Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Tale of the Game. A game of court intrigue, feuds and wars. Infinite spots.  (Read 8330 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

I think Playergamer will be the last dynasty starter.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
After this turn, all turns will be in seasonal time units.
((Can I join as a child or something?))
When one is born, yes. remember that firstborn are reserved for their fathers/mothers player. Unless the said father wants to donate his firstborn to you.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

IMPORTANT NOTE:
When one is born, yes. remember that firstborn are reserved for their fathers/mothers player. Unless the said father wants to donate his firstborn to you.
(("Hello Sir/Madam. Would you be interested in offering your firstborn child to insane dwarf spirits who will control his/her every action?"  :P ))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile

IMPORTANT NOTE:
(("Hello Sir/Madam. Would you be interested in offering your firstborn child to insane dwarf spirits who will control his/her every action?"  :P ))
(("Why of course the answer was right under my nose, sacrafice my children to these insane dwarf spirits and unleash them upon my enemies."))
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Sorry for my recent inactivity, but I was quite overwhelmed by school and the flu. I should be better now, and probably will be able to post a turn on Saturday.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

Yay this is updating! Anyway I hope you feel better soon.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile

How are turns exactly going to work? If someone says they will attempt courtship, wouldn't they need a list of potential brides and grooms? Would there be mini turns or something for people whose actions take more than one post and could take place reasonably within 1 season?
Max avatar size is 80x80

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Courting people will be quite simple. If you are going for a lowborn, you specify what traits you want and then I get my dice ready. The result will be interpreted to how close can you get to your mark. If you want to court someone of higher status, you will have a list of potential brides and grooms. For now, though, you pretty much will have a hard time impressing a noblewoman.

Oz Berren:
"Lord Guillem, were you harmed in the battle at all? I would like to know if I did my job well and helped you to not meet a gruesome end. Or a acquire a grievous wound."

Make idle chit chat with my Lord Guillem.

"Oz, dear friend, I am perfectly fine. The only thing that heathen hurt is my pride. But there are more pressing matters right now. Aspikov ((the Duke's spymaster)) tells me of recent activity by the raiders in the north. we must recruit a standing army, and fast. I've been told that there may be a war proper if we do not prepare men. I have also been told that the Councils in the south may be up to something. I need to send a trusted person there, to stay there in their court and report me on their activities. Could you recommend me someone? Maybe you yourself could go?"

Elias Pig:

Find out about the current events and notable people in the Duke's court.

Duke Guillem's court is mostly consisting of the people in his bodyguard (you for an example), his spymaster Aspikov (a wealthy and influential merchant, now employed by your liege to secure the internal safety of the realm), the High Priest, a minstrel Hochragel and John Komas, the lord's advisor.

You overhear Berren's conversation about the Councils. Maybe that could help gaining fame?

"The greatest accommodations and fortifications. Thy fortress is of marvelous proportions. Now, if thou would allow thee to meet the council."
Begin to socialize with the Duke's council, and attempt to make friends

After you return to the castle with the rest of the army, you invite John Komas and Aspikov for dinner. You all get along well, and you during the conversation you learn about the threat of a raid and the threat of the Council's attack. You realize that this could be potentially a great way to get in Guillem's favor, or a way to take his titles from right under him.

Socialize with other people in the Duke's court and attempt to gain more information about them.

You organize a small party for the people at court and you meet all of the important people at court ((a general list in StrawBarrel's turn)) as well as a few newcomers. You also spot a beautiful, polite dame. You really like her, but you don't know much about her, except for her name, Joen Limse.

Spoiler: birdy (click to show/hide)

You mingle a bit with Kassire and overhear some really interesting information from him. It sounds thrilling. Besides that, you also eye a bautiful young lady at Starker's party. You think you could potentially carouse her enough to get her to bed.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

Wolfram Starker

Socialize with Aspikov and John.

Edit: Added the characters name above the post.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:59:23 pm by Prophet »

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oz Berren:
"Well, I am not much for court intrigue my lord. But if you believe I should go I will. I would however suggest you send a small group to make the reports. A single man wouldn't be enough to acquire all that much information without god given talent. And sadly no names come to mind when I try to think of someone I could recommend. Maybe I could attempt to get a few men and see what is going on with the raiders? I would gladly ride to battle for your sake my lord." ((Longer than I expected wow...)) See if I can get Lord Guillem's permission to see whats on the up n up with the raiders to the north
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

"That could prove worrying, an attack upon this land, especially without an heir. Sir Aspikov and Sir Komas, if the raids seem to be clearly soon, inform me and I shall attempt to support the defense for your and the Duke's sake. Thou may take your leave."

Begin to invest and buy metalworking and woodworking businesses, also send the Duke a letter on how I can retrieve him a spouse for him to procure an heir for his duchy
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Be in the game?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

((Hrmm. What information are we talking about here?))

Gerald reclined, tuning his prized lute carefully as he eyed his prize. The war and politics surrounding the war were only moderately interesting to him. You could get so hung up on the details and the frivolous titles and flag waving. No. That wasn't the life for him. Let the brave talk and the nobles pander. The young minstrel had decided many moons ago that he would devote himself fully to the pursuit of his own happiness. And for him, a large part of that happiness meant having a pretty face to play for. If Kassire is nearby, he turns to him with a smile.

"Master Heldings, I am afraid I must take leave of you. T'would be unfair for lady like her to be alone tonight."

Taking up his instrument, Gerald Hochlager strode across the room. He strode across the room with youthful swagger and put on his best smile as he approached. When he was close enough to be in earshot with the lass, he began to flirt with her. Because I believe you're an angel.

"Excuse me miss. Did it hurt when you fell down from heaven? Because I believe you have the face of an angel."

Court the lass, regardless of any other potential lovers she may have.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

((I just realized that I didn't know this but how old is Wolfram?))

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I just realized that I didn't know this but how old is Wolfram?))
((I assumed we were in our like, late 20's maybe mid 30's I mean, considering we are a dynasty leader, but we still need kids))

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6