Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 68448 times)

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1
« Reply #810 on: April 26, 2015, 04:28:52 pm »

Charles followed Danira's eyes as she eyed up Acacia. She'd said to stay back so he did, only moving sideways into Danira's shot at Acacia.

"I'd advise you not to do anything hasty, I'm more durable than I look."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 26, 2015, 04:30:24 pm »

"... Indeed. Well, that will be useful for getting us more equipment. I know I could use a new weapon."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 26, 2015, 04:39:37 pm »

Acacia noticed what Charles was doing, and immediately did her best to present herself as if she was fine. If it came down to a fight, she wasn't going to stay back like some weakling who needed protection.

"Yeah, the same here.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 26, 2015, 04:42:07 pm »

Seeing Mordecai start to make his way towards their position from the south, Danira began to tense and looked about ready to fire at Acacia if the situation continued for a second or two more.

Without seeming to mind Tirena's usage of her as a balance, Caroline spoke idly as the donkey cross the bridge.

"I 'ope you don't mind, but I will only be dropping dis criminal at de keep before I return 'ome and bury moi grandmoder."

"Dose fildy bandits. She was so very old, and I 'ad prayed she would pass away peacefully but alas. Now I will 'ave to find oder family to live wid."
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 26, 2015, 05:06:43 pm »

: "Give up now," the vampire called out. "There is no point in prolonging this battle."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 26, 2015, 05:24:35 pm »

"Let's make a deal," Charles said. "I know someone set you and those bandits up to this. Tell us who it was and no harm will come to you."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 26, 2015, 05:34:07 pm »

"I don't know! Papa was the one to deal with him, and he just calls him Red. They drank together a few times. He's some kind of information broker back in Westshire..."

"If you're here then papa... mama... Ethan..." She grips the crossbow tightly, trying to build resolve to avenge her family, though clearly she hasn't become hardened like the rest of her family yet. Nor as brave. She slumps to the ground, and begins crying.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 26, 2015, 05:47:12 pm »

"..."

Acacia knew what it was like to lose family, and felt a pang of sympathy for the girl crying in front of her.

She slowly walked forward, gently pushing Charles out of the way. She kneeled in front of Danira with a slight wince from her own wounds and took off her helmet.

"Look at me, alright? What's your name?" She asked as she carefully pushed the crossbow out of the way before tilting the girl's chin up to see her face.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 26, 2015, 05:54:01 pm »

She didn't stop the rose warrior's approach but neither did she want to be forced to look at her family's killers. She hid her face in her arms to avoid Acacia's touch and kept looking downwards.

"It's Dani-Danira."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 26, 2015, 06:08:56 pm »

Acacia took the hint and pulled her hand back. she spent a few moments in thought before speaking again.

"Look, I'm... I'm sorry about your family. I lost my own brother just less than a year ago..."

But we didn't have any other choice. I can understand if you hate us but... if you want to blame someone, blame- Acacia stopped in mid sentence as she realized the implications of what she was about to say in comparison to her own family issues.

"Nevermind. Uh... are you sure that's all that you can remember about this Red guy? I promise you'll be treated well. You can trust Lord Heston. I've only known him for a short time but I can tell he's a really good guy."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 26, 2015, 06:23:18 pm »

She continued answering whatever questions she could in hopes that they'd be satisfied and leave her alone for a moment.

"He's big, with a red beard. I heard he doesn't always stay in Westshire either. Moved around a lot or something."

An armed party of horsemen and a single wyvern rider appeared from the southern road bearing heraldry banners with a Fallen Tree insignia against a brown and green background. The one who appeared to be their leader had his riding horse move forward, and addressed those still on the village's side or crossing.

"You there! Peasants! Show me to the new Baron."

"He should be honored to know I have come to deliver a summons personally."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 26, 2015, 06:44:37 pm »

"I see... thanks, Danira."

Acacia stepped back and let the girl mourn.

She made her way back to Charles.

"Poor girl... Anything about that red guy sound familiar to you?"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:47:52 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 26, 2015, 06:52:50 pm »

Well it's a name at least. Maybe Harold can did something up... Dammit.

That out of the way, Charles sat down next to Rhodon, observing the scene and present just in case Danira snapped or was just a really good actor.

"You can stay here if you want. I won't force anything, since you didn't so much as fight." He paused and then spoke again. "Thank you for the information..."

"And sorry for your loss."

He picked himself up off the ground as Acacia addressed him.

"No, not really. Hopefully Harold knows something or can dig something up."

"And you should really get back to the keep or at least to one of the healers. It can't be good to be so mobile with such injuries."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 26, 2015, 07:09:53 pm »

"Ah. My sympathies. Do you have other family in the village?"

If not, maybe she could live in the castle. Another healer could always be helpful. And she hated sleeping in a room with no one else in it. She needed to be able to hear the breathing of someone else.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 26, 2015, 07:21:25 pm »

"Unfortunately, no. I may 'ave to leave again... "

"But moi moder is dead, and moi fader I 'ave never seen once. I 'ave an aunt in Arleon but she is an 'orrible woman who 'ates D'artagnan for chewing up 'er petunia garden." Caroline pats her donkey's mane as if to reassure him that she won't get rid of him, though the old animal doesn't seem to care one way or another and continues climbing up the rough roads to the keep.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 67