Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33225 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: turn 5, 2058-2062(GM Brainfart!)
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2015, 09:50:57 pm »

When are we getting an update?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2015, 10:07:15 pm »

I vote for the VR CAD program, even if we do not have long to use it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2015, 10:17:08 pm »

What's a VR CAD program?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2015, 11:12:48 pm »

What's a VR CAD program?

Virtual Reality Computer Aided Design.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2015, 11:19:01 pm »

I suggested we design one once, and you are asking if we have a shitty gamey version of one.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 08, 2015, 11:45:46 am »

Sorry, was waiting on consensus on what you guys were doing(plus had a family thing, so no update yesterday). I'll wait a bit more for any additions then run the turn
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 08, 2015, 11:48:49 am »

I think its currently Design a CAD program for the VR pods, and inspect ship for damage, repairing what we can.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 08, 2015, 12:10:36 pm »

Journey date:2958-2062

>Actions: program a VR CAD and inspect ship for damage

>>VR-CAD:59

Coding a program to use full virtual reality to design, prototype and test any object the creator can come up with is surprisingly difficult, even with the extra VR pods to allow for multiple simultaneous iterations. it takes a full 4 years to do so, and the extra heavy usage of the VR pods to do so has an impact on the crew's entertainment, causing a morale hit.(VR CAD available)

>>Inspect ship and repair damage:67
Some good news is that the most severe damage to the airlock was the panel being pried off so it could essentially be hotwired. some basic parts and it's as good as new. The crew also takes this opportunity to do preemptive maintenance on as many systems as possible, though not much can be done while in flight....(Airlock fixed, failed to achieve critical rolls so -10 on next maint check; -0.05 basic parts)

>>>Event:90

Aside from some grumbling about constantly occupied VR pods, and a bit of boredom, nothing much exciting happens for the first part of the interstellar voyage, besides a few crew members taking a bit of basic parts and discovering the specially gene-engineered plants created for the Gaia CBLS can be brewed for beer. This perks up the spirits of the crew quite a bit, making them forget the overcrowded pods. (-0.05 basic parts, crew morale penalty negated)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: turn 6, 2062-2066(NOW it's turn 6!)
« Reply #248 on: February 08, 2015, 02:48:23 pm »

Holy crap. I thought that every single maintenance action would take 1 basic part. This is a lot better than expected. Very nice.

A standard list of information of fuel-levels, thrust output, and time to reach Alpha Centauri would be nice. We'll especially need to know when we can coast so we can do a more thorough check of the ship.

How many crew members and cryo pods do we have? I'd like to know how much of our crew is awake to count as a large, awake crew bonus.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 08, 2015, 04:16:13 pm »

We coast during the center, but I agree that we need to know howmany turns till then so we can prepare.
Highly Opinionated Fool

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2015, 02:06:54 am »

We are using an electrostatic engine, we do not need to coast unless we want to.

Normally we would coast in order to save fuel but that would cost us fuel in this case.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2015, 02:10:44 am »

We can run the reactor at 50%, thus saving us fuel. Alternatively, we could overcharge the engines if we think the trip'll take too long.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2015, 02:14:23 am »

Wait, why aren't we overcharging the thrusters right now.

We are under 50% power for the whole trip.

If anything we need more power to the ion engines!  Over 1000%! (No please do not actually do this)

Design D-D Fusion reactor with VR CAD.

We can always run our design through the optronic computer before we build it and make a MK 2.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:48:20 am by VoidSlayer »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2015, 02:37:22 am »

We need that fuel. We cant resupply He3 once we get there, and have to run the reactor to power us untill we can replace it.

Also, the FUCK is a D-D fusion reactor? You have to explain things a bit.

-edit after looking it up-
Deuterium, deuterium reactor?

In any case, you have to specify things. Its like saying "I want a gun". What sorta gun? Water gun? Laser cannon? Deathstar?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:39:14 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2015, 02:48:00 am »

Let's use the VR program to design a first generation fusion reactor. One that uses the more available deuterium-tritium reaction rather than requiring He-3.

+1

Sorry meant this.

My point on the reactor is it can not go below 50%, and if we run all our systems at max, including the super max ion engine... it will still be below 50% energy used.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48