Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 68682 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Prologue
« Reply #270 on: March 15, 2015, 12:26:56 am »

Lilie, having successfully managed to collect herself at least somewhat, wanders over to the pale man collecting bones.

"Um... You said you wanted to talk, didn't you? I think I'm ready..."
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2015, 12:37:13 am »

Mordecai nodded.

: "So you don't remember why exactly you came here. Can you remember anything before that? I might be able to figure out how this came about, given time and information."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 15, 2015, 12:50:47 am »

Charles had still yet to be healed so dragging the body of one of the zombies was much harder than it should've been. He only had one hand to work with, the other was gripping his lance turned walking cane, and being that he was trying to drag a zombie it kept falling a falling apart or getting stuck on something. It eventually got to the point where he was essentially just kicking it towards the exit.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 15, 2015, 01:36:52 am »

"Before that...? Anything strange... Everything was normal. I was hunting and... I ran into a boar. It charged me, and I got hit... I managed to escape but I fainted... Then what happened afterward... It's hard to recall"

Lilie closes her eyes and tries hard to think.

"Um... Wait, I think... I remember... It was dark, I was lying on something hard... Cold, so very cold... Fires, dancing... Shadows, shadows all around me... Pain, sorrow, sadness... Then silence, and fading..."

She opens them, looking anxious and worried.

"Afterwards I woke up not far from here, but I... I thought that was all a dream... There were barely any marks left from where the boar had gotten me"
The circle is complete.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 15, 2015, 01:55:14 am »

: "Well, part of that sounds like a normal Ritual, like the one I took. But the part about the boar...it sounds as though you were already badly wounded when it occurred, possibly dying. Usually the new vampire-to-be is in sound health to maximize his or her chance of surviving the experience. I wonder if that had something to do with your condition...I will have to do some research back at the castle."

: "In any case, it sounds as though your Ritual was relatively recent. That would explain your...rather extreme reaction to killing the necromancer. Is there anything else you can remember? Where you are from, perhaps?"

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 15, 2015, 02:26:27 am »

"Where I'm from? That's easy, I'm fro-"

Lilie suddenly stops talking, looking stunned.

"I-I can't remember! It's all gone, the only things left are the memory of my hunting trip and what's happened afterward... There's nothing else there and I didn't even realise..."

((Grammar changes.))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:47:36 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2015, 02:44:08 am »

: "Hmm, a puzzle then. How troubling." He did not, however, sound the least bit troubled or even frustrated. "Your memory may return in time, but until then you should probably not be off on your own in case the memory loss grows worse. I will speak with Lord Heston and see if he would be willing to allow you to stay here for a time. He might even take you on as a retainer; vampire, half-vampire, or simple human, your skill with a blade cannot be denied."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 15, 2015, 02:49:20 am »

"Mmm, I don't seem to be any better than the other people here, but thank you. What does a retainer do, exactly, anyway?

Lilie continues to speak, looking surprisingly cheerful.

"Thankfully I don't seem to have forgotten how to speak or move... And my general knowledge remains intact. I've forgotten my past, but I feel like I'll be able to remember it, one day."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 03:03:34 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 15, 2015, 03:13:52 am »

: "I will be blunt. Lord Heston's purpose for being here is to recruit soldiers for the current war, as ordered by Crown-Princess Elodie. Most of these soldiers will be drawn from the peasantry, trained and equipped by Lord Heston and commanded in any way he sees fit. A retainer is a person, often noble-born but sometimes an exceptionally-skilled individual of lower class, who serves a lord directly and fights alongside him in battle. The blind archer Tirena and I are both retainers of Crown-Princess Elodie, and seconded to Lord Heston until he can get this place back on its feet."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 15, 2015, 03:30:39 am »

Lilie suddenly winces, but makes no further strange movements. Perhaps she was close to remembering something?

"It seems like becoming a retainer if your lord accepts is the best choice for me, though I don't very much like the idea of killing others so easily. I might go crazy again, like what happened here. Well, if they're after our own lives it's probably necessary, but..."

She sighs.

"I guess I'll just have to try and get used to it. This world is full of death, regardless."
The circle is complete.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 15, 2015, 09:50:58 am »

Kristii frowned as she looked at Charles go about his task in an extremely injured-looking way.
:"Nanaho! Cristoff! Charlie's hurt, one of you needs to go heal him!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 15, 2015, 11:43:20 am »

: "There will likely be some time before Lord Heston goes into battle; he still needs to clean and repair this manor so he can be officially instated here. In the meantime I am hoping that we can figure out a way to prevent further bouts of madness on your part."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 15, 2015, 02:41:22 pm »

Kristii frowned as she looked at Charles go about his task in an extremely injured-looking way.
:"Nanaho! Cristoff! Charlie's hurt, one of you needs to go heal him!"
:"On my way."

She appear next to the lord.

:"Oh goddess of brightest light in the dimmest darkness, stave off this soul final journey."

With a gentle glow, Charlie's wounds disappear

:"Now, you were hit by dark magic so tell me if you start getting headaches or pains without reason."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 15, 2015, 03:18:13 pm »

"Well, I think I'll have a poke around."

Tirena was not what you'd call used to physical labour. She practised her archery, but the maids at the castle took care of everything else, and most people treated her with excessive care. It could get annoying sometimes, but Tirena was also quite fond of living in luxury... she hoped the peasants could fix the mansion up quickly. In truth, living in a warhost didn't sound very fun at all.

She slipped away, clicking her tongue and listening to the echoes. She'd had a book read to her on it - where one could learn to see in the way of bats... Maybe they'd be something more interesting than cleaning up old bones.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 15, 2015, 03:24:50 pm »

Tirena didn't have to go far before she picked up on an interesting echo in what must have once been a chapel to some unknown small pantheon adjacent to the throne room--or rather, what was left after time and looting brought it ruin. It seemed hollowed, yet contained an item within. Maybe a staff?

Tirena finds Sleep!
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67