Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33122 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 10:March-April 2076
« Reply #495 on: February 15, 2015, 07:14:40 am »

Quarantine and ignore, is what I say.
Agreed.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 15, 2015, 07:45:51 am »

Ok, I'm being serious now. Quarantaning and ignoring another sentient race is a bad idea. First of all, outright ignoring them may provoke hostility or bring about something equally bad or worse. Second of all, INTELLIGENT LIFE AND WE'RE IGNORING IT!?!!? Humanity has dreamed about meeting intelligent extraterrestrials for over a century and then when we finally do we're literally treating like it was less important than the damn planet's atmosphere!? We should be careful and cautious with other sentient races but outright ignoring them is just NO.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 15, 2015, 07:48:54 am »

Aren't you going a bit too deep into hypotheticals right now?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 15, 2015, 08:06:06 am »

Aren't you going a bit too deep into hypotheticals right now?
Yes. Definitely. Also, my bit about enslaving/gene-farming the sentients was a joke. Peace would be best.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 15, 2015, 08:36:08 am »

If they are tribals, we have no need to interact until we settle in. Once we settle in, figuring out culturally significant sites is a good idea so we don't piss them off.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 15, 2015, 08:45:21 am »

Yep.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 15, 2015, 09:03:41 am »

What should be our long term goals with these tribals? Know enough about each-other to not anger each other and stay away? Learn about each-other's culture and history and stay on friendly terms but otherwise do our own thing? Give them goods and technology in exchange for knowledge of the planet and access to their genes? Forge strong ties with them so we can one day unite as basically one people of two races?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 15, 2015, 09:27:55 am »

Still to hypothetical.

As far as we know, we haven't even confirmed the existence of multicellular lifeforms.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 15, 2015, 09:47:05 am »

As far as we know, we haven't even confirmed the existence of multicellular lifeforms.
We've confirmed the existence of grass and trees. Most of the planet is rainforest, actually, except for a desert in the west which has its own floodplain and a small amount of grassland where we decided to crashland. Also, we have nothing better to talk about until the next update.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 15, 2015, 09:54:11 am »

Sorry, forgot about that.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 15, 2015, 12:01:58 pm »

Yeah, you guys are going a bit too far afield here for hypotheticals at the moment :P.

Anyways, I forewent with the full on suits for simplicity's sake. I'll give you guys a hint and say while masks and filters are a good precaution at this stage since you don't know anything about the planet, if you guys manage to get some SCIENCE! don I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

Also, just to be clear, if you DO do a raw manpower action, rather than list it under other, remember to list it under the appropriate heading(like having the crew help the exosuit would be a separate action under M&C with the label []Raw Manpower: Help Exosuits unload). As well, having less than 6 people on a raw manpower action means I simple won't ROLL their action and just apply a straight -20 penalty to whatever it is they attempt to do(I did note at the beginning it IS your responsibility to keep track of bonuses and manpower use unless otherwise noted).

...So, any actual plan so far?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 15, 2015, 12:47:25 pm »

This is close to Aseaheru's plan with bio suits added and no idea where to move the manufacturing rollover.

I think we should just rollover any manufacturing into each other so that all work is finished this turn.

The site exploration can be done much easier once we have the digging machines with ground penetrating radar that can actually dig down to get samples.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 15, 2015, 03:44:17 pm »

I think I can support that plan with if we change a few little things.

Engineering
[]VR CAD (1 manpower)
  Continue work on underground complex design (32/200)

Other
[]Raw Manpower (21 manpower) - Manufacturing
 Assist Anna in manufacturing bio-suits.

[]R&R (4 manpower)
 Let others take time off, rotating with those working.

Since the underground complex won't get done quickly until we manage to survey for a site, it's better if we take people off R&R to help produce the biosuits so we can start surveying as soon as possible. This morale drop is alleviated by the fact that we now have a VR pod open for general use. Considering the crew didn't like R&R that much because the VR pods were taken this'll be a good thing. We're not going to get much work done on the base design anyway due to lack of surveyance so why not?

EDIT: I did some number-crunching and we can run all current systems plus the CCC, the MFFK, and an LSL if we build one if we run at the reactor at 100% with 1.5 MW left to work with. Unfortunately, unless we're going to go with regular, non-hydroponics farming we're going to have to expand energy production, especially if we want to keep on producing energy after 5 years. Later on, we can have Lisa work on making a better reactor (what are the stats on the one we made on the way here? It's not listed in List of Modules or Cargo List) or we can design some better solar panels which can take advantage of the fact that we have two suns.

EDIT2: It might also be in our best interest to set up some kind of communication laser or something so we can tell the ark ship to slow down their journey so we have more time to prepare. Since it doesn't have to be interstellar and we have an idea of where they are using the power of math it shouldn't be too difficult of getting such a laser up and running.

EDIT3: Concerning R&R, we're doubling the amount of people who aren't working. Since our crew was fine with how it was before, they should like it more even now. We could just take off 3 more people from R&R and have them put to work and we might still get better morale compared to last turn since the VR pod would be available.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:16:22 pm by Andres »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 15, 2015, 06:20:25 pm »

Good point.

We are going to have to expand power production soon, what with all the other projects we will have to do, like air and water.

IWe might have wanted to do that while in space then, but we have a weather sat to give us warning of storms instead. Ahwell.

Howabout we take it down to three, and put the person on the CAD to help there?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 15, 2015, 06:47:45 pm »

I'll point out that S&E is not one of the things M&C can roll over into(at least without specific equipment), so the Exosuit will just finish the unloading and work towards the next project; also keep in mind rollover is saved for one month as this represents the project being completed ahead of schedule and the next project being started early.

Keep in mind as well that you're limited to what you can scavenge right now, so unless you want to break out some finished parts you won't be able make more than 4 rubber/plastic suits for bio-protection(you have a rather over-abundance of labor for the project, so I'll not even bother rolling unless you want some rollover into the next project she does, but do keep in mind rollover is saved per slot; for example, if Anna does scouting next turn instead of manufacturing, the slot goes away and the bonus is lost). Also keep in mind the MS & DC is really only designed to work with existing parts and finished materials; it has little to no refining capacity(unlike the MFFK), and there aren't enough right sized sheets of plastic and/or rubber you can scavenge right now.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48