Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33180 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: Pre-launch Turn 4, October to December
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2015, 02:42:21 am »

let me put it this way: It wasn't exactly a hard task for the crypods to be replaced with a recreation area. The only way it would have failed was for a critfail to happen on the roll, and that didn't happen. (For reference, a good success[over 50] would have kept it the same size, and a critical success[over 90] would have shrunk it as well as making it cost less)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2015, 02:47:53 am »

This is wrong. It should be mentioning that the ion drive uses up 5 MW but it's not. Relatedly, it should say we're at 25.5/75 MW, not 20.5/75 MW. I'm also puzzled as to how a ship's engine could possibly use up less electricity than a few cryopods.

EDIT: What happens if we miss the recommended launch window?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2015, 02:50:40 am »

Okay then alternate build order.  Uses 43 RU.

Option 2: Powered Exoskeleton Constructors + 30 RU

Swapping out the meat vat for a organic sludge compressor gives  13 more RU and 2 more space so we can get the Mod B.

Construction:
           Workshop and damage control
           Medical Bay
           Cargo pod
Cargo:
Powered Exoskeleton Constructors (free) (Size 3)
Digging and drilling vehicles (2 RU) (Size 4)
Seed Bank (2 RU) (size 3)
Meat Vat kit (15 RU) (Size 4)
Advanced parts x1 (3 RU) (Size 1)
Basic parts x1 (2 RU) (Size 1)
Vac Suits x4 (4 RU) (Size 4)
2x  Rare Materials (4 RU)  (Size 2)
1x Air (1 RU) (Size 1)
1x Medical supplies (2 RU) (Size 1)

Cargo Hold M
My first factory 10
Optronic Central Computer 2
1x Vac Suits
Powered Exoskeleton Constructors 3
Advanced Parts
Basic Parts
Air
Medical Supplies

Cargo Pod A
Digging and drilling vehicles
1x Vac Suits

Cargo Pod B
Meat Vat Kit
1x Vac Suits

Cargo Pod C
2x  Rare Materials
1x Vac Suits
Seed Bank 2

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2015, 02:53:20 am »

I don't see an LSL database in there. Why do you hate all life on Earth, VoidSlayer? Huh?

Also, does the LSL database include dinosaur DNA? :o

EDIT: You really think a bloody meat vat kit is more important than the sum total existence of known life? Seriously? Seriously!?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:55:23 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2015, 02:54:10 am »

Probably not.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2015, 02:55:38 am »

If you go for the 11th hour launch, you'll get buffeted a bit by the particle wave in route, giving a bit of wear and tear on the hull of the ship(and possible !FUN! due to increased wear)

If you go full storm, the dockworkers themselves might start dying, and you'll have a hell of a time getting out of Sol in one peice as you're risking the crew's health immensely

Also, thanks for pointing out something I missed. Relatedly, can someone co back and double-check my math for everything built and ordered so I have the correct values on RU, size, and mass? Slight bonus on your first maint roll for this /lazyGM

Ninjaedit:No, no dinsaur DNA. What are you, John Hammond?
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2015, 02:58:35 am »

I don't see an LSL database in there. Why do you hate all life on Earth, VoidSlayer? Huh?

EDIT: You really think a bloody meat vat kit is more important than the sum total existence of known life? Seriously? Seriously!?

Well yes, but I have other reasons!

The meat vat is 15 RU size 4, the LSL is 20 RU size 10.

We would be dropping the optronic computer in a drop pod and have no parts, air or vac suits on the trip over.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2015, 02:59:30 am »

Also, as much as I like the LSL(it WAS my idea in Outpost Exodus), I'm giving official warning Andre you need to calm down. You've made your case for at least the database, it's up to the rest of the group to decide if they want it, and you're agressive pushing of it is getting annoying

Also in case it wasan't clear, I ruled you can grab just the database that contains all the LSL data for about half the size and cost of a full LSL. I'll go put that on the front page

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2015, 03:02:24 am »

Okay I am gonna check over my spreadsheet and save a final version, cargo is listed as one unit though to save space.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2015, 03:02:56 am »

Well yes, but I have other reasons!

The meat vat is 15 RU size 4, the LSL is 20 RU size 10.

We would be dropping the optronic computer in a drop pod and have no parts, air or vac suits on the trip over.
Not the full LSL - the LSL database. Just the database - without all the gene-altering/cloning/whatever tools - is half-off. That means 10 RU, and size 5.

Also, as much as I like the LSL(it WAS my idea in Outpost Exodus), I'm giving official warning Andre you need to calm down. You've made your case for at least the database, it's up to the rest of the group to decide if they want it, and you're agressive pushing of it is getting annoying
Sorry about that. I'll try to contain myself in the future.

Yes, I was ninja'd.

EDIT: In my last post, my first sentence wasn't supposed to be so aggressive-sounding. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:08:16 am by Andres »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2015, 03:09:49 am »

Eh, I would go full LSL or nothing, we do not have the luxury of worrying about other species over practical concerns.

A full LSL can allow us to research and build meat vats and hydroponics and customized bacterial vat factories and algae hydrocarbon photosynthetic tubes and such.  Just the database is.. a curiosity for two generations from now to look over.  Let them damn our shortsightedness, but at least they will have the luxury of doing so.

I can build an 11th hour LSL build though.  I got the super-dome so it should be doable to get the LSL in there.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2015, 03:11:17 am »

Wait what size did we start out at?   I thought it was 50.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2015, 03:13:08 am »

Two generations over? No no no no no. With the factory and drilling equipment we could probably get the equipment set up in less than 2 years, 5 years max.

Perhaps we should get a morale penalty if we don't bring the LSL database? I mean, everyone would be pretty bummed out if they knew that all the important stuff from Earth was literally gone forever.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2015, 03:14:25 am »

I made an error on forgetting to include the actual size of the cargo bay in the calculation, so it was an actual start of size 72(22 for the cargo bay, 50 free)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2015, 03:18:48 am »

Yeah the RUs and space are correct, after all currently built items we have 63 RU and 17 space -40 RU for MFFK and -10 RU for OCCC. 

I am not going to bother with mass until we get a cargo loadout, my estimates put an extra 80 mass and there is no way we are going that high.

Outpost Delta turn 3 ship calculator (No cargo)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:26:27 am by VoidSlayer »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48