Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 68683 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Prologue
« Reply #360 on: March 18, 2015, 09:42:28 pm »

Her teacher had returned, and Tirena didn't seem to be interested in her company.

"I'll practice as much as I can. The druidic tome seems harmless, so it should be safe...
But why was the reaction from the dread tome so much stronger? It can't just be the lack of control, can it?
Oh, and my wounds are fine. The cuts were painful but very shallow. They've stopped bleeding already, look.

Lilie shows Morde her hands.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:44:12 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 18, 2015, 10:10:53 pm »

"Well, I'm going to go get started on that practice. If you need me for something, I'll probably be in a quiet and secluded place. I'll need my concentration, after all."

Heads off somewhere quiet to go practice dark magic using the Druidic tome.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 18, 2015, 11:12:22 pm »

Charles sat in his chair, his arms resting on the arm rests. Whenever there was a switch he would shift in his seat, he wasn't used to sitting for so long, especially not in the morning. He did his best not to look bored as the morning proceding dragged on. While it was true that he wanted to help people, the concerns were all so petty that all he could do is say, "I'll look into it," and usher in the next villager. Naturally when Acacia walked in it was a welcome relief to the tedium.

"You're first name's... Acacia, right?" he asked as he wracked his brain. Acacia Bribush... he repeated mentally. It sounded familiar... Oh! "It's been a long time since that party, hasn't it?"

He almost apologized for the fate of her family but stopped himself; there was no need to bring that up and she probably didn't want his pity. He cleared his throat.

"So, what have you come here for?"

"Well the thing is..."

"It's seems that her majesty has not forgiven my parents for their transgressions against the king. Since the death of my brother the two of them have gone so damn soft that-"

"Er, my apologies for going off track. What I was getting to was that I've decided to take matters into my own hands to regain my family's honor. And since I heard a certain someone was looking for retainers..."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 18, 2015, 11:25:26 pm »

Vara had snuck off from the courtyard after Lilie had hurt herself, having no more interest in having memories brought back to the surface. She'd instead ended up watching the audience going on. The girl had strange armor, but seemed like an interesting addition if Charles decided to let her join. She quietly mused to herself.

"Hmm... seems she's some sort of noble as well... That old man looks like he belongs in a library or something, wonder why he's here. Probably just wants to ask the lord something."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 18, 2015, 11:46:50 pm »

"I see," Charles mumbled to himself.

So that's what happened... Charles couldn't help but think of his older brother now. While he had always been above him, he never let it affect their relationship; though ever since Charles had let Kristi stay he'd been a little distant. If his brother died in the war he wondered what would happen to his family now that he was no longer there to be his brother's replacement. Would his sister take over?

"Well, that's one way to go about it. I'll let you join but I'd like to see you fight. I've been sitting all moring and need a little exercise, you up for it?"

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 19, 2015, 12:05:52 am »

The old man, was his part, was currently snoozing away in the corner, trying to get some well deserved rest after a long trip.  Though he'd been welcomed warmly enough by old friends and comrades-in-arms still alive to reminisce about old battles, and nigh-as-well by many others, the walking he'd insisted on had been rough for someone of his advanced age.  The yelling at an old estate a few days past had been even moreso.  Still, he was content enough leaning against a pillar as opposed to a bed, and he was in no particular hurry to speak with the little lord now reigning in this hall.

"Mmmmgh..."

He yawns, his eyes opening until he could blink at the nearby girl, raising one of his bushy eyebrows at her hair.

"Ahh, sorry, my girl.  I hadn't known the Queen was interested enough in this border hall to send one of her... cousins?  Half-sisters?"

His voice lowered to a grumble, and he spoke more to himself than the one before him.

"Hmph.  Wouldn't surprise me if the girl's father was the type to leave a trail of them."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 19, 2015, 12:08:02 am »

Vara blinked as the old man seemingly woke up and thought she was one of the royal family.

"I... I'm sorry? I'm not a member of the royal family, if that's what you're implying..."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 19, 2015, 12:15:49 am »

"Of course. A true Bribush is always up for a fight! Should I go grab my helmet or will we just head to the courtyard?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 19, 2015, 12:18:42 am »

"Eh?  What?"

The old man rubs his eyes, clearing the last of the sleep from them.

"Hmph.  Hair such as yours was the sign of the royal family in my youth.  Is it no longer illegal for those outside of it to have that color?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 19, 2015, 12:23:37 am »

"Ah, uhm, no. They got rid of that rule. How... how long have you been gone to not know that?"

Crap, out of all the things that could have possibly given me away, I never would have guessed it was my hair. They had specific color for royalty?? At least no one else has mentioned it.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 19, 2015, 12:25:51 am »

"We'll just be using practice lances so you shouldn't need it, but if you want it you're free to bring it. I'll be in the court yard when you're ready."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 19, 2015, 12:30:15 am »

"Ehhh.... when did the queen's great-grandfather die again?  That was some forty-odd years ago, I believe.  Fifty?"

"Several decades, in any case."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 19, 2015, 12:44:25 am »

"Ah, well, that would explain it then. So, why have you come here then? After being gone so long, shouldn't you be relaxing, spending time with your family, that sort of thing?"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 19, 2015, 12:49:48 am »

"No problem, let's get going. Which way's the courtyard?"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:10:04 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 19, 2015, 12:58:39 am »

The old man laughed at that, more loudly and more warmly than the girl might have expected.

:"My nephews have their hands full petitioning the Queen to restore our old lands as well as their grandfather's titles.  The only other members of my family I care to mention are remaining in Midas until a settlement is reached."

:"No, no, I couldn't be bothered to stay back there.  I still had some old friends left to visit, and there is yet a war to see.  A man such as myself is hardly willing to let an opportunity such as this pass by him unrecorded."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67