Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 68628 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Prologue
« Reply #420 on: March 20, 2015, 07:53:07 pm »

"Yeah, sorry blind girl, but somehow I think telling him play sucked wasn't the right way to go about cheering him up."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 20, 2015, 08:07:00 pm »

"Well, I'm sure we've all done a few things we'd rather forget."
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 20, 2015, 08:12:12 pm »

"My point was they were terrible performers, so it might have been a good play itself."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 20, 2015, 08:29:33 pm »

"The writer himself doesn't seem to think so... Well, the person whom I'm assuming is the writer."
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 20, 2015, 09:22:05 pm »

Charles knew his initiative had ended, but he wasn't going to back off just because of that. He brought the lance up and thrust it forward, hitting Acacia in the stomach and then swinging it into her side.

Acacia moved to the side and hit Charles on the back before sweeping down to his knees and knocking him on ground. She stood over him and held her lance pointed down at his body with a wide predatory grin on her face.

"Give up?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 21, 2015, 12:35:30 am »

"Damn," Charles mumbled to himself when Acacia won. He hadn't really cared who won when he started but due to Acacia's skill he'd gotten a bit competative.

"Yeah, I surrender," he said, trying not to sound all that defeated.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 21, 2015, 12:39:20 am »

"Soooooo this means I get the job right? she asked as she let go of the lance with her right hand to help Charles up.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 21, 2015, 01:47:04 am »

The old man continues grumbling to himself.  Something about 'burning every last manuscript of the plays he could find.'

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 21, 2015, 02:05:18 am »

"Whether or not you got the job wasn't ever on the line," Charles said with a light chuckle as he took her hand and helped himself up. "I just needed a strech, I'm used to training in the morning."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:14:25 am by F.O.E. »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 21, 2015, 02:09:09 am »

Mordecai dared not say anything to Sir Teagan's face...but he actually didn't think the play was that bad. Sure the actors butchered it, but it was well-written in his humble opinion...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 21, 2015, 08:11:06 pm »

"You could have just asked me you know." she said as Charles got up.

"You're pretty good. That really got my blood pumping."

"Lemme know if you're ever up for another round, alright?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 22, 2015, 02:04:33 am »

"Yeah, I could've, But I wanted you to come at me not only wanting to win, but needing to win."

"You're better than I expected. I haven't been beaten since I started training."

"I most certainly will."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 22, 2015, 02:39:17 am »

Seeing that the battle had finally drawn to a close, Klessen gave the victor a solemn applause and introduced a matter that was put on hold for the duel.

"Well fought, Lady Bribush."

"Baron, there was also one other request that required your attention. It is not one of the local matters either. From what I understand, the man and his sister are considered peddlers of sorts in the region and they sought your permission to offer more permanent services to the fief and your lordship's retinue. Should I bring him inside for an audience or turn him away?"
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 22, 2015, 04:10:16 am »

"I see no reason to turn them away without at least hearing what they have to say. Bring him in."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 22, 2015, 06:17:36 am »

Klessen bows and leaves the room, returning with a man of southern origin. The most attention demanding trait that could describe him is massive. Not only his muscular frame, but the aura he seemed to exude took up a lot of space, and almost completely subsumed the smaller quiet presence which hid behind him.

"Nice to finally get a chance to see you, Sir Baron." He takes a look at the bruised couple and he chuckles a bit with a deep bass voice. Without much apparent regard for formality he commented on your battle. "I'd say she got the better of you this time around. Good thing it was a practice match, eh?"

Bringing himself back on track he continued "Anyways, the name is Barcus, and this...", he reaches behind to pat the girl hiding behind him lightly on the head, "...is my sister Luca. Don't be rude sis, say hello at least."

"H-hello." The woman tentatively raises her left hand and weakly waves.

Barcus laughs and pats his sister on the back. Despite doing so without any real force behind it, she nearly barreled over before catching her balance. "And we're here to offer our services to your court. I smith, Luca scribes tomes. I have done some work for this village before so you could ask around if you need a referral. Old Man Henson probably remembers that time I shoe'd his horse, repaired his plow, and built his son one of the finest suits of armor this side of the Northguard. Kept his butt alive during that awful ambush business the last Sword Marshal blundered into a whiles back before the war took a turn down the wyvern's throat for you guys. Sister hasn't seen much work around these parts unless you know local magic-types. We've been wandering these lands for the past few years since leaving Azun, surviving on whatever we could make with some generous folks sharing use of their forge and such. But now we're looking to settle down somewhere. Set down roots and all that. We considered the Count but his lordship didn't even bother seeing us, and then we heard about you moving into this old place."

"You're probably going up to the war so it smells like an opportunity for us canny business types. Together, Sis and I can cover pretty much all of your weapon needs either ourselves, with the right resources and workshop, or draw on contacts to bring items in at a reasonable price. How's this sounding so far?"
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 67