Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 68603 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Prologue
« Reply #540 on: March 25, 2015, 09:48:11 pm »

"There weren't rats in the palace. There were, however, insects. They're too small and quiet for me to detect until they're skittering on me. Euch.

I wouldn't mind bees if they were large enough to shoot with an arrow. At least they make noise..."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 25, 2015, 09:49:57 pm »

: "Rats are everywhere else though, and they carry disease. Why do you think so many people keep cats around?"

"Anyway, bees will usually not sting a human unless they feel that the hive is threatened. Wasps are worse."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 25, 2015, 10:06:31 pm »

"All I know of bees and wasps is they are buzzing balls of hate. Not like I can tell which is which when they're trying to stab my face with their butt-daggers."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 25, 2015, 10:09:01 pm »

: "If it is deliberately trying to sting you, it is likely a wasp. Bees are, as I said, more docile and will only sting if threatened."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 25, 2015, 10:31:07 pm »

"Well, mords, you can protect me from wasps. Have your evil magic bugs eat the other bugs. "

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 25, 2015, 10:43:04 pm »

While Tirena and Mordecai found themselves talking about the merits and flaws of apis mellifera against other stinging insects, a boy of a villager came running up the hills hollering. "It's another necromancer! It's waltzin' through the village and heavens' preserve us, it may be comin' to avenge Thorsnettle from some hellish cult!" The terrified youth pointed down towards the village path as a white-robed individual made their way across the bridge towards the keep.

// Dalaach is in!
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 26, 2015, 01:58:06 am »

And so Dalaach was seen crossing the bridge, moving without any hurry towards the keep with a thick tome tied to his waist with woven silk thread. He had been previously looking for someone to inquire as to whether the retributive party had already destroyed the Necromancer who had taken the Keep as his base, but a look at the scenario before him made the answer obvious.

"Greetings." he said, intercepting the nearest available villager or worker who wasn't engaged in conversation or in hard labor. "May you tell me whether the retributive party has already succeed in its mission?"
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 02:55:01 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 26, 2015, 02:10:58 am »

An aged old woman is one of the few villagers who haven't shut themselves in or otherwise giving Dalaach a wide berth.

"A what'sit now? If you're here to join the noble's army you sure got a funny way of dressing. AND you're late. Bob's been dead two nights back." While speaking she sized up Dalaach, her disapproving glare only worsening with what she saw. She spits to the side after finishing her analysis. "Rich folk these days have more money for expensive clothes than sense. Your get-up looks ridiculous." She kept a solid stink eye on Dalaach.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 26, 2015, 02:38:52 am »

"I thank you for the information, Ma'am." he replied neutrally before departing towards the Keep. He had, of course, arrived too late. Dalaach knew of the attack because there had been criers and a public convocation for willing fighters, but his timing had been off.

From that moment on he would have to seek the local noble's advisor and maybe talk to the noble himself in order to secure the opportunity to study the location.

And so he went, in order to find important-looking people (most likely PCs) at the Keep who weren't conversing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:21:29 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 27, 2015, 10:42:52 am »

"Another necromancer...? Seems unlikely."

She headed towards the village, stopping outside the doors. She could hear someone approaching. The like of screams, clattering skeletons or stinking zombies suggested someone who was not a necromancer. Still, she leant casually on her bow, and hand hovering near her quiver.

"Hoi, there, friend. You the one scaring all the peasants?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 27, 2015, 12:28:46 pm »

Upon being asked that question Dalaach took a moment to turn his head, apparently to glance at the village and its many hiding inhabitants, before returning his attention to Tirena.

"I am unsure." he stated flatly. The elderly lady had been helpful. "I am Dalaach. Would you know who I should address in order to be allowed to study this location?"
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 27, 2015, 01:15:44 pm »

"You'd have to talk to the baron, but I'm not sure where he is at the moment. Probably somewhere in the castle."

"Your voice sounds a little funny. You wearing a helm or something?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 27, 2015, 01:55:04 pm »

"A mask." he said before continuing: "Thank you for the information. Would the baron be occupied at the moment?"
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 27, 2015, 03:07:40 pm »

"No problem, Spooky."

"Couldn't tell you. As I said, not sure where he is, but if you come lurk in the main hall I'm sure you'll find or get found by him."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:43:19 pm by GiglameshDespair »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 27, 2015, 03:41:37 pm »

"Does he have an advisor?" His voice is indeed muffled by the mask, not made much better by the cloth covering the sides of his head. It sounds male, though.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67