Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 68614 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Prologue
« Reply #495 on: March 24, 2015, 03:25:59 pm »

"Ah. That. That is... I fear I am not quite as close as I used to be anymore. The council seemed to dislike disagreement. So I'm here."
she didn't mention the other reason, of course. She forced another smile.
"Just another reason to hate politics, isn't it?"
"Forgive me for saying so, but I don't ever remember hearing of your family line at court. Is your estate in the borders?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 24, 2015, 04:32:09 pm »

"You were going to say something, probably a name, but cut yourself off. I'm wondering what you were going to say. I'm fine with people keeping secrets, I'd just like to be told directly that they're doing so. So, is it a secret?"
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 24, 2015, 04:46:48 pm »

"No, I was merely about to refer to the Crown Princess improperly. That's all."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 24, 2015, 04:48:51 pm »

"What was the name you were going to use?"
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:52:25 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 24, 2015, 04:51:50 pm »

"If i was going to tell you that, I wouldn't have changed what I was going to say, would I?"

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 24, 2015, 05:02:28 pm »

Lilie shrugs.

"I apologize for the impropriety. I momentarily forgot your were such a grand supporter of etiquette, Lady Tirena."

She seems a bit upset, and begins to focus upon the caravan wares once more.
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 24, 2015, 05:11:25 pm »

Tirena looked mildly nonplussed at the response.

"...ok then."
  "I have no need for titles, but I admire the Crown Princess a lot. I want to show her the respect I think she's due. I wasn't putting you down."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 24, 2015, 05:21:29 pm »

Lilie looked back up at Tirena, a small smile playing at her lips, a tint of sadness to her voice.

"Sorry, I reacted a bit strongly there... I'm a bit confused at the moment, sorry. I should probably go somewhere else."

She hurries off to the spot she had chosen for practicing Dark Magic earlier. She'd intended on leaving it for tomorrow, but in the current situation she wanted something to demand her focus.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:27:01 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 24, 2015, 05:35:15 pm »

"We're a bit to the south- well we were..."

"About half a year ago my parents pissed off King Joric so badly that he stripped us of our land and titles. Well most of them. We were allowed to keep a small amount of status but..."

"What's with her?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 24, 2015, 05:46:02 pm »

"Well that was something."
Tirena shrugged, further bemused, and turned back to the flower-girl.

"I'm not exactly sure. Mordicakes, the librarian there, says she's a half vampire. Apparently that's a thing that can happen.

I'm sorry to hear about your family's fate. If I was with the Princess, maybe I could have seen about getting you reinstated with a good case, but..."
She shrugged helplessly. "It seems we both have lost favour somewhat."

"I guess at least we can commiserate together, huh?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 24, 2015, 07:10:58 pm »

Kristii took out one of the training tomes she stole... one that just so happened to be the Dread tome.
Luckily enough, she has far less of a connection to magic than Lilie-- so though she nearly dropped the book, all she got was a pair of little cuts along two of the fingers of her right hand.
:"GUH-- what the...?"
Swinging down from the wall, she went to go seek out Mordecai... and she didn't really care if he would be mad or not, since she'd delighted in skipping consequences all her life.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 24, 2015, 09:07:16 pm »

"No, no. It's fine. It's... it's nice to get out of my own head sometimes. I was just thinking about how different and yet similar this place is from... from my home. It's funny how you can travel far and yet still see someone arguing over wanting to get married. But I know what you mean. It's easy to feel at home here, even if realistically I know that I could never stay here. Not for any long period of time at least. Though, I'm sure it's different for you."

She paused and then grinned slightly.

"I somehow doubt that you'd be able to completely get rid of your first name. For instance, I'm pretty sure that Kristii will continue to call you that wherever and whenever she wants."

Charles wondered why Vara went out of her way to avoid mentioning her home but decided not to press. She could simply be uncomfortable sharing information about herself, not everyone was as open as he was. Instead his mind focused on what Vara had said about marriage. Before, as the youngest child he'd have likely been married off to some Lady he didn't even know to help expand the Heston house. Now that he was in this position he had much more freedom about his life than he'd had before, he realized. He shook his head, he needed to stop going on thought parades when he wasn't alone.

"Why couldn't you stay here," he asked. "Are you from the city and slow pace village life wouldn't suit you?"

"Yeah, she does whatever she wants. I just hope it doesn't cause any trouble with some overly uptight noble down the line."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 24, 2015, 09:27:14 pm »

"There's... too much I need to do. People I need to kill. I... Baron, what are your thoughts on the Letians?"

She forced herself not to shrink back, not sure which answer she wanted to hear. On the one hand, she hated those who had killed her brother and wanted revenge, but on the other hand she herself was Letian and she had friends... Friends who had helped them escaped, who were hopefully still alive. She knew she hated the man who had killed her brother, but not all of Letia. Not really.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 24, 2015, 09:38:23 pm »

"Hah, I guess so."
It's FEF, not FEOF

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 24, 2015, 09:42:47 pm »

Charles looked as though he was deep in thought for a few moments, his eyes shut and his arms crossed. When he opened his eyes he looked around, as if he was trying to make sure none of the villagers were nearby.

"I..." he hung on the word, taking another glance around the village.  "Don't really have an opinion; that's all." He moved to walk away, back to the keep, as if the conversation was over but as he passed Vara he said, in a hushed tone: "Talk to me back at the keep.".
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 67