
Spoiler: masterwork (click to show/hide)
this place has seen. It's not much but it's a place to start.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2015, 09:43:41 pm »

As to your other question: you have until midnight of the 19th (forum time) to post the save or your turn is skipped, so posting it on the 19th is fine.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 19, 2015, 01:10:10 am »

After being funned out from our loss of magma crabs, I requested Asob, Goden and 'Loric Deepson' do dig an exploratory mine shaft.

On the 28th of Moonstone, they hit the caverns. I myself am going head down and explore while they continue the dig. I won't deny I'm afraid I might find something dangerous but I know my Lord will protect me from harm.

So far there are no creatures down here at all. There is a thick layer of mud covering everything and no plants are in sight. Olivine, platinum, rock crystal and other gems dot the walls. Cave spider silk, thankfully not giant cave spider silk, can be spotted from time to time but that is all there is to see. No wait, there is something over there. It appears to be a
Spoiler: bottomless pit. (click to show/hide)
I say bottomless because I walked right up to the edge and I can't see the bottom. It must be at least 50 urists deep by my reckoning. Maybe this is the volcano's secondary pipe? Oh! The first signs of life. What strange creatures,
Spoiler: Elk Birds? (click to show/hide)
I hope they aren't hostile.

[By Quinmael at deviantart not mine at all.]

Well, that's all there is too see I'm going to head up for a drink.

13 days later

"Hey Likottogum the miners have
Spoiler: found another cavern. (click to show/hide)
This one is full of trees and other plants. What's more, there's a downward passage that seems to lead somewhere."

"Thank you Kell. I'll see to it in a bit."

23rd of Opal, 'Goodbrews' Uristfarash has grown to become a Dwarven child. That and we came upon We finally found the nether cap we needed. As a bonus, it looks like there are some Rutherers as well.

I was just wheeling some obsidian over to a stockpile when I hear Goden murmuring something about a great idea. He's gone and claimed one of the mason workshops and started working on something with some andesite.

How nice. Its a
Spoiler: statue (click to show/hide)
of us as we traveled to this mountain.

One year has passed. We're almost halfway done laying the foundation of the temple, but it will still take a long time.

12th Granite

Goden was in the middle of removing some of the ramps near the entrance when he heard a voice.

"Hey! You there! Is this the place those dwarves got trapped?"

"No."

"Stuck?

"No."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"Digging, can I help you?"

"Yes, where's the nearest place where I can scam someone?"

"Just up the hill and around the corner."

"Thanks!"

[The elven merchants from "The Wind of Cleaning" have some to clean out our stock for a very low price. Also, I just saw one of the wrathwell's who was a legendary miner climbing because he removed the ramps that were around him  :D]

A few days later

"I've had enough of this place! Fine take what you want but we're out of here!"

[Explanation: I forgot elves won't take obsidian swords so I offered one to them, they didn't like it. Since we have nothing else to trade them, I decided to swipe some of their fruit and call it good.]

27th Slate

I was just headed out to place some cages on the traps when a random dwarf climbs up the ledge next to me.

"Morning guvnah! My name's Zulban. Don't mind us, we're just moving in."

"Us?"

Married to Obok Sarveshsefol (Furnaceenter)
Married to Olon Abaloddom (Palecloisters)

I feel our time here is drawing to an end so I have everyone work on the foundation as fast as possible.

A few of us were interrupted as coyotes came but the coyotes were soon punched and kicked into submission (death).

We've also captured one of the giant moles and are now training it.

Looks like Mafol has barricaded himself in the mechanics workshop. What can he be up to?

Some magma crabs came to the surface to give birth to their young. Only to die to our dwarves. Four dwarves were going about their business when they spotted the crabs. For whatever the reason they soon had the impulse to murder the crabs. The crabs never saw it coming.

Some crundles have come up from the lowest cavern. The ran into the traps we placed at the top and now we have 5 captured, all male.

In other news, the human caravan has come.

17th Hematite

Too many people have come. I am going on a journey. Don't destroy everything. - Signed 'xominxac' Likottogum
P.S. Don't let the human caravan out till I come back.

As I walked away, 9 more dwarves walked in.

[Total of 48 dwarves living there now. Here's the save
They started coming in droves near the end. Personally, I like there to be around 20 or so dwarves at a given time.]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 01:59:26 am by xominxac »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 20, 2015, 12:45:07 pm »

ooh Then you might have a problem, since I normally play with 500 or so as a maximum.  Those little buggers just keep streaming in until the entire population is eventually represented in all but the oldest worlds.  Since 500 is about the population of the densest Human cities and Goblin tower-systems, then the dwarven populations tend to reach parity soon enough.  (The wars can get really devastating, however.)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 20, 2015, 02:44:28 pm »

When it comes back to me I'll limit the population and turn it off when I'm done.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 20, 2015, 02:47:47 pm »

You also need to actually give Clan-names to your starting seven and their wives/children if any, otherwise I'll lose them in the shuffle and won't know whether your clan has survived or not.  There's nobody named "Itsatrap!" in the save you posted.  That needs to be fixed before Saint can take his turn.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:50:58 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Itsatrap! Year 28-29 turn consolidated
« Reply #308 on: March 20, 2015, 03:14:19 pm »

Welcome one, welcome all. Rejoice! For this is the day that this clan has found not just a home, but a place for its lord. The lord will reveal himself soon, but now is not the time. Simply watch and learn from these dwarves as they go about their lives with a mission, a purpose. What that purpose is, well you'll soon see.

Journal of "xominxac" Likottogum: Today is the 10th of Obsidian, Late Winter, year 27. The others started doubting me when we took on this trek even after seeing all that he did for us. It took many months but we've finally arrived at the mountain of our Lord. He told us to come here to this place and get ready for war, war against the foul one. Right now it is up to us to wage war for our Lord while he regains his strength. His time shall come, and he shall kill the foul one through the hand of his servant, and we must do all we can to help his servant he comes.

We will start by digging into the side of this cliff where we will have a view of the volcano. I have been told by our Lord that the first thing we should do after settling in is to close it off and build temple for him on top where "the" ceremony will be performed.

Date: 25th of Slate, Mid-Spring, year 28

A little over two months have passed, thankfully without any problems.

We're still in the process of settling in but we now have temporary rooms for everyone and the main shaft is being dug out. As soon as we will have farms and the basic necessities up and running I plan to organize the construction of the temple. As of now

Early into the summer, the 25th of Hematite to be exact, Mafol Ostathadil was working on a bridge to the caldera. He suddenly noticed some figures in the distance "Migrants! Looks like four of them!" he hollered. As they approached me they introduced themselves.

The first one goes by the name of
Spoiler: Aban Alathzatam (click to show/hide)

The second is called
Spoiler: Asob Itebtangath (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bomrek Vabokluzat (click to show/hide)
claims to be a legendary metalcrafter and is married to
Spoiler: Wrathwell Olonstetted (click to show/hide)
who also arrived with her.

Autumn has come, and nothing has really happened yet. Trap corridors are being dug along with bedrooms for our clan. The volcano is slowly being prepared, no enemies have been spotted.

One thing though, traders from the mountainhomes have arrived. Wrathwell Vabokluzat came to me and offered to become our broker saying he had excellent experience in trading. He had one condition though. Seeing how we really have no one else with trading experience, he wanted to be compensated some how ([ooc]Iituem, you can demand something for me for using your dwarf not for his intended purpose[/ooc]). I grudgingly accepted.

"So what do you have for us?" one of the merchants asks Vabokluzat. "Well, we have... Psst, Likottogum, what exactly do we have for sale?"

"Umm, well, we just came here not so long ago, we don't really have anything."

"What do you mean "we don't really have anything"!? you said yourself we're running low on drinks and we should buy some more, so how am I supposed to buy some if you have nothing to sell?!"

"... We didn't come here to make crafts so we have nothing to sell, we came here to make a place for our Lord!"

"How do you expect to make a place for "your lord" if you have nothing to drink! Make something!"

With that, I ordered that someone make some short swords so we can buy some drinks from the merchant.

Midway through the trading I hear someone yell "More migrants are coming!". Our Lord told us that this was his sacred place, how do people even know about it?! They soon gather in the halls meeting and greeting everyone. I finish moving one of the new obsidian swords before gathering them all together by one of the workshops.

"I don't know how or why you found this place but welcome *cough* (my ass...) *cough*, pardon me, to this place! This is the sacred ground of my Lord. You know him as Kat Robustreign the Smoke of Quakes but only I have been given the knowledge of his true name. While you are here you will help us build his temple in any way you can. Now, what are your names?"

One of the migrants steps out from the group with a woman and what can only be her daughter.

"Hello, my name is

heh heh heh...  first second wave of migrants and you get a Goodbrews... That's great.

Corrected that for you  ;D

"Hello, my name is Father Goodbrews Savotdeler. I'm from the... Gah! I can't handle it anymore! Got anything to drink bud? I love a good peach cider."

"... What? Didn't you hear what I just said? Now that you're here you are going to hel-"

"Come on man, give it a rest already. The trip was long and boring enough as it is and now we have to hear you babble on about your mighty "lord".

"Now hold on a minute! How dare you go an-!"

"Geeze! Talk to me when I've had a drink. By the way, this is my wife and daughter. My handful of a daughter is called or Fara for short, and my wife goes by-"
"My name is and dear, you really shouldn't talk bad about Kat Robustreign like that, he is one of the Gods after all."
"One of the Gods, pfft yeah right. I heard he disappeared a long time ago after that whole incident at Blazedguards"
"Come on now, you'll feel better after a drink."

"Come back here! I'm not done talking to you yet. Grr... Anyone else want a drink?..." *Glare*

Seeing as how we have yet to make a grand dining hall of any kind the migrants and I got ourselves some drinks and went into one of the rooms that had yet to be claimed by anyone. Well, Asob claimed the bed for herself but that's just a technicality, I'm sure she wont mind us borrowing the room.

"Now, lets start over again." said Savotdeler. "I'm from a place called the Windy Tower of Drinking. We've had three battles against the Stirred Thief this year alone. Three of our dwarves have died from their assaults
Spoiler: Deaths (click to show/hide)
but we're holding out quite well so far with other minor losses to our animals. My family and I decided to take a break from the fighting to go on a trek to discover the best brews out there. Along the way we heard word about some dwarves who created a settlement right next to a volcano in the glacier. Since volcanic soil is amazing for berries and glacial water's pretty darn good for making brews with, I decided to stop on by and try out your stuff."

"Do you find it to your liking? I asked

"Well, that bilberry wine you have there is all right for someone just starting out but it's not nearly as good as the wine back home."

(:'()

"Look, my family could use a break from traveling. How about I help you out for a bit and teach you how to make a real brew? As long as I can make and drink booze made from your local berries I don't mind. One thing though, what was your name again? You know my name now but I don't have any idea who you are.  :P " Savotdeler stated.

"I'm 'xominxac' Likottogum (Inkyverses), expedition leader, manager and bookkeeper of this place and our group Itsatrap. Don't ask about our name, its a long story that I'd rather not explain to you right now." I replied. "I disapprove of your attitude toward my Lord and I will not have you badmouthing him. But, if you really are as good a brewer as you say you are I wouldn't mind having your around. We really could use some help in that regard."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I get in a bad mood when I haven't had anything to drink for a while. You can only drink water so long before you start feeling sluggish and can hardly think. So its fine then for me to stay for a bit?" Savotdeler asked.

"Yes, yes. I deem your services worthy, you can stay." I replied

"Cool man! You won't regret it."

"All right now. Who are the rest of you?" I asked.

and this is gloomy bloke here is
Spoiler: Athel Nubamoltar" (click to show/hide)

"Why are you so mean Ablel, also, why did I even go with you in the first place? Not like anything good will come out of traveling with all these wars going on..." Athel stated. "Also you really need to get your foot checked, you could die from infection it it isn't taken care of!"

"Someone will take a look at it in a bit." I said (Do we even have a doctor?) "Go ahead and continue."

"We're inspectors from Winehammers, making sure that this place is up to par with our standards."

"... How does everyone know about this place it's hardly been a year!"

"We have our sources sir. Please don't mind us, we'll just go about our business."

"Inspectors? Are you sure about this? Since when did Winehammers have the authority to say what's right and wrong? I pray the rest of you aren't inspectors as well?" I say as I wave at the remaining four.

"No. We just heard that there was a new place where we could make our fortunes so we came as a group. I'm this is and
Spoiler: Kib Nimarathel, (click to show/hide)
and

"That's it? You came here to earn your fortunes? (All I wanted was to make a place for my Lord...) You know what, fine. You can all stay as long as you help us build this place." I sighed resignedly. "I have more important things to worry about."

"So when are we going to get our own rooms man?"

"Just make yourselves busy already!"

With that our numbers increased to 20.

Meanwhile

"You better hurry up and bring those goods if you want to trade with us." Nish told 'Wrathwell' Vabokluzat.

"Oh don't you worry. You'll be amazed at what you see in just a moment, ah here comes Asob Itebtangath now."

"Here are the swords Vabokluzat, I hope its enough to get something."

"Shh! Don't go saying things like that, especially near... Nevermind, just get out of here and let me handle this. Now, what do you think of these obsidian swords Nish? Aren't they just superb?"

"I'd say only four of them are close to superb, the rest are sub-par. I can give you at most 700 worth in goods for those."

"Are you so sure? Come on now, why don't you take one for yourself. Have this one here."

"Hmm.."

"Here, how about we take those two bins of cloth and those copper bars for our lot of swords, what do you say?"

"All right. You have a deal." (Nish is pleased with the deal. "Those suckers, their goods were worth at least 1050.")

"Good, now if you'll pardon me I feel quite tired I think I'm going to take a na.."

"You all right?" Goodness she must have been tired, she fell asleep right next to the depot. "All right everyone! Were packing up and leaving this place. Till we meet again."

Just after our "meeting" ended I received some good news from Goden.

"We've stuck native gold!"

"Where at Goden?"

"Um, I forgot."

"Are you sure we stuck gold."

"Yes yes! I know we have it
Spoiler: somewhere." (click to show/hide)

It turns out that the gold is at the bottom of our soon to be trap pit. Hopefully there won't be any problems retrieving if we can't get it all out before any enemies come.

[Unbeknownst to everyone, wolverine men and women keep coming onto the map from time to time. They even passed right by the entrance once and no one noticed.]

"Hey chief, whats going on?"

"What's with the yaks Savotdeler? It seems like the're spooked by
Spoiler: something." (click to show/hide)

"Is that a magma crab? Are you seeing this as well? The're supposed to be in the volcano, not scaling the mountains."

"No, you're most definitely not seeing things. It looks like they decided to see what the surface is like and found some
Spoiler: Wolverine men (click to show/hide)
in the process."

"Quick! Someone get some traps ready at the bottom of the mountain! We got our selves some magma crabs to catch"

A few days later

"Traps are almost set up!" Cries Kel from the mountain base below.

"Get away from there now! They're on the move and I can't stop them!

"What? I cant hear you."

"I said get away!"

"All right, I'm moving, just let me set up this last trap. Holy smokes! You weren't kidding when you said they were coming!" A flying globule of magma hits Kel at this moment.

"Ouch! Hey cut that out! We only want to capture you. You're supposed to run this way, not shoot at me!"

Another globule hits him, this time it makes trough his cloak, hitting his upper body.

"Augh! Now you've done it, I'm on fire now!" [Kel is literally is on fire]

"Stop it Kel! We need them alive! Let your anger out on something else later!"

"No stopping me until this thing dies! That hurt!"

[A little while later and three combat pages later Kel emerges victorious against the magma crab]

"You're supposed to capture them not kill them Kel..."

"Look, I'm not just going to sit there and take it while it shoots glorified magma at me."

"Fine, I'll get the other one, and don't interfere this time."

"Too late for that. It's mine! Disgusting little bugger."

With that Kel singlehandedly killed both magma crabs before we even had the chance to capture them. My reasoning for why he was able to survive his upper body fat melting like that was because he had so much of it, he is a
Spoiler: corpulent (click to show/hide)
fellow.

Its so sad though. It was a male and female pair of magma crabs.  :'(

Kel is looking a little pale but other than that he's not complaining about his condition.

During this whole incident, "Gearmighty' had been recruited to make mechanisms and cages. I'd say she's outdone herself, she's gone and made the first
Spoiler: masterwork (click to show/hide)
this place has seen. It's not much but it's a place to start.

After being funned out from our loss of magma crabs, I requested Asob, Goden and 'Loric Deepson' do dig an exploratory mine shaft.

On the 28th of Moonstone, they hit the caverns. I myself am going head down and explore while they continue the dig. I won't deny I'm afraid I might find something dangerous but I know my Lord will protect me from harm.

So far there are no creatures down here at all. There is a thick layer of mud covering everything and no plants are in sight. Olivine, platinum, rock crystal and other gems dot the walls. Cave spider silk, thankfully not giant cave spider silk, can be spotted from time to time but that is all there is to see. No wait, there is something over there. It appears to be a
Spoiler: bottomless pit. (click to show/hide)
I say bottomless because I walked right up to the edge and I can't see the bottom. It must be at least 50 urists deep by my reckoning. Maybe this is the volcano's secondary pipe? Oh! The first signs of life. What strange creatures,
Spoiler: Elk Birds? (click to show/hide)
I hope they aren't hostile.

[By Quinmael at deviantart not mine at all.]

Well, that's all there is too see I'm going to head up for a drink.

13 days later

"Hey Likottogum the miners have
Spoiler: found another cavern. (click to show/hide)
This one is full of trees and other plants. What's more, there's a downward passage that seems to lead somewhere."

"Thank you Kell. I'll see to it in a bit."

23rd of Opal, 'Goodbrews' Uristfarash has grown to become a Dwarven child. That and we came upon We finally found the nether cap we needed. As a bonus, it looks like there are some Rutherers as well.

I was just wheeling some obsidian over to a stockpile when I hear Goden murmuring something about a great idea. He's gone and claimed one of the mason workshops and started working on something with some andesite.

How nice. Its a
Spoiler: statue (click to show/hide)
of us as we traveled to this mountain.

One year has passed. We're almost halfway done laying the foundation of the temple, but it will still take a long time.

12th Granite

Goden was in the middle of removing some of the ramps near the entrance when he heard a voice.

"Hey! You there! Is this the place those dwarves got trapped?"

"No."

"Stuck?

"No."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"Digging, can I help you?"

"Yes, where's the nearest place where I can scam someone?"

"Just up the hill and around the corner."

"Thanks!"

[The elven merchants from "The Wind of Cleaning" have some to clean out our stock for a very low price. Also, I just saw one of the wrathwell's who was a legendary miner climbing because he removed the ramps that were around him  :D]

A few days later

"I've had enough of this place! Fine take what you want but we're out of here!"

[Explanation: I forgot elves won't take obsidian swords so I offered one to them, they didn't like it. Since we have nothing else to trade them, I decided to swipe some of their fruit and call it good.]

27th Slate

I was just headed out to place some cages on the traps when a random dwarf climbs up the ledge next to me.

"Morning guvnah! My name's Zulban. Don't mind us, we're just moving in."

"Us?"

Married to Obok Sarveshsefol (Furnaceenter)
Married to Olon Abaloddom (Palecloisters)

I feel our time here is drawing to an end so I have everyone work on the foundation as fast as possible.

A few of us were interrupted as coyotes came but the coyotes were soon punched and kicked into submission (death).

We've also captured one of the giant moles and are now training it.

Looks like Mafol has barricaded himself in the mechanics workshop. What can he be up to?

Some magma crabs came to the surface to give birth to their young. Only to die to our dwarves. Four dwarves were going about their business when they spotted the crabs. For whatever the reason they soon had the impulse to murder the crabs. The crabs never saw it coming.

Some crundles have come up from the lowest cavern. The ran into the traps we placed at the top and now we have 5 captured, all male.

In other news, the human caravan has come.

17th Hematite

Too many people have come. I am going on a journey. Don't destroy everything. - Signed 'xominxac' Likottogum
P.S. Don't let the human caravan out till I come back.

As I walked away, 9 more dwarves walked in.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 20, 2015, 03:19:15 pm »

You also need to actually give Clan-names to your starting seven and their wives/children if any, otherwise I'll lose them in the shuffle and won't know whether your clan has survived or not.  There's nobody named "Itsatrap!" in the save you posted.  That needs to be fixed before Saint can take his turn.

Yes, I need to know which dwarves to slaughter.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 20, 2015, 04:07:45 pm »

I'm updating the Illustrated Clans right now.  You'll soon see who has survived this year's massive goblin attacks.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 20, 2015, 04:09:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure I changed their names, maybe I just changes their profession to Itsatrap. Also, are you a saint or are you a demon?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 20, 2015, 04:19:30 pm »

I'm pretty sure I changed their names, maybe I just changes their profession to Itsatrap. Also, are you a saint or are you a demon?

I was evicted for a reason

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 20, 2015, 04:36:46 pm »

I'll go modify the save so itsatrap is their name and not profession.

Edit: Actually, no I won't. All I have to say is GL finding any of my dwarves if you come my way.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 04:41:19 pm by xominxac »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 20, 2015, 06:57:32 pm »

I'll go modify the save so itsatrap is their name and not profession.

Edit: Actually, no I won't. All I have to say is GL finding any of my dwarves if you come my way.

OK, if you check the rules in the OP though, you'll find what happens if you don't.  Thank you for pointing out this loophole.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 07:05:02 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29