Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33193 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: Pre-launch Turn 4, October to December
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2015, 03:36:54 am »

LSL build, if you want a medbay with this you gotta wait until 11th hour.

Turn 4 Provisional order

Event: Construction Exo-skeleton and 30 RU.

Construction:
          Cargo bay size small (1 RU)
          Damage Control & machine shop (3 RU)

Cargo:
Cargo Bay S:
LSL (20RU) (10 space)

Cargo Bay M:
My First Factory (Done) (10 space)
Powered Exo-skeleton Constructor Units (free) (Size 3)
Basic Parts (2 RU) (Size 1)
Advanced Parts (3 RU) (Size 1)
2x Vac suits (2 RU) (Size 2)
Air (1RU) (Size 1)
Optronic Central Computer (done) (2 space)

Drop Pod A:(2 size leftover)
1x Vac suits (1 RU) (1 Size)
2x Rare Materials (4RU) (2 Size)

Drop Pod B:
Digging & drilling vehicles (2RU) (4 space)
1x Vac suits (1 RU) (1 Size)

Final Check and launch.

40 RU spent, 3 RU leftover for medbay or additional supplies 2 space left in cargo pod A 2 in hull

Edit:  Wait did I read that right 40 awake crew AND 100 cryopods?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:10:56 am by VoidSlayer »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2015, 03:49:06 am »

Personally, I say screw the full LSL, but bringing the database would be good. We can always build the full thing when we get there.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2015, 03:58:54 am »

@Void, yes but it only comes with 50 pods. You'd have to supply the other 50 (I thought it coming with the full 100 was a little much, even with a critical success)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2015, 04:06:32 am »

Oh okay I thought it was 50 earlier too.  Still 90 people, we can afford to lose some! No need for medical.

Also the rare materials are here for advanced part production or reproducing a second my first factory.

Research:  My Second Factory:  Using the my first factory 3D printing as a base this adds on ore processing, smelting, a robotic assembly line and room for human labor with tools.  The strain on the advanced robotics and printing is reduced with more specialized machines for common tasks.  Takes up a larger space and more workforce then the My First Factory but can build the same items with more reliability and volume.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2015, 04:22:30 am »

In regards to my plan, here's the distribution of cargo:

Cargo M(23):
MFFK(10)
1xAir tanks(1)
2xAdvanced parts(2)
2xBasic parts(2)
LSL database(5)
OCC(2)
(22 total)

Cargo A(5):
Digging and drilling(4)

Cargo B(5):
Seed bank(3)

This distribution makes sure that all the important, very hard/impossible-to-replicate things don't get lost in space if one or both of the drop pods fail.

EDIT: For research, perhaps we can find out a way to increase ion engine output with no safety issues but needing to use a much larger amount of electricity.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:28:06 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2015, 04:26:35 am »

My setup can move the Optronic computer to the main cargo hold then add some basic raw materials and basic parts to that cargo pod, if you want to juggle things around.

Still no medical bay.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2015, 04:33:15 am »

Could you possibly tell us which star has gone supernova? Just so we can attach a name to the enemy.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2015, 04:36:21 am »

heh, it doesn't even have a name, just a string of numbers and letters oh...about 40 light years away
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2015, 04:46:55 am »

So what's the string of numbers and letters? Maybe we can form a name out of it?

EDIT: The name of the star will be 'Palpatine'.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:49:24 am by Andres »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2015, 10:51:59 am »

My setup can move the Optronic computer to the main cargo hold then add some basic raw materials and basic parts to that cargo pod, if you want to juggle things around.

Still no medical bay.

Why raw materials? It would be more efficient to get more parts or something.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2015, 10:53:28 am »

No guarantee that you'll easily find the minerals required for advanced parts. They require gallium, lithium, gold, and other rare minerals.

Also, it appears we have two competing build plans. Anyone wanna break the tie?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2015, 11:07:48 am »

Raw materials are less expensive and the Factory kit works very well with already refined materials, even producing advanced parts.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 05, 2015, 09:54:16 pm »

If no one else wants to vote for my plan, I will support the other plan as long as we make a minor change.

Choose option 2, get a Powered constructor exo-suit and 30, use 10 of those to get the Bio-Bank (Reduced LSL computer backup), then the additional 20 for the rest of your plan.  Basically a free extra Powered constructor exo-suit set compared to your plan.  We can stuff it in the unprotected hull or something.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 05, 2015, 10:02:34 pm »

If no one else wants to vote for my plan, I will support the other plan as long as we make a minor change.

Choose option 2, get a Powered constructor exo-suit and 30, use 10 of those to get the Bio-Bank (Reduced LSL computer backup), then the additional 20 for the rest of your plan.  Basically a free extra Powered constructor exo-suit set compared to your plan.  We can stuff it in the unprotected hull or something.
Deal! Just so long as we're clear, the thing you refer to as the "Bio-Bank" is also known as the "LSL database", right?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 05, 2015, 10:12:46 pm »

Deal! Just so long as we're clear, the thing you refer to as the "Bio-Bank" is also known as the "LSL database", right?

Yes, I proposed the exact same thing in the other outpost game.  Just as planned.  ;)

Though I will point out we have 5 space suits for 40 crew.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48