Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Shall we wait for Blaze to get back, since he has a major roll?

Gladly. He has a major roll
- 4 (44.4%)
Yeah, I guess, but there should be no major rolls in a RTD
- 1 (11.1%)
No, But I we should keep his roll in this RTD in mind
- 4 (44.4%)
No.  And there should be no major rolls in an RTD
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: February 15, 2015, 08:57:25 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Roll to Serve  (Read 11865 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Serve
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2015, 04:54:39 pm »

Don a suicide bomber vest and scare some peeps into giving me all their monies.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2015, 05:16:34 pm »

"I screwed up bad. I'll make it right, Boss. You can count on me."
Accept whatever role the DonChain Owner is offering. Follow orders.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2015, 05:49:03 pm »

befriend some the higher ups as well as doing my job

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2015, 05:56:02 pm »

Run away, ask mafia for help, and in turn, pledge allegiance.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2015, 08:39:16 pm »

Kill them, fast. No one must know.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

blazing glory

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2015, 08:53:13 pm »

Starn lowers his revolver.
"So what will you be having me do now boss?"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2015, 09:51:51 pm »

I do apologize. I must have accidentally skipped over your turn. Let me fix that now.

You sign the paperwork, and suddenly it disappears in a puff of smoke. . .  So much smoke. . ..  To much smoke! It burns your eyes and makes it extremely hard to breath. You cough incessantly. And then you wake up. You are in a ninja costume. . . . in a white room. There are five items in front of you. A throwing star. A strange vial. A scroll. A spear. A chain whip.
You feel you have six choices, but you must choose one.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2015, 07:49:02 am »

keep working as hard as possible. make a sign advertising mcV and fill all the gaps (except manager) while bosses are away
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2015, 12:22:31 pm »

I do apologize. I must have accidentally skipped over your turn. Let me fix that now.

You sign the paperwork, and suddenly it disappears in a puff of smoke. . .  So much smoke. . ..  To much smoke! It burns your eyes and makes it extremely hard to breath. You cough incessantly. And then you wake up. You are in a ninja costume. . . . in a white room. There are five items in front of you. A throwing star. A strange vial. A scroll. A spear. A chain whip.
You feel you have six choices, but you must choose one.

Cool! A scroll! I like magic!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

blazing glory

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2015, 02:55:56 pm »

((Little advance warning, I'll be inactive for the latter half of today, fully inactive for tomorrow, and inactive for most of the day after.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2015, 09:02:02 pm »

two days to vote
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2015, 08:57:16 am »

Extinguish the fire.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

blazing glory

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2015, 11:27:59 pm »

Don't let me hold everyone up.

I'm back but due to shenanigans involving me forgetting my computer password, I am in no way active right now.

You don't have to wait for me to get everything in order before updating though.

blazing glory

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2015, 01:38:41 am »

Alright, things are good now, I am fully back and ready to serve.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2015, 06:51:24 pm »

CLEAN THE CUSTOMERS!
(+1 for beloved mascot, -1 for socially awkward, -1 for zombie) [3-1] You try to clean customers, and, though they love you from afar, you learn that, undead, burnt flesh stinks. And people, do not like it.

RUN. TO A PLACE THAT HAS EQUIPMENT THAT CAN ENABLE ONE TO DEVOUR ALL ORGANIC STUFF IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
(-2 you dont know where to find that. -1 being fired at)[3-3] you dont find any place like that, at all. Not that you had the funds for such a thing, anyway. (-1 distracted by looking for a store) [5-1] You keep running and running as bullets fall along side you like hail. You even run though a cabbage cart, which is, from the mournful cry of the salesman, probably riddled with bullets, now.

More advertising for McViolent and slandering the Ninja Dojo.
I will need you to specify how you do this, now. It will affect the rolls.

Greetings! I am a completely normal costumer, totally not an alien.
(-1 bad at verbally hiding that you are an alien) [1-1] Before you get a chance to speak, you hear screaming and mass panic. You try to calm everyone down but, something about the soothingness of your voice seems to freak them out more. Several gunshots are fired through the masses, and you feel sharp pain in your lower second ear pod.

Don a suicide bomber vest and scare some peeps into giving me all their monies.
you have three stores to choose from, for now. McViolent, Ninja Dojo, or Paranoia Siren.

"I screwed up bad. I'll make it right, Boss. You can count on me."
Accept whatever role the DonChain Owner is offering. Follow orders.
Your knew Don chain owner looks at Blazing. "Ask him, not me. He is your new boss."

befriend some the higher ups as well as doing my job
how will you do that

Kill them, fast. No one must know.
(+1 they are still rolling in confusion) [9+1] No matter how pissed they are, they are looking at you as though they don't know how to handle you. Whether they should kill you on the spot, or knock you out, and take you to the boss for questioning. Thankfully, you were hired for your quick decisions and cut of your jib, of which the Don himself said he liked. So you open fire. The fire fight is short, yet grand. You zen out, no longer following your targets with just your eyes, but focusing on everything. Three go down in a riddle of bullets, an five more pop out of the store to take their place. You jump from your not cover, just in time to dodge their hail, and behind a rather sturdy car. A grenade rolls from under it, and before you have a good chance to look at it, you pick it and pull the pin, and wait two seconds before tossing it. There is a large explosion, and two bodies go flying over you, chard and blackened like over cooked stake. You sprint back and pop off a wall, sailing over the car in a beautiful ark, and tuck and roll, two new handguns in your hand. The seven surviving gangsters are surprised by this feet, as you land behind them. Before they have the chance to turn their head, though, two, four, six shots ring off, and you stare up, dead into the eyes of the last surviving man. His eyes open wide in fear, as he knows what is comming next. Seconds later, you walk away from the burning building, boddies laying everywhere, and safe in the knowlage that you left no soul alive. this will make your job much harder, but, you are now combat hardened, and know how to handle yourself liek a boss, in a fire fight.

Starn lowers his revolver.
"So what will you be having me do now boss?"
"Go back to the shop, for now. Dont let it fall to ruins. Its my cover, you know. And hire three more guns. From inside the company. You never know when I might call on yous all to do a mission." He gets back in the car, and leaves you to the long walk back to the store. . . .  where there is a strange, multi-headed, multi-tentacled, alien screaming in weird accordion language at everyone, throwing up and making obscene gestures and scaring the guest. and its bleeding orange-yellow all over the floor. ewww.

keep working as hard as possible. make a sign advertising mcV and fill all the gaps (except manager) while bosses are away
(-1 working hard,  -1 doing many things at once, -1 not knowing what gaps are missing) [7-3] You do your best to cover everything and help every situations. Though, at one point in time, you get so annoyed by the commotion that one customer was generating, you shoot him in his oddly shaped knees, otherwise, you do a good job of covering over everything in such a difficult situation. not perfect, but an ok, job. there is still the commotion going on, but, at least everyone who is screaming is getting food, and you are getting their money, without short changing the business. (cant say as much for costumers.)

Cool! A scroll! I like magic!
You grab the scroll as your mind is filled with numbers. You find that your costume has turned grey, and you know know you are a cashier. . . . well, that is inaccurate. Your job is to wait for people to order their food, and then, take their money, or credit cards, without them noticing. That means, you must also take their orders without them knowing that you are even there. You also begin to notice several other trainees. All holding a scroll. These scrolls, you suddenly understand, are blood contracts. You open it, and feel thousands of animals pour into your mind. . . .  like a roulette, spinning and spinning. and the number of animals seem to be shrinking. You quickly cut your finger on something and press down on the paper, hard. [9]

Extinguish the fire.
(-1 frantic, -1 fire already extinguished by insane) [2-2] you pour oil on the smoldering flame the instant that insane poors water on it to kill it. Insane rushes to get more water to douse the burning register once more, and then slaps you in the back of the head, before screaming starts in the back of the shop. You start to get back to work before a gunshot makes you cover your ears. Insane looks very stressed indeed. Maybe you should take a brake and let him handle this.

I am sorry to be asking you to do this work for me, but, i would like you all who have been playing to post, at least, for this action, your job, in this game, and the company you work for. It is for the purpose of me recording and updating the notes I have. also, if you know you have any positives or negatives due to any events that occurred during this game, it will help me to list those two.

It took me two days and three tries to write all of this. Not to mention hours of research to find the right summon creatures.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6