Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 68613 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Prologue
« Reply #510 on: March 24, 2015, 09:45:19 pm »

Vara frowned and then nodded. As she turned to walk back with him to the keep, she continued their conversation by asking,

"So what are your thoughts on the girl that joined up with us during battle? Lilie, right? She seems... interesting, what with her... slight problem?"

She didn't know how publicly the Baron wanted to announce that they had a half vampire working for them. Despite the fact that this country was significantly more welcoming of vampires than her country was, it still seemed like some people might be afraid of them.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 24, 2015, 09:52:09 pm »

"Forgive me if this sounds odd, but you smell wonderfully of roses. How did you achieve that? Unless you're just carrying around bundles of roses..."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 24, 2015, 09:57:56 pm »

"I... don't really know what to do with her. On one hand, she's dangerous and unpredictable and I really don't need a liability like that; imagine if she did that to some bandits we were defending the village from and the villagers saw it. They'd be terrified of her and me as well, fearing I sought to control them through force."

Charles took a breath and sighed.

"But as Mordecai said, she's just been turned, or whatever the term is, and doesn't have control over herself. I'd hate to turn her away and then end up having to hunt her down if she went out of control because I refused to give her a chance."

"On the otherhand she seems like an okay person, provided she gets her 'problem' under control."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:04:14 pm by F.O.E. »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 24, 2015, 10:00:32 pm »

"Mmm, you make some good points. I suppose I'm not... entirely comfortable around people with her problem. With Mordecai it's different, I suppose, because he's clearly under control while she... Well. I suppose if she can get to the point where Mordecai promises that she won't have any problems, I'll rest easier. That's all. Because until she does... what's stopping her from turning on one of us? You know what I mean?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 24, 2015, 10:06:58 pm »

"That's one of my main concerns to be honest. That'd be a vrey bad situation for everyone involved and could easily echo upwards and cause a major rift between human and vampires, something Molnovia can't afford to have happen."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 24, 2015, 10:10:57 pm »

"Molnovia already has enough troubles, huh?"

As they neared the keep, Vara slowed slightly, unsure where exactly Charles wished to go to continue their conversation.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 24, 2015, 10:26:44 pm »

"A girl's got to have some secrets. Though ehehehe... that would be funny, wouldn't it..."

Acacia wondered whatever was it that possessed her great-grandmother to include all those compartments under her armor just for putting roses in. They were useful for making a memorable impression at least.
It's FEF, not FEOF

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 24, 2015, 10:31:38 pm »

"Yeah, you got that right..."

Once they arrived at the keep, Charles led Vara to one of the areas not yet under repair, surely much less suspicious than his personal quarters.

"Continuing from before, I dont have an opinion on Letians. That is because I haven't met any nor will I likely ever unless it is on the battlefield. I'm not going to just blindly obey what I'm told, especially when it comes from a biased source. Nobles are meant to be well educated and informed on all relevant issues, not mindless sheep."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 24, 2015, 10:47:55 pm »

Vara nodded, not sure what she could say. She wanted to tell Charles that not all Letians were bad, but... She sighed, not knowing how best to handle this.

"I... As I said. I cannot settle down due to... Letians killed my brother. We lived near the border, he used dark magic... I'm sure you can figure out the rest. All I want is revenge against the man who killed my brother but... I cannot believe that all Letians are bad. I'm sure there are many who are normal people, just like those in the village down there, only living somewhere else. I am glad to hear that you're not condemning all Letians."

She smiled at him, glad that she was able to get some of that off her chest.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 24, 2015, 10:57:47 pm »

That was something Charles hadn't expected to hear.

"You have my condolences..." he said, knowing that Vara probably didn't want his pity either.

"We are all people, we just choose to live different lives over the course of those gain different beliefs. It's unfortunate that when they clash it leads to war."

"But we probably shouldn't linger here for much longer, lest a search party be sent for me," Charles said jokingly as he made his way back to the courtyard. He was more worried about what Klessen would say if he somehow stumbled upon them.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 24, 2015, 11:00:05 pm »

"Also probably best no one important sees you sneaking around with a girl with no last name, huh?"

She was glad that Charles hadn't pushed about her brother and followed behind him quietly. She was glad that she had chosen to follow him. It seemed like he'd be a good leader.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 24, 2015, 11:08:40 pm »

Charles actually laughed.

"Please, I wrote the book on 'How to completely disregard social class and get away with it' when I was younger. I haven't cared about stuff like that since I was trained in as a guard, I even moved into the barracks until my parents got fed up with me evading lessons through that."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 24, 2015, 11:12:25 pm »

"Uh huh, but now you're the Baron, and expected to behave like one. It's one thing to be seen with your childhood friend, a completely different thing to be seen with one of the new mercenaries, coming out of an abandoned hallway. You can't tell me you wouldn't be getting a lecture from whatshisface if he spotted us alone."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 25, 2015, 01:12:27 am »

Concentrating harder, Lilie manages to will the tome to produce more smoke. It's still not much, but better than before.
It starts to fill the room, so she opens a window to let it out. Hopefully no one will notice... Or just think there's a fire being in one of the keep's towers to keep its lord warm.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 25, 2015, 01:28:17 am »

Mordecai looked up from the ring he was examining as Kristii approached. He spied the girl's injury and furrowed his brow.

: "You were the girl who arrived with Lord Heston, right? Did the necromancer get you? You should have that treated by one of the healers."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 67