Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 68447 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1
« Reply #840 on: April 26, 2015, 08:24:42 pm »

"He 's probably in the village. He seems the sort to check on it first. Let's ask him now."
[/quote]
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 26, 2015, 08:34:48 pm »

Acacia threw one last look at Danira before heading back to the village/keep with Charles and Mordecai.

"Oh lord one of those types..."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:12:44 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 26, 2015, 08:37:35 pm »

"Hrmph. If he does not hurry then I shall assume you are all lying bandits, and deal with you accordingly."

: "As you command, Lord Heston." He became aware of the ruckus back at the keep and hurried forward.

: "You are...Count Zhardif, yes? Why do you threaten one of Lord Heston's retainers?"

"Because one of them is a criminal who has trespassed on my lands and stolen my property, and the other is peasant who does not know her place."

Charles returned with Mordecai. He didn't take kindly to the man's threats but knew better than to try and start something. For now at least. he whispered a quiet: "back down, please" to Vara as he passed her to stand in front of the count.

"Here I am Count Zhardif. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"FINALLY! What kind of lord wanders off when he should be leading his people?"

"Especially when some of them are so unfit for service... You should reconsider bringing criminals and uppity low-born to war."

"Which is where you are going."

Caroline waits for the hunters to untie the prisoner and drag her to wherever there is a holding pen before taking herself and Tirena back down towards the village.

Klessen and Trakri finally gather a crew able to help bury the dead and draft up plans to repair the village.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 26, 2015, 08:41:31 pm »

Vara took her hand off her sword hilt and fell back a few steps, silently cursing her hair choice. She continued to glare at the count though. She wanted it to be clear that she was backing down because Charles had asked her to do so, not because of anything the count had said.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 26, 2015, 09:08:45 pm »

"I was tying up some loose ends in regards to this attack on my fief."

"Completely understandable if you ask me."

He held back a sigh.

"I can't say I'm surprised to learn that. Is there anything else?"

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 26, 2015, 09:34:16 pm »

"What else? I haven't even told you all the details yet."

"Lance Marshal Serihilde has called for a levy from each of the counties. You are to take your... army... and whatever else you somehow manage to recruit within a fortnight north to Daxon Keep where she is attempting to assemble a warhost at the behest of the Crown-Princess. She hopes to take one of their cities while the Letian-Bretian forces are entangled with the Shield Marshal's forces in Vendeland."

"I have chosen you and another minor lord of Endsdale to lead the token force she expects. Isn't it nice of me, to grant you these opportunities?"

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 26, 2015, 09:45:38 pm »

As Lilie is heading back to the Keep, she is snapped out of her sullen mood by the sight of the visitors. There doesn't seem to be any fighting but she can tell from Vara's body language that things aren't friendly, and chooses to keep back out of sight and watch.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 10:13:51 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 26, 2015, 10:11:08 pm »

Ah, volunteering us to die? Fat bastard...

"But of course it is. Allowing me to prove myself in your place so that I might advance and become your equal."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 10:20:07 pm by F.O.E. »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 26, 2015, 10:14:55 pm »

Lilie watches as the talking between the two men very rapidly advances nowhere, and decides to take a peek in the old book she had picked up. She felt a bit bad, but maybe it's what the old lady would have wanted?

Read Family Tome.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 26, 2015, 10:22:04 pm »

While Charles was having his snark-off, Acacia stayed silent in the background. He seemed to be handling things well enough, and there was no telling what the old bastard would think of somebody like her...

She had other things on her mind anyways. What she had almost said to Danira, about blaming Red for sending her here... were Acacia's parent's really wrong about what they had said? It still didn't feel like it excused how cowardly they had been in her mind but...

Come to think of it, Danira's statements had reminded her of an old story from her childhood. Something about a traveling information broker and assassins? Eh, it probably wasn't important. That had happened ages ago right? And she had always thought that at least some of the stories of her great-grandmother had to have been exaggerated.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 10:25:42 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 26, 2015, 10:39:26 pm »

"But of course it is. Allowing me to prove myself in your place so that I might advance and become your equal."

Zhardif gave Charles a scathing look. "Yes. It is good that you recognize your place and aspire to emulate your betters."

"Because you will need every hand available I suppose I may overlook the transgressions of those you call your servants."

"And I believe that is all. I needed to see how you were managing the fief. By law it is within the boundaries granted to me, but I suppose it is fine if you hold onto it for now if you can at least fight off common bandits. A feast to introduce your Count is expected but I understand if you are unable to accomplish even such a simple feat in your condition."

Read Family Tome.

Lilie skims the large text and collection of drawings of the family and its history. Particularly Garro and Sylvia "Sly"'s days when there were younger... and Sylvia had another family. Before then they were like most Brettian "bandits", extracting tolls on those passing their parts of the forest, but when the last war broke out their lands were seized by Molvonian forces and Sylvia's family were burned alive inside of their homestead. Garro was the only one there for her and they started a new family... as well as their reign of terror.

Most of the tome after that tells of their exploits in territory that was annexed. Defeating Molvonian soldiers, burning down their supply trains, and, of course, robbing their wealthy blind. Her first son was a part of that as well, and after success went off to start a family of his own when Ethan became somewhat competent at their work. Eventually the pair were able to find (and pay for) a magus who helped Sly extend her fertility and they had Danira, who was the last of their brood.

There's also a list of kinfolk, close and distant, as well as a list of friends and contacts in Westshire.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 26, 2015, 11:17:30 pm »

"If you enjoy outdoor dining...

"I'm sure we could put something together."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 26, 2015, 11:30:39 pm »

"With what? Common goatsmilk? Pfah. I would rather dine at home." Zhardif pulls his mount's reigns to turn.

"Come Layek. I think I've made my point here."

"Move out men!" The aide gestured for the knights to head back south, which the group readily complied with. Charles and his group were left to their own devices again...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 26, 2015, 11:33:50 pm »

After a moment of silence, Mordecai approached Charles.

: "How did the village fare? Were there many casualties?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 26, 2015, 11:38:34 pm »

"Asshole."

Vara kicked the dirt in front of her and then sighed.

"I'm sorry sir. I lost my temper. I'm not us... I don't like it when someone threatens one of my companions. But I shouldn't have acted the way I did, it reflected poorly on you."
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 67