Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33183 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 9:Landfall
« Reply #405 on: February 13, 2015, 04:05:39 pm »

Also, start doing enviro checks. Temperature, pressure, oxygen concentration...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 13, 2015, 04:17:56 pm »

There's an option under ship mods that gives the ship limited atmospheric capability. Without it thew ship has all the aerodynamics of a plutonium brick :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 13, 2015, 04:22:51 pm »

I doubt damage control needs advanced parts, its a machine shop and tools, not a 3D printer.  Lets see how damaged it is before we proceed.

Also good landing considering our entire cargo bay did not break open and vent our cargo over the surface.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 13, 2015, 04:24:20 pm »

So general consensus is check damage and get the exosuits unloaded?
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 13, 2015, 04:26:12 pm »

Restore power is first priority, assuming there is nothing actively on fire.  Then exosuits and check damage.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 13, 2015, 04:30:27 pm »

Right. I'll have the update soonish, along with your psych cards

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 13, 2015, 04:53:59 pm »

Alright, Once per Chiron Year you can choose ONE Psych card to give bonuses to your actions. Keep in mind it is up to you to keep track of the bonuses to actions, as I will happily ignore any positive bonus you forget to apply, but I WILL apply any negatives you may have neglected to assign, and at my prerogative >:D.

On the Shoulders of Giants
"This is a life bearing world, we should study it!"
Science(Biology) slot
++ Other science actions
- all Mining actions("Hey, this is a habitat for this lifeform we haven't studied yet, you can't drill here!")

Diggy Diggy Hole
"We've come to this earth-like planet with all these resources. Time to dig!"
++ Mining actions
- to any single Manufacturing and Building action(why am I not mining?!)

Tighten that bolt
"We only have 5 years to set up a colony for 100,000 people. We need to get building!"
++ Manufacturing & Building
+ Repair
- Resource Efficiency("Hey, we can mine more of it, don't need to hoard")

One Small Step
"Dude, we just traveled 4 light years to a new world! Take a moment and think on this"
+ Mood on all actions
-- single Manufacturing OR Mining action per turn("Chill man, we're just taking in the scenery, we'll get back to work in a minute")

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 13, 2015, 05:06:11 pm »

As the dust settles from the crashlanding, the crew gets to work. First priority  is getting power back to the life support, and the machine shop. This proves to not be tricky, as it was just some severed conduits and not a reactor malfuction that caused the loss of power. Some rerouting of power cables and power is restored.

Unfortunately, Damage Control is a real mess. Conservative estimates is that it CAN be fixed, but it'll take months, maybe even a full Chiron year to clean out the wreckage and fix the machinery. And that's not all the damage found, cargo took a hit too.

The good news is the big ticket items, the Factory kit and the Life Sciences database, was shaken up a little but took no damage. The BAD news is half the remaining basic parts was smashed to scrap, along with one of the exosuits when the forward part of the cargo bay crumpled, and the cargo bay itself is breached. There are also numerous hull tears along the bottom of the ship from the impact which will need to be fixed to maintain atmospheric sealing.

As the day winds down, the crew manage to free the remaining exosuit and power it up, and begin sorting the scrap and components into piles for later use. The drop pods are also located, about 15 km north and 8 km to the west of the landing site, making for a jog to retrieve the rest of the cargo...

Actions available

Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, -5 to bonus)

[]Damage Control & Machine Shop(Offline)

Mining

Engineering
[]VR CAD

Repair & Maintenance

[]Damage Control & Machine Shop(Offline:0/100 to fix)

Other
[]Raw Manpower
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:25:10 pm by tryrar »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 13, 2015, 06:16:50 pm »

We only have 5 people who can work outside the ship right now, we need to study the local atmosphere and build respirators or something.

The second exo suit is total scrap right?

That seems like a long distance for a walk, 16 hour round trip, no way we can haul a computer that far.  Design mountain bikes to retrieve the digging machines?

It will be a bit before we can start digging, lets concentrate on research first.

Wake up 3 more people to bring our total to 35 next month, if she is not up have our leader be one woken up, 32 manpower this month.

Lets have 15 manpower repair the machine shop, the exo-suit and 3 vac suited guys repair the holes on the outside of the ship, starting with cargo, with scrap and split the rest into learning about atmospheric conditions and making some kind of survival suit.

Loosing that machine shop AND exo-suit basically destroyed any manufacturing we can do right now.

Actions

Psych Card: On the Shoulders of Giants

Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, -5 to bonus) (1 manpower) (3 manpower 3 vac suits)
                     Repair external damage, cargo bay first

[]Machine Shop & Damage Control(damaged, offline:0/100 to fix)

Mining

Engineering
[]VR CAD (3 manpower)
             Prototype mountain bikes.

Repair & Maintenance
[]Damage Control & Machine Shop(Offline)

Science
[]On the Shoulders of Giants: Biology (5 manpower, 2 vac suits)
               Research atmospheric conditions and design survival suit.

Other
[]Raw Manpower (20 manpower)
               Repair machine shop.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 13, 2015, 06:22:26 pm »

For the survival suits what we need is just a layer to prevent contamination from the environment and some kind of mask and back mounted battery powered filter to remove too much CO2, Nitrogen and whatever other contaminants there are.

If we are really desperate for materials we can just make the masks and filter system and just scrub off when we get back inside...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 13, 2015, 06:25:23 pm »

If you recycle components from the second exosuit and provide materials, you can construct a new one, but yeah it's basically scrap. The frame is irreparably twisted out of shape and crushed.

Oh, and I should explain raw manpower actions: As long as you have 6 free workers, you can take an additional action of any description at a -20 bonus. If you assign more people, you can decrease this penalty by 5 for every three extra workers assigned(so no penalty if you assign 18 workers to something, and a +5 bonus for 21 workers, and so on).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:28:13 pm by tryrar »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 13, 2015, 06:41:31 pm »

I should also take this time to bring up the various actions your heroes can do:

Lisa Hernandez

++Engineering

One extra Engineering slot at +10 OR an engineering project at +20

+Reactor

Reactor Maintenance and Repair roll at +10

-Manufacturing

Lisa's designs tend to go for the more elegant solution rather than the simple one, so they take 20% longer to manufacture

Anna Koblinikova

++Security

+20 To Scouting & Exploration OR An extra Scouting & Exploration slot at +10

+20 to any other action that can be classified as Security(from establishing and training a colony militia to organizing a hunting party on dangerous wildlife, and anything in-between)

+Morale(Others)
+10 passive morale on any project/expedition she leads

+Manufacturing
+10 to any one manufacturing project OR extra Manufacturing & Construction slot

--Morale(Self)

Any critfail for any project she leads will hit her with a -20 morale penalty

Edit: And yes, both of them are awake
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:51:08 pm by tryrar »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 13, 2015, 06:50:55 pm »

Here comes my suggestion!

Spoiler: Suggestion (click to show/hide)

[]Wake three people from pods (2 manpower)

Reasons for why I chose some things over other:

People need time off, even if its something tiny like a day per month.
 Mountain bikes? To bring back mining vehicles?
 Shoulders of giants seems a bit... Nasty to me. Personally, I think it should be a malus on surface actions.

Also, Tryrar, you really need or list our resources in the updates.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 13, 2015, 06:54:46 pm »

Right: Let me put a list together, though right now your list of resources is just scrap and some advanced and basic parts; you'll need to scout out some minerals before they'll be listed.

The main problem I'm having though is trying to calculate from earth years to Chiron years so I can calculate correct fuel use, though that doesn't really matter unless something happens to the fuel tank since there's enough to last until the ark gets here...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 13, 2015, 07:06:08 pm »

We also need to know exactly what is in the pods and what is in the ship. We have an idea, beut we need to know what you say is in what.

Also, a ticker with the number of people active/injured/frozen would be good.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48