Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33074 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta:Turn 1
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 02:57:14 am »

yeah, you have 8 build actions if you want to launch at the reccomended time, 10 if you want to go 11th hour. Just need consensus on that build order and I can finally run the turn
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 03:36:03 am »

Yeah, turn one on build always seems to be the longest discussion time, since we all try and break the game  :P

Also I kinda gave up on multiple engines cause I realized we would be getting close to a average speed of .6c and no one wants to deal with relativity!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 03:49:39 am »

Just to be clear, you want the first research to be the giant biodome correct?
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 06:53:17 am »

Yeah, I kinda realized that the CBSF is already very optimized after reading through some of outpost 4.

Just hoping for a very good roll on that super dome, we can always use the CBSF as backup.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 07:45:53 pm »

Alright, since nobody else has chimed in, I'll have the turn up soonish

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 08:20:44 pm »

Code: [Select]
[]Construction
          []Command Center (Electronic)
          []Expanded Superstructure

Crews get to work adding supporting struts and reinforced beams, expanding the size of the framework in space and adding more room on the ship, as well as installing the electronic command center that will be the brains of the ship.

[]Cargo
          []My First Factory
Meanwhile, a standard automated factory is ordered, and will be available at the end of the year

[]Research
          []Large cryo bio dome
(Research roll 94 critical success)

Your request for an integrated boiodome and cryobay has the best scientists and engineers on the planet scrambling, and they eventually come up with a true evolution in life support technology. The Gaia Composite Biodome Life Support(CBLS) combines advances in automation and expert systems, plus new gene-engineered plants and CO2 recycling tech as well as a new cryopod design to allow for up to 40 awake crew AND 100 cryopods, and can support a staggering additional 500 pods(on a 1-to-10 basis on pods and crew). They even found room for a couple VR pods as well as secondary storage(3 points of cargo) all in the approximate space of a large cargo bay. The only downsides are the rather huge cost(55 RUs!) the mass(it masses in around 30), power consuption(20 MW of power) and the fact the heavy use of automation and optronic expert systems to cut down on maintenance means that very little of the major parts are in storage and will take 6 moths to create. That said, some scientists are regretful this wasn't available on the arkships, as this could have saved a lot more people...

Gaia Composite Biodome Life Support(CBLS) 55 RU, Size 44, Mass 30, 20 MW. This huge biodome combines specially gene-engieered plants as well as advances in cryotech and atmospheric recycling to allow for near-indefinite life support for up to 40 awake crew AND 100 cryopods, with additional support for up to 500 cryopods on a 10-1 basis on pod per awake person. Additionally carries a couple VR pods for crew relaxation, 50 crypods pre-installed, and secondary storage(3 points worth). Requires 3 additional awake persons. Warning, advanced rech! Major components not in storage! Time to build: 6 months

Event:(66) As the months go buy, increasing reports of civil unrest appear, indicating that as more and more people absorb the implication of the impact of the particle wave on their daily lives(that is to say, utter destruction), they lash out in random acts of violence. There are even scattered reports of doomsday cults popping up here and there....

Build orders:
1)
2)

Cargo Orders:

Research Orders:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:26:52 pm by tryrar »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta: Pre-launch Turn 2, April to June
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2015, 08:50:51 pm »

So, hang on, we are going to use the below ship, bolting on extra guff as needed?
Expanded superstructure
Reinforced outer hull (protects the biodome)
Command centre (electronic central computer)
Fusion Plasma Torch
13xRadioisotope thermoelectric battery (I'm guessing it's entirely free to build these and building these doesn't take up a build slot
Biodome /w hydroponics
4xHe-3 Fuel Tank (Aren't fuel tanks just as simple as batteries? Maybe this should also be a free build slot.)
Damage Control & machine shop
Medical Bay
Stats:
16 8 build slots, 8 4 turns
RU 87 (113 left)   
Size used 35/80   
Mass 42 (the holy number)
Energy use 2.5/23
Crew Awake 10
Crew Needed 5
Time to destination without coasting: 7.65 years
Fuel remaining without coasting: 0.34
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2015, 09:00:24 pm »

...not sure what you mean. The ship as of right now, is just a framework with a command center and a cargo bay, with plenty of room for other things to be attached

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2015, 09:03:40 pm »

I realize that, but the general plan for a ship is what I am asking about.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2015, 09:08:44 pm »

Well generally people argue forever about a plan for a ship but then just go piecemeal in these sorts of games. But as long as there's a command center, life support, an engine, enough power for everything, and enough fuel to get there it doesn't matter what the building plan is. May I suggest though getting that shiny shiny new toy? :P

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2015, 09:30:44 pm »

I had the build be the easiest things we agreed on.

Here is the build I was thinking, given the success in the bio dome research.

Bolded already built, bolded is same as your build.
Expanded superstructure
Command center (electronic central computer)
Gaia Composite Biodome Life Support(CBLS)
VSI Magnetoplasma Rocket
He-3 MCF Fusion generator /w external radiators
8xHe-3 Fuel Tank
Multipurpose Care- and Habitation Bay (Medical+Machine shop +15 cryo pods)
Reinforced outer hull (protects the biodome)

Still calculating it because I messed something up with customizing the star ship spreadsheet.

This lets us ramp the fusion up to 75 mw for 6 years approximately after we hit the planet.

What research were you thinking? 

Also we cant bolt anything on, adding extended superstructure is bolting things on.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2015, 09:32:05 pm »

Its not my design, I grabbed it from further up the page.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2015, 09:34:34 pm »

Yeah, that critical success surprised me. I was expecting a success since what you were asking for wasn't too hard, but a 94 caught me off guard :P. What exactly have you been sacrificing to the Dice Gods?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2015, 09:54:43 pm »

Yeah, that critical success surprised me. I was expecting a success since what you were asking for wasn't too hard, but a 94 caught me off guard :P. What exactly have you been sacrificing to the Dice Gods?

Outpost 6... he he.

Also the spreadsheet I was using had all the generators and thrusters add resources instead of subtracting them so... give me some time.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2015, 09:55:38 pm »

I bet it has to do with my thinking of joining. Afterall, last design game I was in had all the critical successes.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 48