Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33145 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 10:March-April 2076
« Reply #480 on: February 15, 2015, 01:48:02 am »

Actually, we're at 17/50:
Nope! Take a look for yourself.
[]Machine Shop & Damage Control
IF FIXED produce any basic respirator/environmental suits possible.(-10 Diggy Diggy Hole)

Man, the crew works fast. They actually get the Machine Shop up in running in less than one moth, and are able to start early on the planned masks and filters. Using scavenged hoses and conduits for the rubber and lines, they manage to make 2 before the end of the month.

<Respirators 7/50>

In any case, I don't think this action is very useful unless we also get some protective clothing that'll prevent allergic compounds from touching our crew members' skin. Let's do that as well.
That was included in my inital suggestion. Either Tryrar decided to be mean (which I doubt), they arent needed, or respirators include them.
We've been over this before. We always need 3 people working the cryobay.
Last I checked, it was two. I included extra people last go around to help the woken do shit, remember?
Let's NOT have Anna work on that (a normal crew member will do). Instead we should have her do this:
[]Raw Manpower (27(-1 to work in the cryobay) manpower(Anna:+10M&C, +10 morale))
     Work on biosuits(respirators+protective clothing)
Personally, I would rather have asmuch of a bonus with the unloading as possible, but thats just me.

[]R&R (0 manpower)
Everyone will work on the biosuits. Morale would usually go low as a result of this but we can say that if we manage to finish it we can all finally leave the ship in safety and explore the world. That'll make it worth it and may make them work harder.
Sure, lets also have another lot of suicides. And I am A) rather certain we cant dump 11 people into one workshop and B) If we can it probably only helps in multiples of three, remember?
Scouting & Exploration
[]Survey site for underground complex (24 manpower, 2 vac suits, biosuits, weapons(Anna: +20 success, +10 morale))
     If we manage to finish the build the biosuits in time, we should send the guys who made them (minus the guys who'll use the SCH) and have them find a site for the underground complex
24 people between two suits. Allright, that sounds like a good idea. Also, with what equipment? We have nothing we can really use to help scout out shit, besides the good old Mk1 Eyeball.

-ninja edit-

Theres rubber. Rubberized cloth is rather good, and you are telling me there is no plastic insulation on that wire?

We will need one of those, sooner rather than later.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 15, 2015, 01:56:36 am »

Why would we ever want to use raw manpower to aid any action ever? Unless we have 18 crew members helping out we're only going to get a penalty from it. Even then, considering that having 18 crew doing raw manpower gives no bonus and no penalty, it's a waste to have them provide literally nothing in the form of assistance when they could instead be used to perform their own action.
Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, -5 to bonus) (1 manpower(Anna:+10 M&C, +10 to morale)) (3 manpower 3 vac suits)
                     Repair external damage and unload breached cargobay, build a shelter out of scrap to cover unloaded cargo.

>(roll:25+10 Anna -20 Manpower=15)

Repairing the hull breaches to restore atmospheric sealing isn't an easy task. Some of the gashes are about several meters long an half a meter wide, and take a bit of scrap welted and melted into them to hold enough for a pressure seal. Anna has no problem driving the exosuit to accomplish this, but the vacsuit helpers aren't able to accomplish much more than hoist scrap for her. They manage to get the hull sealed, but very little of the cargo is unloaded nor is a scrap awning for the cargo built; however, the crew with Anna do feel better now that they aren't at risk of possibly dying due to possible dangerous contaminants seeping into the ship. <Unload cargo 15/50>
See here, if we didn't have manpower helping Anna we wouldn't have been slapped with that -20 penalty and we would've unloaded more cargo in the end.

In any case, I don't think this action is very useful unless we also get some protective clothing that'll prevent allergic compounds from touching our crew members' skin. Let's do that as well.
That was included in my inital suggestion. Either Tryrar decided to be mean (which I doubt), they arent needed, or respirators include them.
We've been over this before. We always need 3 people working the cryobay.
Last I checked, it was two. I included extra people last go around to help the woken do shit, remember?
    Gaia Composite Biodome Life Support(CBLS). 55 RU, Size 44, Mass 30, Electricity 20 MW. This huge biodome combines specially gene-engieered plants as well as advances in cryotech and atmospheric recycling to allow for near-indefinite life support for up to 40 awake crew AND 100 cryopods, with additional support for up to 500 cryopods on a 10-1 basis on pod per awake person. Addionally, there are a couple VR pods for crew relaxation as well as secondary storage(3 cargo points worth) and 50 crypods. Requires 3 additional awake persons.
Population required to run equipment:8(3 life support, 1 Exosuit, 1 VR-CAD, 3 Damage Control & Machine Shop)

Scouting & Exploration
[]Survey site for underground complex (24 manpower, 2 vac suits, biosuits, weapons(Anna: +20 success, +10 morale))
     If we manage to finish the build the biosuits in time, we should send the guys who made them (minus the guys who'll use the SCH) and have them find a site for the underground complex
24 people between two suits. Allright, that sounds like a good idea. Also, with what equipment? We have nothing we can really use to help scout out shit, besides the good old Mk1 Eyeball.
Right next to "24 manpower, 2 vac suits" I also included "biosuits". We will only perform this action assuming those biosuits are made, I thought that was obvious. As for scouting, using the "Mk1 Eyeball" might be useful somehow. (I have no idea how.) If not, then we can at least actually see what the area around our ship is like and finally being able to explore the world we live in should give our guys a very nice morale bonus. Even if it's not any good for production, it's still worth it just for morale.

EDIT: I even said "If we manage to finish the build the biosuits in time". Not only was it obvious, it was explicitly stated.

EDIT2: As for looking around with our Mk1 Eyeballs, we might get lucky and find some ship parts that broke off while we were crashing in orbit.

EDIT3: R&R isn't even that effective considering the VR pods have been commandeered. We need to find something else to do. What did prehistoric trible dudes do for fun? They didn't have VR pods and they didn't commit mass-suicide from boredom.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:05:57 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 15, 2015, 02:05:09 am »

Why would we ever want to use raw manpower to aid any action ever? Unless we have 18 crew members helping out we're only going to get a penalty from it. Even then, considering that having 18 crew doing raw manpower gives no bonus and no penalty, it's a waste to have them provide literally nothing in the form of assistance when they could instead be used to perform their own action.
I dont. Ever. I have a brain cell.
See here, if we didn't have manpower helping Anna we wouldn't have been slapped with that -20 penalty and we would've unloaded more cargo in the end.
A) I did not suggest that. B) I would have had no reason to suggest that, and I suggested that Anna do it by herself.

Gaia Composite Biodome Life Support(CBLS). 55 RU, Size 44, Mass 30, Electricity 20 MW. This huge biodome combines specially gene-engieered plants as well as advances in cryotech and atmospheric recycling to allow for near-indefinite life support for up to 40 awake crew AND 100 cryopods, with additional support for up to 500 cryopods on a 10-1 basis on pod per awake person. Addionally, there are a couple VR pods for crew relaxation as well as secondary storage(3 cargo points worth) and 50 crypods. Requires 3 additional awake persons.
Population required to run equipment:8(3 life support, 1 Exosuit, 1 VR-CAD, 3 Damage Control & Machine Shop)
Why, yes, I did make a mistake. No need to eat my head for lunch.
Right next to "24 manpower, 2 vac suits" I also included "biosuits". We will only perform this action assuming those biosuits are made, I thought that was obvious. As for scouting, using the "Mk1 Eyeball" might be useful somehow. (I have no idea how.) If not, then we can at least actually see what the area around our ship is like and finally being able to explore the world we live in should give our guys a very nice morale bonus. Even if it's not any good for production, it's still worth it just for morale.

EDIT: I even said "If we manage to finish the build the biosuits in time". Not only was it obvious, it was explicitly stated.
Again, missed that one little thing. my point about equipment still stands, and even if we had it there is no way in hell we would need 24 people for that. Thats over half our woken population afterall.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 15, 2015, 02:10:34 am »

I dont. Ever. I have a brain cell.
A) I did not suggest that. B) I would have had no reason to suggest that, and I suggested that Anna do it by herself.
Sorry, that wasn't aimed at you. I wrote before you and Voidslayer even posted but I was ninja'd. When I read your post I just decided to respond in the same post. I probably should have double spaced it or hr'd it.

Why, yes, I did make a mistake. No need to eat my head for lunch.
Not eating your head for lunch, it was an honest mistake. I just decided to present the pieces of evidence and I bolded them to make them easier to read as SOP. Everything's fine.

Again, missed that one little thing. my point about equipment still stands, and even if we had it there is no way in hell we would need 24 people for that. Thats over half our woken population afterall.
Again, even if we find nothing, we'll probably get a big morale boost just from exploring the outside world. I edited my last post (after you posted, so you didn't see it) that said we might get lucky and find some ship parts we could use as material or parts.

EDIT: If NOTHING else, we'll at least know what colour the sky is. :D
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 15, 2015, 03:00:00 am »

We probably already know the color of the sky, but good point. Still, if we send people to the cargo pods they will probably do a little scouting on the way.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 15, 2015, 03:15:02 am »

As for surveying for a place to build an underground base, things like water sources and proximity to the ship are pretty important too. Our truck will be focused on getting to the cargo pods and there are kilometres of terrain it won't be able to scout which is where our guys will come in handy. If anything, it should narrow down our options a bit of where we can build our base.

FAKEDIT: We mapped out the area while we were in orbit. We don't need to do any exploring, really, but it would still be good for morale.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:21:14 am by Andres »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 15, 2015, 03:39:37 am »

Hmmm, I see, was unclear on that mechanic.

If Tryrar confirms that additional manpower will actually provide a significant penalty I will rethink what I am looking at.

We could have Anna work on making the suits then and have a 18 person manpower action assist her.  My understanding is doing it as a separate action would give us an additional roll, so (1d100+anna bonus) + (1d100-Manpower penalty{eliminated by 18 people}) total progress.

I guess with rubberized materials and wire insulation we cna pull off the suits, just wanted an idea how.  Heavy metal plated suits would not be good.  I am all for bio suits if we can make them.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 15, 2015, 03:46:08 am »

Yah, lets dump the 18 on the suits, then working on some basic project... Parts out of the scrap?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 15, 2015, 03:56:22 am »

You'd think (and I used to think until writing this mid-post) that it would be wise to have a hero and the others do the same thing as two separate actions since we get (for example) two 50% rolls rather than one 60% roll but we have to remember that Anna gives a morale bonus to whoever she works with. Another important thing to consider is that we can't have her do her own thing when we're talking about raw manpower. Remember, raw manpower is a minimum 6-person job, including heroes if there are any. Assuming we only have 18 crew members to work with - including Anna, we can get a (1d100+10-20) action and a (1d100-10) action. (Assuming 6 crew members and 12 crew members respectively.) Having her on a separate project is only good if we have at least 32 other crew members around for raw manpower jobs, 29 if we're just looking to avoid penalties.

EDIT: This is assuming Anna gets involved in a raw manpower job. If she's doing a tool job (like with the exosuit) then it's a good idea to let her do it alone unless we're supplying her with a minimum of 21 other crew members.

EDIT2: What's with the "<Rollover 17 into masks and filters>" thing? Do we have 7 respirators, 17, or 24?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:03:17 am by Andres »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 15, 2015, 04:04:49 am »

I figured making the suits was manufacturing not engineering, she can do an extra engineering job at +10.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 15, 2015, 04:10:07 am »

EDIT2: What's with the "<Rollover 17 into masks and filters>" thing? Do we have 7 respirators, 17, or 24?
We have seven. There was a -10 somewhere.
Highly Opinionated Fool

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 15, 2015, 05:13:31 am »

We have seven. There was a -10 somewhere.

He moved the dig penalty there because we did not specify where it was.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 15, 2015, 05:16:46 am »

I wonder if there will be sapients on planet.

Prolly tribal at best if there are.

Although a massive fucking fireball and earthquake from impact probably would stir them up.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 15, 2015, 06:42:45 am »

What should we do in the case of fellow sapients? Enslavement or gene-farming?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 15, 2015, 07:08:20 am »

Quarantine and ignore, is what I say.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48