Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33167 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 9:Landfall
« Reply #450 on: February 14, 2015, 12:12:40 am »

Seriously, why the hell do we want Diggy Diggy Hole? NONE of our actions include mining AT ALL. Nearly all of them are concerned with REPAIRS. If we're not gonna do science then let's use Tighten That Bolt since so many of our actions require repair and maintenance.

Psych chard: Tighten that bolt
++ Manufacturing & Building
+ Repair

Actions

Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, -5 to bonus)
             Repair external damage and unload breached cargobay(1 manpower, 1 vac suit)

[]Damage Control & Machine Shop(Offline)

Mining

Science

Engineering
[]VR CAD
             Design truck capable of bringing back the cargo pods(1 manpower, Lisa)
             Lisa: +20

Repair & Maintenance
[]Damage Control & Machine Shop(Offline:0/100 to fix)

Other
[]Raw Manpower
             Repair external damage and unload breached cargobay(4 manpower, 4 vac suits, Anna)
                          Anna: +10 to success, +10 to morale
                          Basic parts: +10
             Repair Damage Control & Machine Shop(23 manpower)

[]Life support (3 manpower) - Wake up 3 more people

How long is this turn going to take? If it's more than 1 month we can assign the newly-awoken cryo dudes to work.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:16:50 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 14, 2015, 12:19:33 am »

-edit-

Somany ninja posts...

+1, except you forgot Lisa's +10 bonus to engineering and Anna's bonus +10 moral and +10 construction, and the -10 for diggy diggy

Also we do not need to haul the entire cargo pod; the D&D vehicles can drive themselves while the seed bank and optronic computers are only 2 size each.  We do not need a crane either if we take the Exo-suit along to help with unloading.

We also have no where to unload the cargo bay to right now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 14, 2015, 12:26:20 am »

Seriously, why the hell do we want Diggy Diggy Hole? NONE of our actions include mining AT ALL. Nearly all of them are concerned with REPAIRS. If we're not gonna do science then let's use Tighten That Bolt since so many of our actions require repair and maintenance.
Because we are going to need materials nomatter what, for production.

Also we do not need to haul the entire cargo pod; the D&D vehicles can drive themselves while the seed bank and optronic computers are only 2 size each.  We do not need a crane either if we take the Exo-suit along to help with unloading.
Im not talking about the pod, Im talking about the containers that things are in. From what I have read, each "1 size" thing is the size of a shipping container, and probably not the "short" 20' ones.

We also have no where to unload the cargo bay to right now.
Theres the ground.

Also, edited the suggestion list with the bonuses
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 14, 2015, 12:29:38 am »

Because we are going to need materials nomatter what, for production.
We have plenty of parts to keep us going for a while. We won't need to do a lot of drilling for a long time and even then there really isn't much need to get high bonuses for digging.

+1, except you forgot Lisa's +10 bonus to engineering and Anna's bonus +10 moral and +10 construction, and the -10 for diggy diggy
Don't remind the GM of the penalties. We have nothing to gain and something to lose from doing so.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 14, 2015, 12:31:53 am »

You want to use the parts that can only be made in the factory in making things? Really?

We dont have nearly enough.
Highly Opinionated Fool

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 14, 2015, 12:34:24 am »

If we do not tell him where to apply the penalty then it gets applied randomly.

We do not have lots of parts, we lost half our meager stock when the ship crashed.

I almost want to say set up the MFFK right outside the cargo bay and have it help build some kind of dome around itself incorporating part of the ship in the dome.  That sounds like a big project though so nah.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 14, 2015, 10:15:06 am »

One final thing: If you want to build a prototype and don't want to use stored parts, please specify where the materials is coming from. I know the plan is to strip the now useless engine for the capacitor banks and wiring components for electric motors, but unless you actually SPECIFY this I'll default to parts. :P

In general, unless the action is incredibly obvious(like "Smelt Ore") if something requires materials, finished parts are assumed to be used first.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 14, 2015, 03:11:12 pm »

You want to use the parts that can only be made in the factory in making things? Really?

We dont have nearly enough.
It costs .1 basic parts to give us a +10 boost. We can get this boost 78 times with basic parts alone. Then there's the fact that the action we're doing is important and has a low chance of base success and I think it's justified we use just a little bit of the basic parts we have available. It doesn't cost us any parts to set up the factory or drill for ore, by the way.

If we do not tell him where to apply the penalty then it gets applied randomly.
No it doesn't, he just applies the penalty when/if he feels like it, but he'll still apply it on what it's supposed to apply to.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 14, 2015, 03:16:55 pm »

It costs .1 basic parts to give us a +10 boost. We can get this boost 78 times with basic parts alone. Then there's the fact that the action we're doing is important and has a low chance of base success and I think it's justified we use just a little bit of the basic parts we have available.
We still need them to fix the things that will break, and a good number of the things made in the factory will need them anyways.
It doesn't cost us any parts to set up the factory or drill for ore, by the way.
I know.

No it doesn't, he just applies the penalty when/if he feels like it, but he'll still apply it on what it's supposed to apply to.
What Void meant is that he would randomly apply it to a thing that it can be applied to.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 14, 2015, 03:29:04 pm »

Alright alright, currently there's agreement for Aseaheru's plan, with the understanding the engine will be stripped for the advanced parts for the battery pack and/or the motor. Is this correct?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 14, 2015, 03:35:47 pm »

Hold on a minute, if we can build the truck with basic parts and stripping the engine gives us advanced parts, we should strip the engine but just build the truck with the basic parts we have on-hand. Anything basic parts can do advanced parts can do better so we don't end up losing anything.

We need 3 people on life support to keep it running and Aseaheru is suggesting we instead just use 2. I think this is potentially catastrophic and thus utterly stupid so I think I'll compromise with his plan by suggesting we take people off R&R, send 1 of them to life support and send the other 3 to fix the DCMS. Even then, we have 2 extra people to use and I think we should also send them to fix the DCMS.

EDIT: Actually, since we've got 2 extra vac suits lying around and 2 spare people to use, let them go outside and do some basic exploration around the ship, always keeping it in sight.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 03:39:41 pm by Andres »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 14, 2015, 03:37:46 pm »

I was saying have two people to wake three people, I dont know what you are getting the idea that I want to have less people working on maintaining the life support, I just want two people to help three people get accustomed. Jeaze.

Also, there is no point in sending groups of two to work on anything, raw manpower is only affected by groups of three.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 14, 2015, 03:44:03 pm »

Also, there is no point in sending groups of two to work on anything, raw manpower is only affected by groups of three.
I just edited my last post concerning the last two.

I was saying have two people to wake three people, I dont know what you are getting the idea that I want to have less people working on maintaining the life support, I just want two people to help three people get accustomed. Jeaze.
The 32 manpower we have includes the guys maintaining life support. If those 2 guys are only there to wake people up and not maintain life support then we only have 2 other potential people who'll maintain it, meaning that we're STILL only leaving 2 guys to maintain it. We really have to specify what we want to do - you know how tryar gets when we don't. As for life support as a whole, I think the three guys maintaining it can also wake the 3 people up while still maintaining life support. Is this true, tryar?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 14, 2015, 03:49:52 pm »

We dont have a slot for exploration unless we assign Anna...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 14, 2015, 03:53:59 pm »

I can live with that plan, but do we really need to have Anna on board when we're theoretically just telling two guys to leave the ship and come right back in?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48