Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33052 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 12
« Reply #675 on: February 19, 2015, 09:47:45 pm »

Fixed it. We're still getting such a large net bonus that we can only really fail if we get a 1.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 20, 2015, 01:34:28 am »

Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed: +5) (1 manpower)
 Assist setting up LSL

[]Small Cargo Hauler(+10 Construction, +20/autosuccess everything else)

[]Damage Control & Machine Shop(+10) (3 manpower)
 Set up LSL (3 manpower, Anna) (+10 DCMS, +14 rollover, Anna(+10 M&C, +10 morale))

Engineering
[]VR CAD(+5) (1 manpower)
 Cybernetics Lab(design only) (1 manpower, Anna) (Anna: +20 Engineering)
 Continue work on underground complex design (158/200) (1 manpower)

Repair & Maintenance
[]Damage Control & Machine Shop(+10)

Mining(+20 Diggy Diggy Hole)
[]Digging and Drilling Vehicles(2 manpower, weapons)
 Begin drilling to build base (2 manpower, +20 Diggy Diggy Hole)

Scouting & Exploration(4 manpower)
[]Small Cargo Hauler(+20/autosuccess)

[]SCH-Mounted Subsurface Survey Array(+15 Geology) (4 manpower, weapons)
 Scan for place to build underground (+20 SCH, +15 Geology, +44 rollover, -10 SCH prototype, -20 SSA prototype)

Other
[]Raw Manpower (15 manpower)
 Continue unloading and covering cargo(23/50) (-5 Raw Manpower, -10 Diggy Diggy Hole)

[]R&R

[]Life Support (3 manpower)

[]Medical Bay (1 manpower(2 months))

+1

To be clear we are digging a small temporary base right now and might switch to wherever a better dig site is found.

Wait you mean Lisa is doing design work on the cybernetics lab right? not Anna.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 20, 2015, 02:35:44 am »

Crap, I had them both listed as Anna!

Spoiler: Final Draft, Honest (click to show/hide)

To be clear we are digging a small temporary base right now and might switch to wherever a better dig site is found.
Nope, we're gonna start building our main base next turn. If we find better minerals somewhere else we can always just make more digging vehicles and have them build a mine over there.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 20, 2015, 02:49:07 am »

Crap, I had them both listed as Anna!

Spoiler: Final Draft, Honest (click to show/hide)

Nope, we're gonna start building our main base next turn. If we find better minerals somewhere else we can always just make more digging vehicles and have them build a mine over there.

Sure +1

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 13
« Reply #679 on: February 20, 2015, 05:32:30 am »

Manufacturing & Building
 Assist setting up LSL
>Slot Conversion(supporting MS)

[]Small Cargo Hauler(+10 Construction, +20/autosuccess everything else)

Set up LSL (3 manpower, Anna) (+10 DCMS, +14 rollover, Anna(+10 M&C, +10 morale))
>Roll:54+10 MS+10 Anna+14 Rollover=84

With a world of bountiful life and breathable atmosphere, it is time to build all the equipment necessary to set up the Life Sciences Lab. The three spare cryotanks are disassembled to be repurposed as cloning tanks,  a good bit of the advanced parts are fashioned into science equipment and control mechanisms, and the database and seed bank are fished out of the hold and connected. Finally, a power cable is run from the ship to the lab to power everything, and most of the remaining scrap is assembled into a self-contained housing and isolation chamber. The switch is thrown, systems are tested, and everything is in the green.

[Life Sciences Laboratory online. +1 Science biology Slot and a +20 bonus on any biology research. +Engineering slot related to genengineering new plants/animals, + Manufacturing slot mass cloning any animal/plant in the database. Can also act as a half-size Meat-Vat kit, but engineering&manufacturing functions suspended while doing so(1 month lead time to start/stop producing meat)]
(Life Sciences Lab 84/50, Rollover 34)

Engineering
[]VR CAD(+5) (1 manpower)
 Cybernetics Lab(design only) (1 manpower, Lisa) (Lisa: +20 Engineering)
 Continue work on underground complex design (158/200) (1 manpower)
>Roll:30(Critfail!)

Using one of the pods, Lisa starts a project for a lab dealing in advanced cybernetics. Unfortunately, a hardware glitch offlines the pod almost as soon as she starts, and it takes most of the month to find and fix the problem. not much progress is made this month. (Cybernetics Lab 30/250)

>Roll:103+158=261
Meanwhile, the base design is finished up. A single central shaft with two spiral ramps that have room for a D&D vehicle as well as several crew to pass, and a large ring on each level that is capable of supporting 2 Humongous caverns OR 4 Gigantic Caverns OR 8 Huge Caverns or 16 Large Caverns or 32 Medium Caverns(with a mix of caverns a possibility; A Large Cavern is equivilant of 2 Medium Caverns, a Huge equivilant of 2 Large, and so on). Just designate the size of caverns you want, and the plans will autoupdate with dig specifications and direction!
The Underground Base plans done. +20 to rolls digging out the base and base is 25% easier to dig]

Repair & Maintenance

[]Digging and Drilling Vehicles(2 manpower, weapons)
 Begin drilling to build base (2 manpower, +20 Diggy Diggy Hole)
>22+20 DDH +20 Base design=64

Trailing behind the scout, the mining vehicles set up shop upon the schist area and begin the process of carving a base out of the ground. A sloping ramp is carve first, and then the entrances to the spiral shaft are dug. Integrated power and sewer line channels are also dug, as well as the start of a technical shaft. As a bonus, it appears the iron vein intrudes upon the base area as 50 meters down they start hitting iron as well as that second mineral, which is still unknown.
(The Underground Base 64/150)
Scouting & Exploration(4 manpower)
[]Small Cargo Hauler(+20/autosuccess)

[]SCH-Mounted Subsurface Survey Array(+15 Geology) (4 manpower, weapons)
 Scan for place to build underground (+20 SCH, +15 Geology, +44 rollover, -10 SCH prototype, -20 SSA prototype)
>Roll:40-30+44=54(critfail!)

The scanning array is mounted on the truck and the whole thing is field tested by scanning the ground in a 10km radius. A few likely formations are found, chief being a fast area of uniform schist that looks perfect for building the base in just a couple km to the north-northeast, as well as a large vein of what appears to be iron with some other mineral intruding that the scan techs aren't too sure of, just 1 km to the north of the schist area. Also, what appears to be copper is found 2 km to the east of the base location, as well as a massive outcropping of marble which has an unusual formation of galium. A strange, sandy area 3 km to the west is discovered, but before it could be investigated, the truck hits a hidden dip and breaks an axle! The crew manages to limp it back to base through manpower, but scanning is on hold until things can be fixed. [Truck damaged and offline, 0/25 to repair](Scouting Minerals 54/100)

Other
[]Raw Manpower (15 manpower)
 Continue unloading and covering cargo(23/50) (-5 Raw Manpower, -10 Diggy Diggy Hole)
>65-10+23=78

The crew finally manages to get all the cargo out of the hold, and uses the rest of the scrap to fashion a sort of tin pavillion covering the cargo. It only took what, 4 months to unload everything?

[]R&R

[]Medical Bay (1 manpower(2 months))
The guy is recovering as normal

Outpost Chiron Statistics:

He-3 fuel:5.12 units(3.75 units enough to run reactor at 100% for 5 Earth Years)
 Basic Parts:0.67 containers(.1 units can be used for +10 to any one Maintenance repair, or manufacturing roll. Once per turn per action only) Warning, basic parts at 33%
 Advanced Parts:0.82 Containers(.1 units can be used for +10 to any one Maintenance repair, or manufacturing roll. Once per turn per action only)
 Scrap(Depleted)
 Iron(unprocessed; shortfall)
 Unknown ore(unprocessed, shortfall)

Systems and Projects online:
Small Cargo Hauler
Exosuit Contructor
Small Cargo Hauler
Sub-Surface Scanning Array
MS & DC
Life Sciences Lab
Life Support

Population:35 awake(including heroes)+47 in cryopods
 Population required to run equipment:16(or 18 if using SCH for construction)(3 life support, 1 Exosuit, 1 VR-CAD, 3 Damage Control & Machine Shop, 2(or 6) Small Cargo Hauler, 1+3 SSA, 2 D&D Vehicles)

Life Support Capacity:Ship only
Food Production:Ship Hydroponics/LSL

Power Used/Produced:43.5/43.5 MW(56% power)

Cargo

Outside:
OCC
My First Factory
Basic & Advanced Parts
Vac Suits

Psych Card: Diggy Diggy Hole

+20 to any mining action
-10 to one M&C action
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:40:21 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 20, 2015, 05:55:47 am »

Okay... so we got the base design.  I say we start digging out the first level of the spiral and all it's caverns to build up our starting base.

Did I read right that it is 1 Km away from our ship?  Do we have cables to move power that far?

Either way, we should designate the industrial area first, with space for the My First Factory kit, an ore processor and smelter, and space for 3 other factories, lets call that 5 large caverns.

That leaves 11 large caverns worth of space, we need space for the OCC(medium?), a power plant (Huge to gigantic), the LSL, an entertainment complex (Surface?), a housing area (surface again?), hydroponics (surface for sure, free energy from the sun), cybernetics lab/research hospital (medium?), and lastly life support to pump fresh air down into this cavern system.

That should take up about the full first ring.

I am certainly missing something.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 20, 2015, 06:03:27 am »

occ would be a medium cavern yes
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 20, 2015, 06:03:51 am »

Housing should be underground, along with entertainment and similar. Atleast for now.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 20, 2015, 06:04:44 am »

Oh, and for clarity, the main base is going to eb at least 2 km away from the ship. Power transfer solutions may be needed

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 20, 2015, 06:14:36 am »

Oh, and for clarity, the main base is going to eb at least 2 km away from the ship. Power transfer solutions may be needed

Lasers.  The answer to everything!

Or microwaves.

Ether way it might be just as resource intensive as laying down 1 km cable.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 20, 2015, 06:24:25 am »

Cable.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 20, 2015, 06:30:52 am »

Well, there is copper and iron for cabling, but you'll need to set up the MFFK first due to it being the only way to process ore at this time(also, insulating a cable that long is going to be a bitch since you don't have enough materials)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 20, 2015, 06:32:05 am »

Gonna have to do a little complaining about critfails. I think that if the total roll is greater than 50 that the critfail should become a normal fail. Likewise, a critsuccess whose total roll is lower than 50 becomes a normal success.

Why would we want to have some caverns large and some caverns small? What are the advantages of each? Does the VR CAD actually provide a +5 bonus or am I mistaken in that regard?

Manufacturing & Building
 Set up Optronic Central Computer (1 manpower) (+5 Exosuit)

[]Small Cargo Hauler(+10 Construction, +20/autosuccess everything else) (offline, 0/25)

Set up My First Factory Kit (3 manpower) (+10 DCMS, +84 Rollover)

[]Life Sciences Laboratory(Mass cloning)
 Make meat (Presumably no manpower required because no requirement was ever mentioned) (Presumably auto-successful because we never get rolls for Life Support)

Engineering
[]VR CAD(+5) (3 manpower)
 Cybernetics Lab(design only) (30/250) (3 manpower, Lisa) (Lisa: +20 Engineering)

[]Life Sciences Laboratory(Gene-engineering)

Repair & Maintenance

[]Digging and Drilling Vehicles(2 manpower)
 Continue digging base (2 manpower, +20 Diggy Diggy Hole, Base Design(+20 and 20% easier))

Scouting & Exploration
[]Small Cargo Hauler(+20/autosuccess) (offline, 0/25)

[]SCH-Mounted Subsurface Survey Array(+15 Geology, -10 prototype) (4 manpower, Anna)
 If repaired, continue scouting minerals (54/100) (4 manpower, Anna) (+15 Geology, -10 prototype, Anna(+20 S&E, +10 morale)

Science
[]Life Sciences Laboratory(Biology, +20 Biology)
 Do science on the local flora to see how they work (presumably no manpower required because no requirement was ever mentioned) (+20 LSL, +34 rollover)

Other
[]Raw Manpower (18 manpower)
 Commit seppuku for taking so long to unload cargo (18 manpower)
 Repair SCH (18 manpower) (-10 Diggy Diggy Hole)

[]R&R

Wake up 10 people (3 manpower)

[]Medical Bay (1 manpower(1 month))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:52:57 am by Andres »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 20, 2015, 06:41:28 am »

Energy transfer via the atmosphere, microwaves, and lasers. More engineering-intensive but less resource-intensive, I would suspect.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 20, 2015, 08:30:59 am »

Or we could go with expanding our pickup truck based economy with giant banks of batteries being transported back and forth.

This is a joke.  Please do not hurt me.

Meat-vat kit takes one person to run.  I presume a cobbled together version takes at least that.

But this is a good thing!  More people doing efficient work.

We should design or build an ore separator and smelter then a 8 man workshop next to the ship, we can use that to run cable to the final site then set up the factory kit once we have power connected.

+1 for basic xenobotanical research
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48