Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Save file too corrupted - sry guys  (Read 70770 times)

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24)
« Reply #315 on: March 20, 2015, 08:13:19 pm »

You also need to actually give Clan-names to your starting seven and their wives/children if any, otherwise I'll lose them in the shuffle and won't know whether your clan has survived or not.  There's nobody named "Itsatrap!" in the save you posted.  That needs to be fixed before Saint can take his turn.

Yes, I need to know which dwarves to slaughter.

I'm pretty sure I changed their names, maybe I just changes their profession to Itsatrap. Also, are you a saint or are you a demon?

I was evicted for a reason

I'll go modify the save so itsatrap is their name and not profession.

Edit: Actually, no I won't. All I have to say is GL finding any of my dwarves if you come my way.

OK, if you check the rules in the OP though, you'll find what happens if you don't.  Thank you for pointing out this loophole.

Did you change that just now? I've gone and changed it from profession to nickname. Link is the same.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 08:26:07 pm by xominxac »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 21, 2015, 01:16:42 am »

You also need to actually give Clan-names to your starting seven and their wives/children if any, otherwise I'll lose them in the shuffle and won't know whether your clan has survived or not.  There's nobody named "Itsatrap!" in the save you posted.  That needs to be fixed before Saint can take his turn.

Yes, I need to know which dwarves to slaughter.

I'm pretty sure I changed their names, maybe I just changes their profession to Itsatrap. Also, are you a saint or are you a demon?

I was evicted for a reason

I'll go modify the save so itsatrap is their name and not profession.

Edit: Actually, no I won't. All I have to say is GL finding any of my dwarves if you come my way.

OK, if you check the rules in the OP though, you'll find what happens if you don't.  Thank you for pointing out this loophole.

Did you change that just now? I've gone and changed it from profession to nickname. Link is the same.

I did update it just now, to communicate the spirit of the rules more precisely in the light of your interpretation.  I really appreciate you finding that semantic loophole so that I can communicate what is actually required to make the game run more smoothly.  Thanks for that and keep up the good work! (No sarcasm, actual gratitude)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 21, 2015, 04:46:46 am »

First page updated to early Year 29

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Awaiting Turn Confirmation
« Reply #318 on: March 22, 2015, 06:05:21 am »

wow so many dead goodbrews... I guess I don't have to fear the brewer/cook ninjas after all
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2015, 11:41:00 am »

Yeah, the past decade has been brutal with goblins.  Although I do find it interesting that it was the Goodbrews Clan in the thick of the battles, attempting to keep the Wrathwells alive even though they were of a competing Clan.  (Honor, Glory and Peach Cider!)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:44:12 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 23, 2015, 01:58:13 pm »

dl'd

Edit: we still doing half-year fort modes before a two week adv mode? A half year isnt much time to accomplish a great deal.  Dwarves live for mearly two centuries, so I submit we increase the play time from a half-year to year.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:23:51 pm by evictedSaint »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 23, 2015, 09:19:57 pm »

I agree, on the condition we get a third week adventure mode to balance it out a bit
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 23, 2015, 10:00:39 pm »

I agree, on the condition we get a third week adventure mode to balance it out a bit

Well, the 15 day (14 nights) limit was to keep a single adventurer (i.e. me) from having enough time to wipe the map completely clean. They might be able to purge the invading forii from a stronghold or two, but time will be up before they can get much further.  22 days (21 nights) is very much not in your best interest, neblime.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 24, 2015, 12:13:39 am »

but won't our sites be all the better established for the larger amount of fort mode time, requiring more preparation and training for an adventurer to destroy?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 24, 2015, 12:37:16 am »

Let's keep to the original arrangement for a full round of turns before we decide whether to change the arrangement.  Two years to set up your Clamhome, then two seasons to maintain it afterwards and a bit of time to set up reprisals or defenses.  As it stands, the goblins are attacking multiple times a season.  I've been considering going the other direction, letting it be either two seasons OR 15 days of adventurer per turn.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 24, 2015, 12:39:26 am »

I think having to make the choice might be fun
but yeah.. goblins :\  hopefully the rampage ends there and we can get back to killing EACH OTHER

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 24, 2015, 01:16:55 am »

Let's keep to the original arrangement for a full round of turns before we decide whether to change the arrangement. ... I've been considering going the other direction, letting it be either two seasons OR 15 days of adventurer per turn.

+1 to first and/or second.

I would agree that its very easy to kill things in adventure mode, in two days I went and wiped out a dwarven civ (on a different map), found and wiped out a goblin army camp which included its overlord and also killed about 40 other notable creatures plus creatures from lairs.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 24, 2015, 01:45:57 am »

OK, after we've all had our turn this round of 2 weeks + 15 days, I'll set the option for an either/or turn instead, Each Forii with a Major Clan at that time will get a vote, with the majority deciding to change to that new option or not. 
We'll call it:
"The Council of Doom"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:05:16 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Now Playing: The Saint Clan
« Reply #328 on: March 29, 2015, 07:17:36 pm »

wow the family trees look great
why are my dwarves so lonely ;_;

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Now Playing: The Saint Clan
« Reply #329 on: March 29, 2015, 07:49:39 pm »

I'll have my turn posted by tomorrow afternoon
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29