Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Prussia to HRE?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Era of Diesel: War of Europeia, Discussion Thread!  (Read 11033 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Era of Diesel: War of Europeia, Discussion Thread!
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2015, 05:02:38 pm »

Hey, don't forget France! Culise just needs to build harbors, get some fleets and then cross ~3 sea regions to strike USSR! Half a year delay tops! :P

Hee.  On the bright side, the Franco-Russian Research Treaty might end up being the shortest diplomatic agreement on record: one phase in one turn from signing to war.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2015, 05:06:15 pm »

Actually, I only need to take one province and then troops can pour into the scandinavian theatre. The HRE won't be able to retaliate against me given that 0-5 is way outmatched by 5-9 on the rols. They literally need a 6 and for me to roll 1s to even have a chance of a TIE :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2015, 05:07:56 pm »

What's the HRE's position on the Russian aggression though? Will they help the Republik?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2015, 05:11:29 pm »

"On hearing of the Soviet invasion of Norway, the German Emperor was heard to exclaim, 'No more lutefisk?' from his hospital bed, then promptly collapsed again of a second apoplectic shock.  The Republic of France has denounced this lack of response, with Citizen-Secretary Valles heard to comment, 'He likes lutefisk?  Just another example of Viennese barbarism.'" 

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2015, 05:16:01 pm »

Ok, more seriously, his graciousness the Basileus Shebos, always concerned with maintaining peace in Europe when that mean keeping its rival weak, wholeheartedly support Prussia's diplomatic actions and will back them up with force of arms. We encourage all other European powers to do so, except those pesky Italians, because they smell funny.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2015, 05:23:29 pm »

All well and good.  But for now, the chairman shall await the response of the Statthalter to redivide territory and declare peace.

Edit:  The going rate currently is, very subject to negotiation:

Cede north sweden and north finland to the USSR, in exchange for south sweden, peace, and the protection of mighty mother russia.

I am also considering a swap of south sweden for north finland, in exchange for the complete disarmament of sweden and transfer of the baltic fleet to my control (should hatkitty allow it), but that's more iffy.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:55:13 pm by Lucus Casius »

Comatose

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Forum Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2015, 07:57:55 pm »

Transcript of Statthalter Albrecht von Hambourg's emergency address to the Federal Parliament of the Hanseatic Republic

"Herr Sprecher, Esteemed Members of Parliament and, indeed, all citizens of the Hanseatic Republik of Schleswig-Holstein and the Scandinavian Territories:

Not a fortnight has passed since February 2nd, 1900 - a date which will live in infamy - the Hanseatic Republik was suddenly and deliberately attacked by armed forces of the USSR.

The Hanseatic Republik was at peace with that nation, and was still looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Baltic.

It will be recorded that the manner and rapidity at wich the Soviets attacked makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many weeks or even months ago.

This heinous attack and occupation of the Province of Norway and Central Sweden has caused severe damage to Hanseatic military capabilities. I regret to tell you that very many Hanseatic lives have been lost.

These Soviet villains dare to cite our efforts to better protect the Swedish citizens of the republic as justification to war. I tell you, the citizens of our Republic, that we will not give in to the rapacious demands of tyranny. Our Esteemed Allies, France and Prussia, along with any nation who holds such actions in contempt, stand together to beat away the Soviet threat!"

[The Hanseatic Parliament stands in applause]
Dabbling Forum Poster
Adequate Dwarf Fortress Player
Proficient Forum Lurker

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2015, 02:55:55 am »

Actually, I only need to take one province and then troops can pour into the scandinavian theatre. The HRE won't be able to retaliate against me given that 0-5 is way outmatched by 5-9 on the rols. They literally need a 6 and for me to roll 1s to even have a chance of a TIE :D

Wait where did you get HRE's rolls being 0-5? v:

Monarchy doesn't have -1 combat roll bonus for like, ages now.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2015, 04:38:58 am »

Oh. Still, same odds of success really :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2015, 05:02:15 am »

[...]
These Soviet villains dare to cite our efforts to better protect the Swedish citizens of the republic as justification to war. I tell you, the citizens of our Republic, that we will not give in to the rapacious demands of tyranny. Our Esteemed Allies, France and Prussia, along with any nation who holds such actions in contempt, stand together to beat away the Soviet threat!"

[The Hanseatic Parliament stands in applause]
Meanwhile in a similar universe, wherein the topographical map is personified and turned into a comedic alteration of politics and given life, Britain waves at the Hanseatic Republic and asks one thing.

"Why don't you ask our help--those who can actually reach you in a turn or two?"

The Isles nudges Denmark with creative use of the oceanic plate separating the two landmasses.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2015, 07:19:11 am »

Maybe the HRE would allow belligerents to cross it territory, in exchange for payment in RPs or some other currencies?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2015, 07:54:29 am »

Maybe the HRE would allow belligerents to cross it territory, in exchange for payment in RPs or some other currencies?
I don't think we can RP trade here (unlike in Glowcat's), the OP is perfectly similar to yours int hat context (you can only trade TECH as BLUEPRINTS or PROVINCES).

Though I think you should really clarify the naval part of the OP. It has me confused, due to the wording and its pertinence to how armies move. Like how far, and the "capacity". :-\

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2015, 08:15:46 am »

Land -> navy -> land.

You can move 1 army per 1 fleet stationed in the sea :v

How is that hard.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2015, 08:26:41 am »

Land -> navy -> land.

You can move 1 army per 1 fleet stationed in the sea :v

How is that hard.
Well... :-\
I thought it meant
You can move 1 army stack per 1 fleet stationed in the sea :v
So for each # of fleet in a water tile, that many land armies may be transported--hence why my post (and not Lucus') was structured like that ._.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2015, 08:30:57 am »

Hold on Haspen, somehow the HRE has 18 units when it has 23 on the map! Something's gone wrong there in that case :/

Also, are conditional attack orders allowed at all?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:33:01 am by Taricus »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12