Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Save file too corrupted - sry guys  (Read 70847 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24)
« Reply #225 on: March 05, 2015, 05:58:35 am »

D:
well, less competition for clan stonecleaver by the sound of it
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2015, 12:12:22 pm »

What would happen if a fortress fell and everyone died before the 1st 2 years were up? Or if just all of the original 7 dwarves were killed?
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so" Galileo

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2015, 05:29:04 pm »

What would happen if a fortress fell and everyone died before the 1st 2 years were up? Or if just all of the original 7 dwarves were killed?

That's a fair question.  In my mind, that would be part of the game.  Since the Forii are eternal, I imagine they'd have to create a Minor Clan and wait for their turn to ascend to Major Clan-hood:  "Better luck next time".  (All the original 7 and all of thier children, I'm assuming you mean.)

That might be part of the regular cycle, where Clans form, rise, fall, get replaced by other Clans, ect... until enough Dwarves have been born or become strong enough that the NPC races and various other deadlies aren't ganking them left and right anymore.  I've been following the Human and Goblin civ interactions and they've been busy conquering each-other for the past six in-game years.  That's led to a depletion of their overall populations.  The Dwarves, on the other hand, have been exploding population-wise with the influx of all these new Clans.  Until we get some adventurers out meeting humans or gobs, we won't see those populations start to rise.  Besides, their biggest battles are between groups of 12-20.  The Dragon has only killed maybe fifteen in the entire history so far, and the Tundra Titan, another dozen-ish, so the booming Dwarven population should be able to absorb those kinds of numbers pretty easily.

There's also the option of getting your Clan together, married and having kids, then intentionally abandoning the original Clan Home so that the Family isn't wiped out by a local necromancer or something.  While an existing Clan doesn't get another two years to set up their new Clan Home, that is an option to keep the members of the Clan alive in a period between turns.  On your turn, just re-embark at the Clan home and get everybody sleeping under a roof again, and we have basically a nomadic Clan who get together every so often at the Clan Home site for Clan Meets - maybe to determine who the new chosen one will be or something.  Another strategy that has been mentioned before is to get some Clan members as Adventurer companions and go retire them in some other place than the Clan-home.

As we've already seen, a few of the Saint Clan have emigrated out to the Stonecleaver Clan-home and have been enjoying their dwarven hospitality.  Heck, from what I can tell, one of the recent non-Clan immigrants from The Fair Works has married into the Stonecleaver Clan, but is friends with many of the Saint Clan-members, so there might be an alliance between those two Clans forming already.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:06:14 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 05, 2015, 08:30:21 pm »

As we've already seen, a few of the Saint Clan have emigrated out to the Stonecleaver Clan-home and have been enjoying their dwarven hospitality.  Heck, from what I can tell, one of the recent non-Clan immigrants from The Fair Works has married into the Stonecleaver Clan, but is friends with many of the Saint Clan-members, so there might be an alliance between those two Clans forming already.
over my dead body!
my hospitality consists of being locked in a room where you farm and brew your own plump helmets
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2015, 08:45:38 pm »

Friendly reminder, everyone!

I get to go first as an adventurer next round! :D

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 05, 2015, 10:09:02 pm »

Has anyone else had migrants from other clans?  I was surprised that I got five, although I did expect some

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 05, 2015, 10:56:55 pm »

I didn't get any, but that may be because the Brewers are from the Lush Federation and that civ has a different emigration culture...

(edit:  Apparently not.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:46:23 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2015, 04:09:51 am »

At the end of year one.  Probably have the turn done in two to three days.  Not a great deal has happened, barring some sacrifices who just - wouldn't - die and the arrival of Papa Goodbrews, Mrs Goodbrews and the founding pair of the Murderpaddles Clan.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2015, 04:27:17 am »

Ah yes, the Goodbrews Clan is out promoting their wares, making the rounds and creating bonds with another Major Clan.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2015, 11:27:29 am »

Fuck you, Goodbrews!  No less than eight clanmember Goodbrews have immigrated to the Well of Spite in the first year, and it's playing merry devil with my sacrifice setups.  There are now more Goodbrews than Wrathwells at the Well!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2015, 12:50:12 pm »

Fuck you, Goodbrews!  No less than eight clanmember Goodbrews have immigrated to the Well of Spite in the first year, and it's playing merry devil with my sacrifice setups.  There are now more Goodbrews than Wrathwells at the Well!

Sounds like they're trying to snuff your clan out with their numbers or perhaps intermingle and partake of your riches.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2015, 02:45:32 pm »

Think of us like extended family - the kind with fifteen kids who just show up in their RV and camp out in your driveway for the next few months playing loud gypsy band music ...wearing grass skirts while drinking "only the best wine" and waxing poetic about the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin in honey-apple reduction they ate the other day.  (Mmmm mmm so delicious!)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 03:22:18 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2015, 02:49:49 pm »

...eight?  I thought there were only seven?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2015, 02:53:31 pm »

...eight?  I thought there were only seven?

Maybe one of them is married.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2015, 03:07:11 pm »

Four Goodbrew Patriarchs, all married.  (I count in-laws as Goodbrews for truce purposes, since dwarves have been known to get iffy about remarrying.)  One of those pairs has actually given birth, as I'll detail in the full report when I get around to it.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29