Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33190 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 9:Landfall
« Reply #420 on: February 13, 2015, 07:13:06 pm »

Anyways resource list:

Outpost Chiron Statistics:

He-3 fuel:5.21 units(3.75 units enough to run reactor at 100% for 5 Earth Years)
Basic Parts:0.78 containers(.1 units can be used for +10 to any one Maintenance repair, or manufacturing roll. Once per turn per action only)
Advanced Parts:1.75 Containers(.1 units can be used for +10 to any one Maintenance repair, or manufacturing roll. Once per turn per action only)

Population:32 awake(including heroes)+50 in cryopods
 Population required to run equipment:4(3 life support, 1 Exosuit)

Life Support Capacity:Ship only
Food Production:Ship Hydroponics only

Power Used/Produced:23.5/37.5(50% power)

Cargo

Pod A:
Digging & Drilling Vehicles

Pod B:
Seed Bank
Colony Central Computer

Cargo Bay:
My First Factory
LCL Database
Basic & Advanced Parts
Vac Suits
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 13, 2015, 09:02:27 pm »

Here comes my suggestion!

Spoiler: Suggestion (click to show/hide)

[]Wake three people from pods (2 manpower)

Reasons for why I chose some things over other:

People need time off, even if its something tiny like a day per month.
 Mountain bikes? To bring back mining vehicles?
 Shoulders of giants seems a bit... Nasty to me. Personally, I think it should be a malus on surface actions.

Also, Tryrar, you really need or list our resources in the updates.

We need to make suits though sooner rather then later, next turn if possible.  The pickup truck needs to be completed this turn.

My suggestion for the leaders would be to put Lisa and the 5 R&R manpower on the engineering project to make a prototype now.  Have Anna supervise the construction on the ship's hull and also put the penalty there, so they cancel each other out.

Next turn we can send Anna and a team to recover the digging vehicles and optronic computer while Lisa designs us some suits.

Lisa is good at engineering (prototypes), not repairs.  Anna will provide a total of +20 to the exo-suits, canceling the -15 they will get.

No one rests!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 13, 2015, 09:34:42 pm »

I'll point out that everything is abstracted to be in components in size 1 shipping containers(so for example, a Factory kit uses components and modules in 10 shipping containers that collectively take up space 10 in acargo hold and need to be put together to function). So "pickup truck" would be more "modified flatbed" :P

Edit: Also, since this isn't a paper design, you'll need some resources for the prototype. Some scrap and hull plating will do to make frame members, but you'll need at least some advanced parts for the electric motor and power supply.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:45:07 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 13, 2015, 09:43:44 pm »

We could go with something large and slow, even at 5 kph it would make the trip doable, we could even use the same vehicle to later cut up the pods for parts.

Could the D&D vehicles drive back on their own?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 13, 2015, 09:46:05 pm »

If you assemble them on-site at the pods? Sure, if you provide the manpower and/or send the exosuit

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 13, 2015, 10:21:27 pm »

Also, I've updated the the front page with a basic overview of the colony as things currently stand. Comments?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 13, 2015, 10:25:56 pm »

Psych Card: Tighten that bolt. Pretty much all we're doing at the moment is manufacturing, building, and repairing. We're only doing a little bit of science and we're doing absolutely NO mining right now.

Make a towing cable rather than any form of vehicle. It's cheaper, more efficient, and we don't have to make a battery for it. Just hook it up to the pod and let the ship's reactor handle the rest.

No one rests! That can actually be negative for morale. "We just crash-landed on an alien planet, three of our guys are dead, the ship has hull breaches everywhere, and those 5 guys over there are taking a break when all our lives are in danger? Let's lynch 'em."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:41:19 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 13, 2015, 10:29:48 pm »

Flatbed is fine, we just need something to get people and tools out to the crates. As is the fact that we are making a prototype, since we need it now...

advanced parts for the electric motor and power supply.

Oof, thats really nasty. Electronics being advanced is really, really nasty. I was expecting them to be basic parts, while advanced parts where computer equipment or anything relating to the fancy super computer thing...Particularly as thats how it was in all the other outpost games to date...

-edit-

We have to mine to get materials, although we cant mine this turn, true.

We are kilometers away from the pods. We cant pull them pack with a cable from the ship to the pods.

everyone would get a bit of time off. I doubt that someone would be lynched for taking a break when the lyncher had either just gotten back from theirs or had one to look forward to.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 13, 2015, 10:31:22 pm »

Psych Card: Tighten that bolt. Pretty much all we're doing at the moment is manufacturing, building, and repairing. We're only doing a little bit of science and we're doing absolutely NO mining right now.

Make a towing cable rather than any form of vehicle. It's cheaper, more efficient, and we don't have to make a battery for it. Just hook it up to the pod and let the ship's reactor handle the rest.

No one rests! That can actually be negative for morale. "We just crash-landed on an alien planet, three of our guys are dead, the ship has hull breaches everywhere, and those 5 guys over there are taking a break when all our lives are in danger? Let's lynch 'em."

...you want to make at a 16 km(as in kilometers, as in about 10 miles, give or take) long cable?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 13, 2015, 10:35:18 pm »

(Australia uses km.)

I entirely forgot about the distance. Never mind!

EDIT:
everyone would get a bit of time off. I doubt that someone would be lynched for taking a break when the lyncher had either just gotten back from theirs or had one to look forward to.
At the moment we need all hands on deck. We can have breaks later on.

We can probably break down the now-useless engines for parts. They're obviously not in any usable state but it is possible that we can use some of it for other stuff. It'll also free up some space we can use.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:38:26 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 13, 2015, 10:46:30 pm »

I am rather certain there was a study somewhere that found that more productivity was turned out by giving breaks. Heck, I think there was one that found that a hour nap increased it something like 10%.

I agree with the engine scrapping, thats sorta planned for the truck.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 13, 2015, 10:49:59 pm »

Flatbed is fine, we just need something to get people and tools out to the crates. As is the fact that we are making a prototype, since we need it now...

advanced parts for the electric motor and power supply.

Oof, thats really nasty. Electronics being advanced is really, really nasty. I was expecting them to be basic parts, while advanced parts where computer equipment or anything relating to the fancy super computer thing...Particularly as thats how it was in all the other outpost games to date...

-edit-

We have to mine to get materials, although we cant mine this turn, true.

We are kilometers away from the pods. We cant pull them pack with a cable from the ship to the pods.

If things get designed properly, a basic electric motor for a truck that just hauls things would be a basic part, you are correct. Advanced parts are things like optronic components, and the more powerful/precise electric motors and servos,a s well as circuit boards and stuff like that. A truck that can haul people and maybe a single shipping crate(especially if it moves slowly)? Basic motor. A truck that can haul 10 tons of ore at a moderate to high speed, especially for hours at a time? Advanced motor

Edit: A good general rule of thumb is if it uses common materials and/or basic processing, it's a basic part. If it requires rarer matierals and/or precision engineering, it's an advanced part.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:56:01 pm by tryrar »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 13, 2015, 10:58:23 pm »

Forgot to apply bonuses.

Psych card: On the Shoulders of Giants
Science(Biology) slot
++ Other science actions

Actions

Manufacturing & Building
[X]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, -5 to bonus) (1 manpower) (3 manpower 3 vac suits)
                     Repair external damage, cargo bay first
                     Basic parts: +10

[X]Machine Shop & Damage Control(damaged, offline:0/100 to fix) (21 manpower)
                     Fix Machine Shop & Damage Control
                     Anna Koblinikova: +10

Mining

Engineering
[X]VR CAD (3 manpower)
             Design vehicle capable of retrieving drop pods
             Lisa Hernandez: +20

Repair & Maintenance
[]Damage Control & Machine Shop(Offline)

Science
[X]On the Shoulders of Giants: Biology (2 manpower, 2 vac suits)
               Research atmospheric conditions and design survival suit

Other
[X]Wake up 3 people from cryo stasis (3 manpower (same people running life support))

Turns out we need On the Shoulders of Giants to create atmosphere suits.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:04:48 pm by Andres »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 13, 2015, 11:00:46 pm »

I wouldn't call cranking out a basic protection suit a science action. Hell, there is probably one in the database.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 13, 2015, 11:01:38 pm »

Let's hope Tryar is merciful...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48