Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33195 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: Pre-launch Turn 4, October to December
« Reply #195 on: February 05, 2015, 10:22:39 pm »

Final mass should be 157, 252 month or 21 years.  4.15 fuel remaining.

I wish we could fill those drop pods with cheap something but we have no RU's left.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 05, 2015, 10:30:22 pm »

Though I will point out we have 5 space suits for 40 crew.
That's all we need to fix any problems. The rest can just go into cryopods until the situation is fixed.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2015, 10:32:02 pm »

Oh, I planned to bring 90 people... 40 crew and 50 sleepers.

My plan had no medbay at all!

Maybe it is a good idea we did not go with my plan.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2015, 10:42:36 pm »

How many cryopods do we have and how many awake/cryo people can we support?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2015, 11:16:51 pm »

The full 50 as well as support for 100 pods(though it only comes with 50). Oh, and since it seems to be Plan Andre, I'll have a turn up soonish
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2015, 12:17:34 am »

Code: [Select]
[]Event:
 []Powered Exoskeleton Constructors & 30 RU
After a short debate, it is decided that constructor units would be the best choice, as well as a lot of resources. These are fowarded to the Yerkri Astgheri posthaste.

[]Build:
 []Multipurpose Habitation and Care Bay Mod B
What appears to be the last module, a MHCB mod B, is constructed and connected.

[]Cargo Orders:
1xAir tanks & vac suits
2xAdvanced parts
2xBasic parts
LSL database
Digging and drilling vehicles
Seed bank

[]Research:Increased Ion Thrust
(Research roll:81)
The Electrostatic Ion Engine, due to being relatively simple and not needing volatile or high-energy fuels, is rather rugged and idiot-proof to the point of near indestructibility. Engineers have run some tests, and by increasing power consumption by 50% there is a 20% increase in thrust with an acceptable decrease in safety margins and a slight increase in wear.(Ion Thrust is now 30, power consumption is 7.5 MW)

[]Event Roll: 1(OH SHI-)

Unrest of the last part of the year has blown up into full scale riots and revolutions as several of the cults have banded together in an attempt to "Punish the wicked and lay the groundwork for the kingdom of the righteous", believing if they are in control, earth won't be touched by the coming wrath of God. Order has broken down rapidly as the governments are suddenly overwhelm by this level of chaos. The central world government had put an expedite order on all activities relating to the launch of the ships, so it was no surprise that Lisa was working late at night aboard the ship filling paperwork and approving orders. Thoughts of maybe staying another 3 months are shattered though, when she gets a particualr phone call from someone in the government comms office on Luna:
"This is a priority message for Yerkri Astgheri! Code Zulu-Khan! I repeat, Code Zulu-Kha...!"
The message gets cut off, but she knows the code. It had been in the last official upload to her pad 3 weeks ago, along with a special shipment of weapons. With the government rapidly losing control and security unable to be guaranteed, that code signified 'Government has fallen, prepare to defend while you make preparations to depart!'

Racing to the bridge, she hits a couple buttons on the console and the lights flash red, sirens blare, and an all hands message broadcasts:

"This is captain Lisa Hernandez, all hands prepare for departure! The government has fallen, and security of the outpost mission is threatened! As such, I and declaring Condition Delta Castle. I want the fusion reactor at full startup yesterday, and anyone not aboard in the next 10 minutes is gonna be SOL!"

Just then, a message from the docking bay: Captain, most of the crew is aboard already, but one last group was scheduled to arrive today and I haven't seen them yet. Worse, there is a rather unfriendly looking mob out on the umbilical, and I don't think they're here for a tour! I've locked down the airlock for now, but I'm not sure if that will ho-Wait, they're trying to force the door, and they've cut local control! I need help!"

[]"Hit the blast doors, that will slow them down enough for our people to reroute through the secondary docking area!"(Success, mob stymied, crew boards, ship safe)
[]"Johnson, Rodriguez, take a team, grab those weapons, and prepare to repel boarders! We thin them out enough to drive them back, I people can get aboard!"(Success, 1d6 injuries, mob driven off, crew boards, ship safe)
[]"We're out of time! I'm sorry, but we can't wait and they'll have to stay. Cut the umbilical and prepare for departure!"(Success: Mob killed, 2d6 crew gets left behind, ship safe)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2015, 12:23:21 am »

[]"We're out of time! I'm sorry, but we can't wait and they'll have to stay. Cut the umbilical and prepare for departure!"

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 06, 2015, 12:24:12 am »

[]"Johnson, Rodriguez, take a team, grab those weapons, and prepare to repel boarders! We thin them out enough to drive them back, I people can get aboard!"(Success, 1d6 injuries, mob driven off, crew boards, ship safe)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2015, 12:24:47 am »

Well shit. The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.

What's the difference between option 1 and option 2? The only difference is that option 2 results in injuries.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 06, 2015, 12:25:30 am »

Option one fails, the mob can get into several areas before a security team can contain them, leading to !FUN!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 06, 2015, 12:32:18 am »

+1! Kill them with our space weapons!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2015, 01:56:09 am »

Space weapons. Seems safer than the barricades.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2015, 02:06:02 am »

Hopefully the other scout ships will make it. It would suck if Alpha Centauri will be all that's left.

Why don't we just fire the engines to kill the mob and then turn off the engines to let everyone else on?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2015, 02:12:01 am »

We.. can not re-dock.. also not enough vac suits to do a spacewalk over.  I would guess.

Also widespread riots.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 06, 2015, 02:26:53 am »

That's three votes for option B, guess I'll update then!

[]"Johnson, Rodriguez, take a team, grab those weapons, and prepare to repel boarders! We thin them out enough to drive them back, I people can get aboard!"

"Yes ma'am!"

The two round up a security party of around 20, and grabbing the stunners and assault rifles take up positions in the hallway leading to the airlock. Just in time too, as the mob forces the door and piles into the airlock. Johnson shouts "This is your only warning, leave now or you won't like the consequences!"

"Screw you, you heathen bastards. God's punishment awaits!" With that, an unruly mob armed with clubs, knives, and a few pistols rushes the crew-only to be rather thoroughly beaten back by the prepared defenders. It's rather a slaughter actually, as the mob seems to have no real tactics other than large numbers, and it doesn't take long for their will to break and for them to scatter back down to the main concourse. It is at this time a different group, armed with pistols and laser rifles, manage to break through the rear of the mob-almost getting shot for their trouble by the nervous, trigger happy crew.

"Don't shoot, it's us! Koblinikova and party to join outpost mission as ordered! Now let us aboard before they rush the airlock again!"

"You guys took goddamn long enough, another three minute and we'd have left without you!" Johnson lets them aboard and then herd the security party down the ship's hallway before slamming the button for the blast doors. Then he hits the intercom:"Alright captain, the last crew has arrived and are aboard, and that mob looks like it's have enough for now. Can we please just LEAVE?"

"I read you Johnson, and agree I think it's time we blew this Popsicle stand at a rather unsafe velocity!" She turns to the bridge crew "I want full status checks on all systems NOW! Reactor!"
"Reactor online and at nominal readings!"
"Life Support!"
"Life support in the green!"
"Damage Control!"
"Damage control parties organized and the machine shop is ready. The airlock controls took a bit of a beating but that can be fixed easily once we get the hell out of here!"
"Medical!"
"Medical here, the doctor is in! Johnson got winged a little by a pistol, but a couple stitches and taking it easy for a couple day should fix that."
"Main engine!"
"Main engine on standby, ready to engage at your order!"
All system go then? Then lets kick this party off!" She hits the intecom. "This is your captain speaking, everyone assume their launch duty stations and strap in to their acceleration couches, cause we are leaving and not stopping for fucking nobody!" She turns back to the crew. "Alright, I want the umbilical cut, and main engine start. Full power burn once we are free!"

From the outside, nothing really noticeable happens at first. Then there is light. A little at first, then brighter and brighter as the Ion engine starts kicking out more and more charged particles, and the ship slowly accelerates away from the dock. Attempts to access the ship form the outside by vac-suited invaders fail as they quickly get left behind as the ship picks up more and more speed. Breifly seen is the scene replayed by two other, similar yet completely different ships, as they two escape the madness of Earth's last days. All three ships manage to clear lunar orbit short, on their way to different destinations, but with the same hope: Survival.

(Event resolution bonus: New hero gained!

Anna Koblinikova

Security++
Morale(Others)+
Manufacturing+
Morale(Self)--

Anna grew up in blue-collar family, with parent who worked in the great manufactoriums of Earth. Though she was familiar by age 10 on all the machines used by them, she wanted something different and joined the security forces, where she had a natural talent for leading. Nobody is harder on her than herself though, and when things go wrong she tends to take it hard.)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:01:31 am by tryrar »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48