Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 68698 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Prologue
« Reply #300 on: March 15, 2015, 07:53:55 pm »

"I guess we'll find out."
The blind archer perched her butt on some toppled masonry.
" At least it's something interesting for you to study, right?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 15, 2015, 07:59:36 pm »

She appear next to the lord.

:"Oh goddess of brightest light in the dimmest darkness, stave off this soul final journey."

With a gentle glow, Charlie's wounds disappear

:"Now, you were hit by dark magic so tell me if you start getting headaches or pains without reason."

"Thanks, Nanaho. And I will."

Kristii walked over to Charles, putting her hands behind her back.
:"Soooo, Charlie, you're a big important lord now, huh?"

"Yeah, now that we've cleared out that poser this place is mine. I think the official term for me is 'Baron'."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 15, 2015, 08:02:18 pm »

: "Hmm, that's true. Most of my studying is done via books; I haven't done any actual research in, oh, probably 50 years." He pointed a femur in the archer's direction.

: "And shouldn't you be helping? You're stronger than I am, you ought to be able to at least drag one of these corpses out back for burial."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 15, 2015, 08:04:22 pm »

"Enough lazing around. You may be blind, but if you can fight, you can clean. There's a nice dead zombie about a foot away to your left. Surely you can deal with that. You too, with the brown cloak. Enough flirting with the Lord, help us clean up."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2015, 09:01:15 pm »

"One, lady, they're rotting. Plenty of disease from that and I don't have the healthiest body already. I'm unconvinced at the ability of a heal staff to cure the plague.

Two, isn't it... well, the peasants' role? We do the fighting, they can clear up their overly lively uncle here."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 15, 2015, 09:03:48 pm »

"Suck it up and get your hands dirty. We already talked about how making people clean up something that could be their brother or spouse is a bit over the line. So come on."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 15, 2015, 09:05:23 pm »

: "If you are concerned about disease, wear leather gloves and be sure to wash your hands later. You'll be fine."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 15, 2015, 09:14:37 pm »

:"Work? Fiiiiiine."
Rolling away for no good reason, Kristii muttered and started a'skelly-dragging.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 15, 2015, 09:27:47 pm »

Exploooores!

Exploration of the rest of the keep grants explorers a tour through its rotting interior. It's surprising that this much of the place was still standing, as several of the support beams looked to be ready to give up their life of wood at any moment. She runs across the remains of the feast hall in the western part of the keep, and even discovers the kitchen where a rotting corpse with a bloody cleaver and a decayed chef's hat lies on sprayed out on the ground face-first. The pantry is a mess but apparently the necromancer kept it clean enough to store food and other essentials.

Towards the east halls there were servants quarters, though not very many, and what looks to be an entrance to the old dungeons. However, their cells were dark and empty, unused for years. Finally to the southeast was a warrior's hall, a relic of previous times that included a retinue's armory and war planning area, where a rusty armaments lines the walls and a map several decades out of date loomed overhead. The map seemed to have been torn partially, as if somebody had tried to loot it and then thought better after their blunder, but otherwise its preservation indicates either an enchantment or uncommon material to have survived the molding and vermin otherwise untouched.

The project of cleaning this place would not be an easy undertaking. Fortunately aid was on its way... and the clopping of hooves announced Klessen's arrival as he made his way to the throneless Lord's Hall where the Necromancer lay dead.

"The Necromancer lies dead. Well done, Baron Heston."

"The preparations have been complete. The Royal Purple..." He hesitates for a moment, distracted by Vara's hair color and the coincidence of names, before shaking his head and continuing "The Royal Purple Architects are building a base camp nearby and should begin construction by next dawn."

Taking note that the Baron and new recruits were cleaning the corpses themselves. He coughs for a moment before contributing a suggestion.

"You can leave the restoration to the builders and your subjects, my lord. Right now the people need to see their new Baron in a way that will restore their faith that law and order have been restored."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:30:33 pm by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 15, 2015, 09:35:30 pm »

Geh. THis was not the kind of body she wanted to touch. Neither alive nor a nubile maiden. Instead, dead (twice) and a verdent old man.

Fortunately, she was saved for the unpleasant task. She silently offered up a prayer to the gods.

"See? Told you, peasants' work. Appearance is important and all that. Barons and retainers don't grub around hauling around the redead."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 15, 2015, 09:44:32 pm »

: "Hmph. A little manual labor wouldn't have hurt you." Still, he dropped the bones he had gathered and dusted his hands once more.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 15, 2015, 09:48:06 pm »

"I suppose you're right," Charles said as he dropped the zombie he was hauling. "I shouldn't be seen doing their work or they'll question why they have to do it."

"Should I say or do anything specific? Or should I just walk out as confidently as I can and give them a speech or promise?" Being the third child and second in line for inheritance meant he had recieved some lessons but not many and that they didn't go into much detail.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 15, 2015, 09:53:24 pm »

"Get out there, announce yourself as the baron, and start giving orders. Show authority and they'll accept you have it."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 15, 2015, 10:04:08 pm »

"Should I say or do anything specific? Or should I just walk out as confidently as I can and give them a speech or promise?" Being the third child and second in line for inheritance meant he had recieved some lessons but not many and that they didn't go into much detail.

"There are a few rhetorical techniques that are important to the art of persuasion but talent and intuition will carry you through more than any education. In this instance you are approaching an oration, and thus should not need to convince the people of your position through reason as if you were haggling with a merchant. Stand behind the legitimacy provided by the tradition of your lineage and position. You are their Baron. They are your serfs. Promise them to fulfill your role and they should gladly fulfill their own."

Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 15, 2015, 10:24:23 pm »

At this point, Lilie returned from her exploration.

"Hey guys, I'm back. There wasn't really anything important lying around, just a map that's in surprisingly good condition and a few old cor-Huh? What's going on? Who's this?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 67