Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33111 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 11
« Reply #540 on: February 16, 2015, 05:33:20 pm »

The main limiter to us waking people up now is food and water, is 24% oxygen toxic?

It is probable the 'plant' life is actually fairly different then earth plants, we need to know more.

An alternative base could be a giant spiral going down near the rift, then make a city and farming area down on the jungle flood-planes.
The atmosphere analysis said it was safe for humans to go out in it naked. This was proven by our crew members actually going out there for R&R. (They weren't naked, though.)

Perhaps we can design the Life Sciences Laboratory as our engineering project?

NO BUILDING ANYTHING NEAR THE GIANT CANYON OF DEATH WHERE ONE CRITFAIL WILL KILL US ALL. Also, trying to farm in the JUNGLE is not a good idea. We're currently sitting in grassland which is the best and easiest place to do farming due to its flatness.

Can we have the truck used as an exploration vehicles? 45km/h is still a lot faster than any human, after all.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 16, 2015, 05:35:48 pm »

Design some mountable truck-based scanning equipment, and yes you can use it for ore survey and exploration(I even have a couple designs in mind for it in case anyone thought of that)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 16, 2015, 06:13:16 pm »

I was thinking we use it to drive around looking for animals and stuff.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 16, 2015, 06:15:30 pm »

I was thinking we use it to drive around looking for animals and stuff.

Oh. Well, it can do that too :P(anybody can theoretically simply go on a hike and examine things, but you'll need equipment if you want actual detailed results)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 16, 2015, 07:02:13 pm »

So, shall we have Anna on the scanning gear
The scanning gear is useless now since it was only good for atmosphere
I was talking about the ground scanning gear, the atmos stuff is made.

Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 16, 2015, 07:20:48 pm »

So, shall we have Anna on the scanning gear
The scanning gear is useless now since it was only good for atmosphere
I was talking about the ground scanning gear, the atmos stuff is made.
Coming up with ground-scanning gear is engineering, not manufacturing, meaning she won't get a bonus. It's better if she went exploring with the truck to counteract its penalty.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 16, 2015, 07:56:24 pm »

Since it looks like we're not getting a new blank action sheet, I've decided to make one myself.

Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, -5 to bonus)

[]Damage Control & Machine Shop

[]Small Cargo Truck

Mining

Engineering
[]VR CAD

Repair & Maintenance
[]Damage Control & Machine Shop

Science

Scouting & Exploration
[]Small Cargo Truck

Other
[]Raw Manpower

[]R&R

Below is the stuff I think we should do.

Spoiler: Proposed Actions (click to show/hide)

^^Up there are my proposed actions: what I think we should do.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:56:47 am by Andres »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 16, 2015, 08:03:42 pm »

Sorry, was at the store :P

Also, the prototype penalty only goes away after the first couple rolls, representing extensive field testing(0so two months). Good thing is the penalty is cut in half the second month. The scouting action will work for this
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:06:42 pm by tryrar »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 16, 2015, 08:13:09 pm »

Ok, I changed my actions accordingly.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 17, 2015, 03:11:49 am »

Not sure what to do with Lisa and the raw manpower.

Making a hydroponics system might be a good idea, or maybe seeing about wind/solar/fusion generation.

Maybe raw manpower can start on exploring the land around us?

Or just drop into some more R&R.

Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, -5 to bonus) Damaged

[]Small Cargo Truck (6 manpower) Anna
       Unload and Transport cargo pod contents +10 Morale +10 Anna manufacturing -20 Prototyping -10 Diggy Diggy hole

Mining

Engineering
[]VR CAD (2 manpower)
           Continue work on underground complex design (71/200)

[]Lisa Engineering action (1 manpower)
           ???

Repair & Maintenance
[]Damage Control & Machine Shop (3 manpower)
       Repair Exo suit

Science

Scouting & Exploration

Other
[]Raw Manpower (20 manpower)
          ???

[]R&R  (0 manpower)

[] Life support  (3 manpower)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 17, 2015, 03:55:09 am »

Do keep in mind you have a colonist who has burns on his body and needs treatment before he can get back to work.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 17, 2015, 04:10:53 am »

Do keep in mind you have a colonist who has burns on his body and needs treatment before he can get back to work.
One of the guys in R&R in my plan can be the guy who's healing in the medbay.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-1. This plan is not as extensive as mine and less actions get done despite having no one in R&R.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 17, 2015, 04:30:23 am »

One of the guys in R&R in my plan can be the guy who's healing in the medbay.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-1. This plan is not as extensive as mine and less actions get done despite having no one in R&R.

Ah sorry did not see your plan there, still, we need the cargo pod items for the digging machines.  It will also allow us to get the optronic computer up and running and have a seed bank to help with hydroponics/LSL.

I still do not understand what you think is going to burn in this reactor, we do not have methane or propane in the atmosphere, thank god, I mean we can burn the native grass/biofuel.  Solar/wind would also be a good supplemental power supply.

A better use of the auto success would be a deuterium/tritium extractor and fusion power plant, then we just feed in water and get energy.

Let's let the burned guy heal with full bed rest for the full month at least.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 17, 2015, 05:02:02 am »

Ah sorry did not see your plan there, still, we need the cargo pod items for the digging machines.  It will also allow us to get the optronic computer up and running and have a seed bank to help with hydroponics/LSL.
If we send our truck that has a -20 to all actions and apply the -10 from Diggy Diggy Hole (even without it), we're probably gonna get a critfail that'll leave us either without D&D vehicles or without the optronic computer. Not worth the risk.

I still do not understand what you think is going to burn in this reactor, we do not have methane or propane in the atmosphere, thank god, I mean we can burn the native grass/biofuel.  Solar/wind would also be a good supplemental power supply.
DON'T QUESTION IT!!! Listen, we have the opportunity to get a reactor that takes in stuff that's in extremely plentiful supply and supplies us with things that are useful to us and we can get this FOR FREE. The only way this opportunity can be ruined is by saying that it can't be done and suggesting something else. Just go with it and we will be awesome.

A better use of the auto success would be a deuterium/tritium extractor and fusion power plant, then we just feed in water and get energy.
Lisa already designed that but tryar hasn't included it in the cargo/modules list.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 17, 2015, 05:52:45 am »

Its a manufacturing action to bring cargo around places?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48